: what to expect when adding 22's????

nickc280
06-28-05, 03:33 AM
I just bought a set of used 22's off of ebay with 75% tread even wear luckily. Anyway what should I expect as far as ride quality? alignment issues? pulling? boucing? etc..
Thanks in advance:bling:

hcvone
06-28-05, 07:42 AM
Depending on the roads you drive on, you may notice not much of a ride difference, but if you drive on rough roads your truck will ride harsher for sure. If you have not had an alignment in a while it will not hurt to have it done.

Xrayqueen
06-28-05, 12:22 PM
I just bought a set of used 22's off of ebay with 75% tread even wear luckily. Anyway what should I expect as far as ride quality? alignment issues? pulling? boucing? etc..
Thanks in advance:bling:

They seem to be harder to stop than stock tires. It took me a while to get used to that. So be careful and enjoy.
Peace Xrayqueen :thumbsup:

hcvone
06-28-05, 12:44 PM
Good point, my neighbor and I did some testing with my Escalade with stock size tires (17's) and his Escalade with 24's, our trucks are both 03's with about the same mileage. We did 3 stops from 60 - 0, I drove both trucks first for the test, my stock tire size Escalade stopped 16 ft, 17 1/2 ft and 19 ft faster, my neighbor then drove both trucks and my stock tire size Escalade stopped faster by 18 ft, 17 ft and 21 ft. So you will have to get used to the increased stopping distance. :)

brett79
06-28-05, 01:39 PM
Yeah i sometimes find myself using my left foot too ...hahaha.

I just had an 05 w/stock tires as a rental, and I could tell a huge difference.

eski
06-29-05, 01:51 AM
All of the above are right on the money. I went from 17 to 22s, but did up grade the pads and rotors to heavy duty the orig. ones suck on the 2000 I think they had a recall at one time the center was steel and after a few warm-ups then came the vibration. Dont know what year urs is but rotors and pads help the stopping. less rubber the harder the ride but it looks goooooooood. Enjoy:bling:

nickc280
06-29-05, 04:00 AM
thanks for the good input guys