: Steering stabilizers???

06-27-05, 05:44 PM
I have a 2000 Escalade and I'm getting what I've always called "bump steer" from the front wheels.....shimmy in the steering when hitting good-sized bumps. Are there steering stabilizers on the front end (shock absorber type), like the kind I had on some older trucks? If not, can they be added? Anybody else having this problem? If so, does it indicate a problem or just the fact that the 2000 is built on an older, not as sophisticated platform? I checked the Rancho (the ones I've always used) catalog and didn't see any listings for Cadillac. Should I be looking under the Yukon/Tahoe listings? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

06-27-05, 06:13 PM
you should call or go visit your local tire shop and ask some questions

06-27-05, 06:44 PM
you shouldn't be getting much noticable bump steer. you should have your front end checked out. if nothing is wrong look up steering stabilizers for a 95-99 Tahoe/Yukon. Rancho, Fabtech, Superlift, and Skyjacker each make a kit.

06-27-05, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the replies....I think I'll go to my local tire place Friday and see if they can find anything.