: Anyone selling stock V exhaust??

CTS V6 3.6
06-26-05, 01:25 AM
Hello, I was wondering if anyone was selling stock exhaust off of a V. I live in NY. Thanks

luvmyVluvmyV
06-26-05, 01:50 AM
Hey,

I just had a Corsa system but on my 2005 CTS-V this week. I left my stock system with them. It was intact when I left on Friday. But, we are out here on the west coast. Oregon. Anyhow, the name of the place is "Mike's Performance Mufflers." I told them I would get the word out that they had it. Their number is 541-482-8177. Have no idea how much they will charge you for it or shipping. Only 4,000 mile on the car. Good luck!

Michael

CTS-VETTE 550HP
06-26-05, 02:00 AM
HOWDY, I HAVE A BRAND NEW FACTORY EXHAUST (3 DAYS OLD, LESS THAN 25 MILES) WHEN ORIGINALLY ON V. BEEN IN STORAGE EVER SINCE I BOUGHT A CORSA EXHAUST FOR MY V. MAKE AN OFFER AND SEND ME AN E-MAIL m_trevino93@hotmail.com

1gCtsV05
06-26-05, 10:29 AM
Hello, I was wondering if anyone was selling stock exhaust off of a V. I live in NY. Thanks

I am in westchester, NY... 30mins-1hr way from you...
I have a stock exhaust for you... 3 miles on it... brand new...
still in 1 solid piece. How much do you want to pick it up for?
Let me know. Gianni

CTS V6 3.6
06-26-05, 11:40 AM
Hey Gianni, can you email me a picture or two? The mufflers have the tips and all on them still right? Thanks Quadsportz400@aol.com

1gCtsV05
06-26-05, 12:14 PM
Hey Gianni, can you email me a picture or two? The mufflers have the tips and all on them still right? Thanks Quadsportz400@aol.com

I cannot take pics... the exhaust is still at the dealership.
Is is still 100% intact... literally taken ofdfthecar andset aside
as is... tips and all... If someonestripped them off I will bitch
and get you new ones for free. how much do you want to spend?

SBONES
06-26-05, 12:16 PM
i too have one. on car for about a week. anybody wants it ill send it ups..my email is raptor2045@hotmail.com...good luck:coolgleam

CTS V6 3.6
06-26-05, 12:25 PM
i dont know Gianni, would you take $75?

CTS V6 3.6
06-26-05, 12:27 PM
also, I will be in westchester tomorrow night ironically.

JOEYCTS-V
06-26-05, 06:31 PM
CTS V6, I'll have my stock exhaust for sale sometime next week after the Corsa goes on. I live in Queens and work on Long Island. Let me know.

waitebe
06-26-05, 09:47 PM
If anyone in the Indianapolis area (or anywhere close) has CTS-V exhaust they want to sell, look me up!

feline
06-26-05, 10:24 PM
I also have a STOCK V Exhaust For SALE---just put my Corsa on last week. My "V" only has 1400 miles. I am located in OHIO about 1 hour east of CLEVELAND.
Thanks, Ginnie mhassett@adelphia.com

1gCtsV05
06-26-05, 11:21 PM
also, I will be in westchester tomorrow night ironically.

kool... I was thinking $100 but we can talk I guess...
I will be in Yorktown tomorrow night....
right by Mt Kisco where the dealer is...
I can be there by 5:30 / 6pm... do you have
a truck? Its a big exhaust!!!

call me 914-557-1406
ttyl
Gianni

PneuBird
06-27-05, 05:30 AM
Hey Waitebe.....I have the stock exhaust sitting at my dealership here in columbus, Ohio. Make me an offer and it's yours!!! :bouncy:

waitebe
06-27-05, 01:00 PM
Pneubird,
I send you a PM.

jspridge
06-27-05, 01:36 PM
Pneubird - how much do you want for the exhaust in Columbus? I'm local and can pick it up.

Thanks.

urbanski
06-27-05, 02:31 PM
anybody near me in san 'tone GO SPURS can come by and pick up my stocker CHEAP!

Brad330cic
06-29-05, 12:21 PM
My stock exhaust will be available in Dallas today! 50bucks??? 395 miles on it.....
214-395-1196 brad@ultimatesn.com

PneuBird
06-29-05, 03:37 PM
jspridge.....Exhaust is still available here in columbus, Ohio. I'll take $100.00 and it's yours....it's in great shape and has been stored at my dealership since I put on the Corsa Exhaust last year.....Let me know what you think of the deal and I can arrange pick-up times at my dealership for you. PneuBird :drinker

nystateomind
06-30-05, 03:58 PM
If anyone in the D.C. area has one available, please let me know!

Thanks,
Matt
minukai at yahoo.com

-1-
06-30-05, 04:50 PM
:hmm: What engine does the V exhaust fit. I have a '03 3.2L with the 5 speed. I'm taking the B&B exhaust off and want to go with something a little quiter. I'm in central VA. If it fits the above car, I'll take if close by. THANKS!

RobertCTS
06-30-05, 05:01 PM
:hmm: What engine does the V exhaust fit. I have a '03 3.2L with the 5 speed. I'm taking the B&B exhaust off and want to go with something a little quiter. I'm in central VA. If it fits the above car, I'll take if close by. THANKS!

Adapting shouldn't be a problem on the 3.2 but you will need an additional hanger and to cut another outlet in the bumper cover. A good Muffler shop should be able to take care of you. I have the 3.6 and it took less than an hour to install.

-1-
06-30-05, 05:02 PM
:bouncy: OK, it fits a 3.2L. I have dual B&B. Anyone within several hours of central (Richmond) VA selling, I'm interested (motivated buyer).

pjohnesq
06-30-05, 05:12 PM
LOS ANGELES???? Anyone IN Los Angeles selling a V-Exhaust????

JOEYCTS-V
06-30-05, 07:45 PM
Add another V exhaust for sale to the list. I took mine off today; I'm in the NYC/L.I. area.

51PHFTY
06-30-05, 07:54 PM
LOS ANGELES???? Anyone IN Los Angeles selling a V-Exhaust????

I am in Santa Clarita - my stock exhaust has about 5,000 miles on it. Make me an offer?? Mrfox8689@aol.com

thefred
07-02-05, 07:42 PM
Looking for a V exhaust in Atlanta. Anyone?

Dennisscars
07-02-05, 07:48 PM
Mine had less than 500 miles. Oxnard, CA Mapquest 93030. Send me your email for pic's. Make offer, going on EBay soon. Need money to pay for track time next weekend. :D

calavera
07-25-05, 09:10 PM
Anyone selling in Northern california?

Im in sacramento Jorgechav@yahoo.com

INDO
07-25-05, 10:23 PM
Im located in Orlando FL, would be interested in purchasing a V exhaust
indoplaya47@aol.com

rydr2
07-25-05, 10:25 PM
Anybody withing 200 miles of Jacksonville, Florida let me know. I'll come and pick it up.:thumbsup:

f1_fanz
07-26-05, 09:30 AM
Looking for V-exhaust for my '03 3.2L. I'm in northern Virginia but would be willing to travel a reasonable distance or pay to have it shipped. PLMK.

Thanks!

Diane

aravindb
07-26-05, 04:12 PM
Anyone with a V exhaust near Boston, MA ? I am interested in one ... Let me know.
arvi007 -at- gmail -dot- com.
Thanks

cts-d
08-01-05, 04:15 PM
anyone have one for around $100 shipped?

Florian
08-01-05, 04:42 PM
Itll cost 100 bux to ship the beast.....gotta weight 80 lbs and its freaking LONG (no off color comments here...its WAAAAYYYY too easy) 100 bux + shipping gets you mine.

F

cts-vette
08-01-05, 09:56 PM
I have one for sale - all in 1 piece....if you are willing to come across on the port jeff ferry - leaving out of Bridgport (From Boston) i would be happy to meet you with it.

Anyone else for that matter that wants one, just let me know.....I would be nice to get it out of the garage before the winter when the car goes back in.

jspacc@optonline.net

mlonigro
08-01-05, 10:59 PM
Looking for an exhaust in NC area.

Jus4Fun
08-01-05, 11:33 PM
Anyone in the south has a V exhaust, let me know! Atlanta, Birmingham, Alabama, Mississippi!
Thanks..

RobertCTS
08-02-05, 10:02 AM
Looking for V-exhaust for my '03 3.2L. I'm in northern Virginia but would be willing to travel a reasonable distance or pay to have it shipped. PLMK.
Thanks!
Diane

Hi Diane,
There's been some discussion about the V exhaust on the 3.2. There is an issue of to big and not enough scavenging to quickly remove the exhaust gases. Odyesseus, one of our engineering member seems to think that's the case. He too has the 3.2. You may want to think about picking one of the 3.6 duals the other guys are removing. They should be a real bargin. Maybe even free just to get rid of them. I trashed mine when I got the V exhaust.

Bob

odysseus
08-02-05, 10:58 AM
Yup. Going from a single 2.5" (4.9 sq. in.) exhaust to a dual 2.5" (9.8 sq. in.) exhaust would likely ruin any torque the car has in the midrange. Installing a used dual exhaust from the 3.6 would probably be perfect. Most aftermarket dual exhausts are 2.25" (8 sq. in.), which I think is the same as the stock 3.6L (has anyone measured?). If it's dual 2" pipes, it would be 6.3 sq. in., which is a 28% increase in flow from the stock 3.2L single pipe. I'm sure you can get a set for free from anyone who's upgraded to the V pipes.

While bigger pipes help to get the spent gas out of the combustion chamber, the gasses quickly cool, slowing their velocity near the tailpipe, which gives the notorious 'drone'. It also moves the torque peak up the curve.

A trick for adjusting the torque curve (by adjusting backpressure) in Harleys, who like big straight pipes, is to weld a thick washer (say 1" diameter) to a short (1") threaded rod. Drill a hole the same size as the threaded rod near the end of the tailpipe, where the gasses are coolest and slow down. Insert the washer and rod from the inside of the pipe and put a nut on the outside. The washer will be right in the middle of the tailpipe. You can rotate the washer edge-on all the way to full obstruction, which adjusts backpressure. One can calculate the proper washer size by it's cross sectional area as a ratio of the tailpipe cross section. It's a lot of work for adjustability, and most would simply rather install a set of pipes that work.

Diane, I'll have my Borla's on in a few weeks. I'm in Dulles three days a week, if you and Scott want to see what it sounds like. I need to get ready for some dyno runs to prove/disprove the HP myths for the 3.2L.

08-02-05, 11:16 AM
to those in the Northern VA area, I'm in Mclean. 100 bucks and its yours. about 2000 miles one it, it;s been sitting under the deck since the fall with tape over the inlets and tennis balls in the outlets.

Bring a pickup truck or a utility trailer. I'm not messing with shipping!

PM me.

suchnsuch
08-22-05, 03:07 PM
OK, anyone anywhere near detroit with a v exhaust they want to get rid of?

DDS rollin a CTS
01-03-06, 12:43 PM
If anyone in the Indianapolis area (or anywhere close) has CTS-V exhaust they want to sell, look me up!

I'm also looking for an exhaust in the greater Indiana area, I know there are a couple of local V owners, any of you guys got an old exhaust lying around, or getting ready to upgrade? I was going to get a Borla for christmas, but needed new tires so I got those instead.

RobertCTS
01-03-06, 12:50 PM
I'm also looking for an exhaust in the greater Indiana area, I know there are a couple of local V owners, any of you guys got an old exhaust lying around, or getting ready to upgrade? I was going to get a Borla for christmas, but needed new tires so I got those instead.

My V exhaust will be free free when I get the huggers and Corsa on. That looks like March. As you know Doc, Central Ohio.

BadCad
01-03-06, 04:24 PM
Stock CTS-V exhaust is available (~7500 miles) from Orange County/Los Angeles area....
contact me if anyone has interest.

First Class Motoring
01-03-06, 04:57 PM
Hi, I'm In North Hollywood Ca. Can You Call Me About The Stock Exhaust.my# Is 818 535 0015

dallas_cts
01-31-06, 02:26 AM
Anyone in the Dallas area with the stock V exhaust for sale? :bouncy:

pimpcaddy
01-31-06, 11:26 AM
I expect to swap out my stock V exhaust by the end of February. It will be available in Sacramento, CA.

Dave

riverrat
01-31-06, 12:02 PM
I have a stock exhaust available just east of Cincinnati if any of you Indiana/Ohio are still looking.

ghostrider
01-31-06, 06:08 PM
I am looking for a CTS V exhaust in AZ.
Thanks

Indy-V
02-01-06, 06:10 PM

Hey man, I live in Indy and just bought an '06 V Jan 9th. Going to be getting Corsa exhaust sometime in next month or so and was just checking out posts on stock exhausts for sale. What does a stock exhaust go for anyway?

RobertCTS
02-01-06, 06:20 PM
Hey man, I live in Indy and just bought an '06 V Jan 9th. Going to be getting Corsa exhaust sometime in next month or so and was just checking out posts on stock exhausts for sale. What does a stock exhaust go for anyway?

I paid $30 for mine. I've seen them go for free just to get rid of them up to $100. Impossible to ship at a reasonable rate. When your ready post a thread in the CTS Forum. A guy from Indy was lookin'. Glad to hear about your V purchase.:thumbsup:

Mikes V
02-01-06, 06:37 PM
Hey Dallas CTS,
Do you have a system you are wanting to get rid of? Maybe we could work out a trade plus cash deal.

dallas_cts
02-01-06, 08:11 PM
If you mean radio, etc. I'm all stock stuff except a bass link unit that I just had installed last week.

If you have the stock v exhaust available I would really appreciate the hook up though. I live about 15 minutes down the tollway from Frisco.

Slywun
02-01-06, 09:13 PM
V exhaust still available in Jacksonville FL.

Indy-V
02-03-06, 05:38 PM
Going to be getting Corsa exhaust here in a couple\few weeks (as soon as I get my tax return check) Anyone in the Indianapolis area interested in the stock V exhaust?

DDS rollin a CTS
02-23-06, 04:17 AM
Going to be getting Corsa exhaust here in a couple\few weeks (as soon as I get my tax return check) Anyone in the Indianapolis area interested in the stock V exhaust?

Indy-V - I might be interested in your stock exhaust. Send me a pm or start a thread in the regular CTS forum! Thanks.

RobertCTS
02-23-06, 06:45 AM
Hey,

I just had a Corsa system but on my 2005 CTS-V this week. I left my stock system with them. It was intact when I left on Friday. But, we are out here on the west coast. Oregon. Anyhow, the name of the place is "Mike's Performance Mufflers." I told them I would get the word out that they had it. Their number is 541-482-8177. Have no idea how much they will charge you for it or shipping. Only 4,000 mile on the car. Good luck!

Michael

Hi mike,
I looked into shipping. It would have to go common carrier. Over $200:crybaby:
Couldn't help but notice your Ferrari:eek: You plan to restore it and find a prpoer engine? Big bucks I imagine. Good luck:thumbsup:

2004CTS
02-23-06, 09:32 AM
For all of you other V6 owners considering a V-exhaust, we need someone to dyno the results before and after (i.e. same car, same day, dyno with stock exhaust then with V-exhaust so we can compare the difference in hp & torque). There is speculation of torque loss (makes sense in theory), but no scientific proof or facts. Those who have already dynoed with their V-exhaust had other mods done simultaneously.