: Question about HomeLink

Oakland Raiders
06-25-05, 08:49 PM
My wife and I just drove home a brand new 2005 Escalade. We have a garage door opener (Chamberlain Liftmaster) that uses a revolving code. We have followed the instructions in the manual, but still can't seem to get the thing to work.

So far, this is what we've tried:

1. Hold down two outside buttons on Homelink for 20 seconds.
2. Push the button on the transmitter of the actual garage door opener.
3. Hold down the desired button on Homelink for two seconds....repeat three times, per the manual's instructions.

Does anyone have any advice for us? How did you get yours to work?

I thankyou in advance!

Oakland Raiders
06-25-05, 09:17 PM
Nevermind, we got it to work just now. The trick is you first need your handheld remote control to program the Homelink button. Once you've programmed the Homelink button, you then need to teach it the revolving code for your opener. This is done by pushing the "Learn" button on your garage door opener and then holding down the desired Homelink button for two seconds. Repeat three times and it memorizes the code.

jordan00escalade
06-26-05, 11:27 AM
I'm at almost every Home Game.. Do you tailgate?

Oakland Raiders
06-26-05, 08:28 PM
I live down in L.A., but we fly up for four games a season to Oaktown. We usually wander through the parking lot before gametime, but we don't usually tailgate. I'm bringing my entire family and in-laws up for the San Diego game in Oakland. Where do you tailgate....we'll look for you?

99escalademan
06-26-05, 08:43 PM
enjoy moss. WE got a whole new defense for himhttp://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Oakland Raiders
06-27-05, 12:28 AM
A Vikings fan I presume?

Randy Moss for Napolean Harris is the equivalent of the Lakers trading Shaq to the Heat for garbage players. You guys were flat out robbed at gunpoint by Al Davis. It's great being a Raider fan!!!

Rolex
06-27-05, 03:55 PM
Nevermind, we got it to work just now. The trick is you first need your handheld remote control to program the Homelink button. Once you've programmed the Homelink button, you then need to teach it the revolving code for your opener. This is done by pushing the "Learn" button on your garage door opener and then holding down the desired Homelink button for two seconds. Repeat three times and it memorizes the code.

This took me hours to figure out too, don't feel bad. I think the instructions for programming rolling-code doors could be worded better. :rolleyes2

rcgait1
06-27-05, 04:31 PM
Since I have yet to figure it out the way the manual instructs.

Oakland Raiders
06-27-05, 05:26 PM
What's sad is that I went through the same procedure 6 months ago when I bought an STS. I just couldn't remember exactly how I did it, but luckily I figured it out.

jordan00escalade
06-27-05, 06:05 PM
I'm usually on the North Side.. This year we'll be playing madden out the back of the truck. My friend has a white 2003 sierra, I own a white 2000 Escalade. We like to get in early BBQ and drink.. it's all about having a good time. The tailgate is the whole experience.