: power loss problems cant burnout anymore.........

ocjmakaveli
06-25-05, 04:20 AM
can low trans oil level affect performance?

how about diff. oil levels?

I haven't been able to burnout my wheels anymore the engine feels the same but somehow the power isnt being transmitted as efficiently as it was before I might do a tranny swap soon if this keeps up..........

any input is appreciated

davesdeville
06-25-05, 06:31 AM
Low tranny fluid can cause it to "slip" more than it should. Diff. oil isn't used in a hydrolic system, it's mostly there for cooling and lubrication so I wouldn't blame that immediately. I would however fix either problem immediately.

BluEyes
06-26-05, 02:39 AM
remember to check the tranny fluid with the engine warm, and running (10-15 minutes of driving at least) and the tranny in park.
Also, be sure you get Dexron-Mercon trans fluid if it needs any, that's GM's formula.

ocjmakaveli
06-26-05, 11:23 PM
I feel like its slipping more in 1st gear than it used too.

N0DIH
06-27-05, 02:18 AM
Can't do a burn out?! That is serious loss of power on an LT1 car!!!

Any noise from trans? My THM375 (not B) plugged the filter and groaned, and lost pressure fast. I got it hope did a trans filter and it was as good as new.

ocjmakaveli
06-27-05, 04:05 PM
Can't do a burn out?! That is serious loss of power on an LT1 car!!!

Any noise from trans? My THM375 (not B) plugged the filter and groaned, and lost pressure fast. I got it hope did a trans filter and it was as good as new.

no well the other thing is that its hard to do burnouts with my pirelli tires because they grip so well........

if i put the stock michelins i can still burnout fine.......

the thing is a couple months ago i could burnout a little with my pirelli tires but not anymore.......

before with my stock michelins my tires felt like I was always driving on ice because any little pedal force would make my tires squeel

N0DIH
06-27-05, 04:10 PM
Check plugs, see how they are reading. See if they are getting black or white. If they are white (bone white), lean, if they are black dry/sooty, fuel, if they are black oily, oil.

Make sure plugs/wires/Optispark are ok. Coolant temp ok?

Any issues when cold vs warm?

ocjmakaveli
06-28-05, 11:26 PM
Check plugs, see how they are reading. See if they are getting black or white. If they are white (bone white), lean, if they are black dry/sooty, fuel, if they are black oily, oil.

Make sure plugs/wires/Optispark are ok. Coolant temp ok?

Any issues when cold vs warm?

no its the same regardless of temp

I just feel as if the tranny doesnt engage as it used too

N0DIH
06-28-05, 11:36 PM
Is trans filter getting plugged up?

Can't hurt to change it and the fluid. Look for debris in the pan, take any larger chunks to a trans shop that you and the Cadillac dealer trusts.