: Awesome deal on the B&M shifter

LV_V
06-24-05, 04:17 PM
I found this website that has the B&M shifter for $214 and they also have a $25 "NBA Final Special" that takes off another $25!!! Thats $189 + shipping! I'm ordering mine as we speak. I am also going to call them to order a replacement K&N filter RF-1040 for my More Performance CAI, the same air filter that is included in the LPE CAI.

Enjoy!!

B&M Shifter for the CTS-V:

http://store.racerwheel.org/racerwheel/b32-45067.html (http://store.racerwheel.org/racerwheel/b32-45067.html)

And by the way, this $25 discount is only good until the 26th of June...

dreamcarc6
06-24-05, 04:39 PM
K&N filter RF-1040 for my More Performance CAI, the same air filter that is included in the LPE CAI.

Is is better? Are you sure about that number? I searched on their site and found nothing.

LV_V
06-24-05, 05:08 PM
Go to www.bmracing.com and then click on the "Catalog" tab at the top of the page. Select the "Manual Shifters" pdf and look on the second page for the Cadillac CTS shifter, part #45067.

LV_V
06-24-05, 05:12 PM
Oh sorry, didn't realize you were asking about that K&N filter. I didn't see the RF1040 on racerwheel's website so I was going to call them. Unfortunately they have no phone number, SO I emailed them about it. If I don't hear back by tomorrow I'll just order the K&N filter elsewhere. I've found it for like $44 or so elsewhere online.

LV_V
06-25-05, 03:18 PM
Anyone else jumped on this deal yet for the B&M shifter?

WillyV
06-25-05, 03:29 PM
I ordered the shifter last Wed. Should be installing late this week or next weekend.

LV_V
06-25-05, 03:42 PM
I just now ordered it. Got an email back from racerwheel.com saying that they don't carry the K&N filter I needed, so I went ahead and ordered just the B&M from them. $209 shipped, not bad...

vr6aaron
06-25-05, 05:51 PM
Not a bad deal, i just placed my order as well.

vr6aaron
06-28-05, 07:08 PM
I just got this email.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for choosing Racerwheel. Your order has been cancelled because
the product you ordered has been discontinued by the manufacturer. We are
no longer able to get the product. If we do come across a distributor
that still has some inventory left, we will contact you. We apologized
for for the inconvenience, and hope we will be able to assist you in the
future.

Best Regards,
Racerwheel Customer Service
www.racerwheel.com (http://www.racerwheel.com/)
sales@racerwheel.com (sales@racerwheel.com)

Is this true? Is the product really discontinued?:mad:

dreamcarc6
06-28-05, 11:10 PM
Oh sorry, didn't realize you were asking about that K&N filter. I didn't see the RF1040 on racerwheel's website so I was going to call them. Unfortunately they have no phone number, SO I emailed them about it. If I don't hear back by tomorrow I'll just order the K&N filter elsewhere. I've found it for like $44 or so elsewhere online.

Any thoughts on whether this filter is better/flows more air than the K&N included with the More Performance CAI? I guess my point is, Is bigger always better?

LV_V
06-29-05, 01:01 PM
I just got this email.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for choosing Racerwheel. Your order has been cancelled because
the product you ordered has been discontinued by the manufacturer. We are
no longer able to get the product. If we do come across a distributor
that still has some inventory left, we will contact you. We apologized
for for the inconvenience, and hope we will be able to assist you in the
future.

Best Regards,
Racerwheel Customer Service
www.racerwheel.com (http://www.racerwheel.com/)
sales@racerwheel.com (sales@racerwheel.com)

Is this true? Is the product really discontinued?:mad:

I got an email on Monday with a UPS tracking # from them. It is supposed to arrive today. I'll let you know what arrives :confused:

LV_V
06-29-05, 03:03 PM
I also remembered that I called B&M on Friday to double check I was ordering the right part # for my V. I spoke with someone there who confirmed this to be the correct short shifter for the V (part # 45067). There is no way they discontinued it already. I don't know why you got that email, but something doesn't sound right.

If you still want it for a killer price through racerwheel I would email them again, tell them the situation, and also tell them that you still want the $25 discount. I am still waiting on my UPS shipment from racerwheel with my B&M short shifter but will post here when it arrives today.

LV_V
06-30-05, 08:49 PM
UPS just arrived with the B&M shifter from racerwheel!! It looks great and comes with very detailed instructions for installation. It looks like it may take about 2-3 hours for me to install the B&M shifter, the new Redline shift boot, and lasstss' aluminum shift knob! I can't wait to get my V back next week to start modding again!!

CVP33
06-30-05, 10:07 PM
Which shifter boot cover did you get? I did the two tone with cream and black. It may be a bit much, but for just over $40 it's easily the least expensive mod I've done lately. Plus it goes with my cream interior and black floor mats. OMG I sound gay. Ahh, who cares.

LV_V
07-01-05, 01:19 AM
I went with black w/ silver stitching. BTW - I have black interior.

TXSilverV
07-02-05, 11:22 AM
Guys help me out here I guess I'm confused. I'm ordering my shifter from A local store but do I replace the boot as well? Who has them for me to order?

StealthV
07-02-05, 11:30 AM
Guys help me out here I guess I'm confused. I'm ordering my shifter from A local store but do I replace the boot as well? Who has them for me to order?

The original leather boot around the shifter can be used again - no need for a new one unless you'd like to upgrade. An aftermarket boot can be installed at any time pre- or post- shifter install.

The rubber boot around the base of the stock shifter (not visible from inside the car) is most likely discarded when one installs the B&M shifter as it has its own base (with a UUC, it is reused and one has to be careful not to tear it).

CVP33
07-02-05, 05:16 PM
I ordered the short shifter today. They still have $20 off. I also ordered another K&N filter for the LPE CAI for the hell of it from Pace Performance. $41 bucks and shipped free! Summit wanted over $55. Still trying to find a filter cover.

vr6aaron
07-02-05, 05:24 PM
I dont understand, i ordered the part from Racerwheel and they told me they cant get it anymore. Am i missing something here?

LV_V
07-02-05, 05:47 PM
Email them and ask about the specific part # 45067. I called B&M and they are still making it and I already received my shifter from racerwheel. Thats very strange that they would send you that email, maybe it was a mistake or something. Definately email them and confirm this.

CVP33
07-02-05, 06:05 PM
Found the filter cover part no. RF1034DR (DR denotes red, they also have black, blue and yellow). Bought it from AJUSA in California for under $30 and shipped free. Pretty. :D

LV_V
07-02-05, 06:12 PM
What is this filter cover for? Are you using it on your K&N RF-1040? (ajusa.com is where I ordered my K&N RF-1040 filter and K&N cleaning kit).

dreamcarc6
07-03-05, 12:01 AM
Ok, I'll ask again. Is the RF-1040, LPE filter better than the More Performance filter?

LV_V
07-03-05, 01:09 AM
They are very similar filters. I am replacing the More Performance filter with the RF-1040 because the More Performance metal heat shield cut several slits through the filter's plastic tube. I would rather replace the filter with a larger filter in this case. I guess you can look at it like this: if your More Performance filter is fine, there's no reason to replace it with the RF-1040; but if you're in the same boat as me and need a replacement filter, you might as well go with the larger filter. I plan on performing more mods and getting a custom tune in the near future so I feel more comfortable having the "capability" of more air flow. I do not know exactly if the RF-1040 has more airflow, but I would assume it does because it is bigger...

CVP33
07-03-05, 10:42 AM
What is this filter cover for? Are you using it on your K&N RF-1040? (ajusa.com is where I ordered my K&N RF-1040 filter and K&N cleaning kit).

Filter cover is RF-1034DR lists the same dimenstions as the RF-1040 so my guess is it fits. Not having them in hand yet, I'm hesitant to tell everyone that it will work, but the dimensions are exactly the same. After looking at my K&N filter yesterday and finding each fold with bugs and debris caught inside, I decided I need a cover. I let everyone know for certain when they arrive.

LV_V
07-04-05, 03:30 AM
Anyone know if the extra bushings for the UUC shifter will fit the B&M piece? I want to install the best possible shifting combo without spending an arm and a leg.

On another note, what grease should I buy for lubing up the joints on the shifter install?

vr6aaron
07-04-05, 10:12 AM
Post a pic of the shifter.

sti convert
07-04-05, 12:35 PM
So is the B&M a go or not? Any noise from it (other than exhaust at WOT)?

VELOSE
07-04-05, 10:12 PM
B&M Ordered, thanks fellas!

Can't wait for the Bassani Exhaust and B&M shifter to be installed. After, I'm going to try lowering the car to see how much it really affects the handling. If it's an acceptable change, staggered wheels or Maggie could be next. :D

slow35th
07-04-05, 11:13 PM
Filter cover is RF-1034DR lists the same dimenstions as the RF-1040 so my guess is it fits. Not having them in hand yet, I'm hesitant to tell everyone that it will work, but the dimensions are exactly the same. After looking at my K&N filter yesterday and finding each fold with bugs and debris caught inside, I decided I need a cover. I let everyone know for certain when they arrive.

Is the RF-1040 the filter that is supplied with the Lingenfelter LPE? I used to run a filter cover on my quad with a K&N filter. It worked pretty good. Let us know if you lose any HP. Who makes it Outerwears? I order my LPE tomorrow.

CVP33
07-04-05, 11:51 PM
I'm only going by what was post here as far as what the LPE CAI K&N filter is, so I hope they're right. My extra filter and cover are on the way. Both are made by K&N and both can be had for a steal from AJUSA.com.

LV_V
07-05-05, 04:06 AM
I'm only going by what was post here as far as what the LPE CAI K&N filter is, so I hope they're right. My extra filter and cover are on the way. Both are made by K&N and both can be had for a steal from AJUSA.com.

I second that. From what I have found on the forums, the Lingenfelter kit is the RF-1040 K&N filter. My digital camera is jacked right now, so unfortunately I cannot post pictures of the B&M shifter :banghead: