: Whistle with Lingenfelter CAI

ronr
06-24-05, 11:19 AM
I installed the Ling CAI and am getting a fair bit of whistle at certain speeds. Anyone else with this and any solutions?

Note: I have a Maggie and the blower whine is also much much louder than with the stock box. :p

Parker
06-24-05, 11:40 AM
I dont have a Maggie but I do have the Lingenfelter CAI and it never whitsles, but my Speed Inc. intake did.

1gCtsV05
06-24-05, 12:12 PM
intake whistling is natural...
sometimes it happens.. sometimes not.. NO WORRIES!

heavymetals
06-24-05, 01:32 PM
Mine does the same thing.

Whistling while it's working (hard)!

globed70
06-24-05, 02:34 PM
Yep, I haven't swapped my V intake, but I've done it on 3 other cars... and they all whistled. The average consumer generally assumes that the manufacturers leave free power on the table... we begin to learn that they are trying to get the most they can within the constraints of NVH.

willsctsv
06-24-05, 04:57 PM
Get a B&B with the X PIPE. You won't hear any whisltes! :D

CVP33
06-24-05, 07:12 PM
Agreed. BB Headers, X-pipe, Ling' CAI and custom MAF to TB pipe = NO WHISTLES. I do hear an occasional sonic boom when shifting from 5th to 6th at Mach 1.

urbanski
06-24-05, 08:12 PM
Agreed. BB Headers, X-pipe, Ling' CAI and custom MAF to TB pipe = NO WHISTLES. I do hear an occasional sonic boom when shifting from 5th to 6th at Mach 1.
amen

L.Sanchez
06-24-05, 08:40 PM
There really shouldn't be a whistle. If there is, that means that the box isn't as sealed as it should be. I just installed mine and took some time doing it.

I put foil tape all around the outside of the box to help keep the filter and air inside the "box" cooler. I also had bought extra foam insultation and stuffed it in the areas along the bottom where the weatherstripping provided didn't make contact or wasn't tight enough for my liking.

I also found an easy way to remove the rubber tubing behind the grill! :)

willsctsv
06-24-05, 09:43 PM
400 Pissed off ponies! :histeric:

I love that!

wildwhl
06-24-05, 09:59 PM
Mine whistles...and then screams "Bring your Friggin AMG/M/SRT/EVO/Sti Punk-ass shit to me" :want:

LV_V
06-24-05, 10:08 PM
I also found an easy way to remove the rubber tubing behind the grill! :)

Please share :bouncy:

L.Sanchez
06-25-05, 04:33 PM
Its actually quite easy...especially if you have smaller hands and arms like me. :cool: Take a long flathead screwdriver, preferably a thinner model. Facing the front of the vehicle put your left hand in where the hood latch is and reach over and grab the rubber hosing and pull it towards the hood latch opening. With your right hand try to position the screwdriver under the pop rivets and pry the rubber hosing up, and over the rivets. There is no point trying to remove them since its far too difficult.

There should be 3 or 4 rivets to get the hosing over. REmember to pull the hosing with the left hand while your are prying the hose over the rivet. It took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to get it out. Once I figured this out, it took me 30 seconds to remove the hose.:) While I was in there, I also trimmed some of the rubber padding/insulation stuff behind the driver side headlight.

Late BrakeU2
06-27-05, 02:09 PM
While I was in there, I also trimmed some of the rubber padding/insulation stuff behind the driver side headlight.

Same here,I removed that whole skirt that sealed of the headlight..more free air.Love the system-car sounds great and pulls hard-well spent $225.00

urbanski
06-27-05, 02:24 PM
I put foil tape all around the outside of the box to help keep the filter and air inside the "box" cooler. I also had bought extra foam insultation and stuffed it in the areas along the bottom where the weatherstripping provided didn't make contact or wasn't tight enough for my liking.

:)
i bought foil tape for mine, and was thinking of painting it black w/ high temp paint.
thanks for the tips :)

L.Sanchez
06-27-05, 06:33 PM
i bought foil tape for mine, and was thinking of painting it black w/ high temp paint.
thanks for the tips :)

Hmm...I would probably stay away from paint. Its still absorbs where the foil reflects. Its not the sharpest looking under the hood, but its all about power. :)