: EXT's are Pretty and Pretty Damn Fast..

ktills45
06-24-05, 07:47 AM
I was coming back from Gettysburg on the PA Turnpike just crossing the Susquehanna when two EXT's, one white the other gold, fly up in the left lane. Traffic moves over for them and since I was at the back I pull out to make it three Caddy's in a row. ( My CTS was no where near as big, but it had just been washed. ;) )

Well...

My CTS pulls pretty good from 65 in 6th, pulls real well from 70 in 5th, and pulls damn hard from 75 in 4th, but the only freaking way I caught these two beasts was because of a copflagration at the end of the bridge.

Across a crappy road surface these things looked rock solid, and went from 65-100 like they were on steroids. From the drafting the gold one was doing to the white one, the brakes must be damn good also.

Kudos to you EXT owners. Good looking rides with great performance. :thumbsup:

Alexs EXT
06-24-05, 08:52 AM
I like my EXT. It's kinda fast as I have beaten some cars down here that are worth mentioning, especially since my truck weighs 6400-lbs. I wish I had one of my friends moms EXT's, both are 2005's with superchargers and some other minor things done to them (rims, tv's, etc)

boatmanea
06-24-05, 09:18 AM
Escalades in general are pretty damn fast. They'll beat almost anything stock and most turbos (unless it's a Porsche, some othe exotic, or a well-done tuner Ricer like an Integra type R). I've had a blast toasting pseudo-road jockeys here in San Antonio.

My most recent kill was a punk-a** kid obviously in his mommy's or daddy's Navi - "my child is an honor student at bla bla school" "suzi - dance corps" stickers on it. Picture this... Music blaring, cap turned backwards, gunning the engine next to me at a traffic light. Dead ahead, a long straight stretch of road, up a hill, about a 3/4 mile. Green. I shoot off the line and I'm through the intersection before he's even in it. So I slow to about 40 to let him catch me, then match his speed as he tries to keep gunning it. He looks over with big eyes as I shake my head, laugh, and punch it, leaving him in the dust. Mommy or daddy should have bought an Escalade. Sucker.

-E

hcvone
06-24-05, 12:36 PM
They run pretty good for big trucks.

RaGzEmCeE
06-24-05, 01:04 PM
yes theyre very fast for big trucks ... but theres no way in hell an escalade is going to beat anything turbo unless it supercharged ..... and it wont beat the majority of stock cars ... and im not talkn about a 1986 honda civic ... there arent many new stock cars that it can beat ...

Rolex
06-24-05, 02:25 PM
I gave my buddy a new respect for Escalades after he tried to pass me in his 2004 Acura TL. Needless to say he never got around me.....hell, he never got even with me.

Alexs EXT
06-24-05, 02:39 PM
I gave my buddy a new respect for Escalades after he tried to pass me in his 2004 Acura TL. Needless to say he never got around me.....hell, he never got even with me.
Hmm, maybe I have to get something going between my truck and my friends 2005 TL. She let me drive it a few times, and god dam that car was quick. It seemed faster than my truck, so I guess there's only 1 way to find out right :burn:

ktills45
06-24-05, 03:13 PM
My CTS is about a 6.4 car. However, it starts to run out of breath up top, relatively speaking.

These EXT's just pulled soooo freaking easy at 60 I was amazed. If you're gonna run your friend, make sure you do it from a roll. 6400lb is alot to get motivated, if you get my drift.

RaGzEmCeE
06-24-05, 03:42 PM

either your friend doesnt know how to drive or something is wrong with his car ... because a 2004 acura TL will smoke the shit out of an escalade.... 270 hp to car that weighs 3,575 ..... you really think an escalade can take it?

Alexs EXT
06-24-05, 04:40 PM
These EXT's just pulled soooo freaking easy at 60 I was amazed. If you're gonna run your friend, make sure you do it from a roll. 6400lb is alot to get motivated, if you get my drift.
I was surprised when i bought my EXT, that shit would take off at certain speeds. But down low it does kinda have to wait awhile before anything happens :D whereas my friends tl we just sat next to another friend in her slightly modified rsx-s, and took off on her ass, somewhere around 25mph to about 60 and i was gone! didnt go faster than that because we were doing this just testing it out in a 35 zone with light traffic so i would just bump it to 60 and back down real quick.

im surprised my truck accelrates as quick as it does, when it has the same engine and shit as my H2, both weigh the same, and yet the H2 feels slower for some reason? wonder if transmissions are different, oh well. Sunday me and the TL are going to miami, we'll find out whos faster at what speeds then! :thumbsup:

**EDIT** that is a big post.

Rolex
06-24-05, 05:24 PM
either your friend doesnt know how to drive or something is wrong with his car ... because a 2004 acura TL will smoke the shit out of an escalade.... 270 hp to car that weighs 3,575 ..... you really think an escalade can take it?

How did you know my friend is an idiot who drives a POS car? :helpless: <end sarchasm>

My friend can drive just fine, and there's nothing wrong with his car. The run was from around 15 mph to 75 mph, and good sense made me let up on the throttle (he'd have passed me above 75 mph anyway). I had the a/c off, the stability system off, and the tranny in tow/haul mode. From a dead stop the TL would blow the doors off my Lade, but I held my own from a rolling start.

It was a fun short run, and it DID give my buddy a new respect for the Lade.

jordan00escalade
06-24-05, 06:39 PM
A stock Escalade will not outrun most vehicles on the road.. That's not what it's designed to do. It's not a race car, it's a lux vehicle with alot of power. Don't let all the hype gas you up. lol.. The EXT is one of the finest trucks on the road, lets leave it at that. On the cool, wish I had 1.

Fast Eddie
06-25-05, 10:00 PM
I actually had a dodge SRT4 from a light to 60-70 the other day in my '05 EXT. He was not great at the wheel, but the truck launched great and he was reeling me in when we ran out of time. I figure this truck runs a good 15 flat in the 1/4, good enough to wax most normal cars, and keep up with the rest non-sports cars. I do believe the Escalades are underated for '05 when they went to efans.

Gvit
06-27-05, 02:54 AM
They run pretty good for big trucks.
They're pretty quick for what they are; trucks.
I've got an 02 w/a Corsa Touring exhaust, Predator programmer, & a cold air intake.
It seems really fast while buzzing around town & sticking your foot in it while on the Interstate at 55 & feeling it kick in, jumping to 90 in a few seconds, pulling forward seemingly to no end. It's an awesome feeling!
But,
Ford Focus is faster.
Misubishi Eclipse is faster.
Dodge Neon is faster.
Honda Civic EX is faster.
Lightning; I don't want to go there.
I could go on, but I won't.
My truck is a blast to drive, but I've been eaten up by ricers at redlights.
Granted, there isn't one of these guys who wouldn't trade they're vehicles along with their firstborn for my truck, but I realize that it is what it is. I don't think that GM puts out a truck that can run with it, other than the SS which shares the same drivetrain, save for the AWD.

fast66
06-27-05, 03:55 AM
They're pretty quick for what they are; trucks.
I've got an 02 w/a Corsa Touring exhaust, Predator programmer, & a cold air intake.
\
Same setup here, and I agree.

tdogg5184
06-27-05, 08:56 PM
I agree they are quick for what they are but are not faster than most cars that are coming out today. Im sorry there is no way that a stock or near stock EXT at over 6k lbs can get a flat 15 in the quarter mile. I have a regular 2005 escalade AWD and its quick for a truck but my 2000 STS is faster and i have run 15 flat in the quarter in that. I know theres no way my Escalade could do that, and my Z28 is much much much faster(13.2). Just make sure you keep everything in perspective. Dont get me wrong I love the Escalade!

jordan00escalade
06-27-05, 11:59 PM
Note: if convinced a EXT will outrun a acura tl... I have a bridge for sale.

Alexs EXT
06-28-05, 09:05 AM
Just picked up some exotics magazine yesterday, they have a nice 12-sec escalade in there. only clue about performance from the outside is the intercooler hanging a couple inches below the bumper :rolleyes:

PACMANEJ
06-28-05, 10:19 AM
I like my EXT. It's kinda fast as I have beaten some cars down here that are worth mentioning, especially since my truck weighs 6400-lbs. I wish I had one of my friends moms EXT's, both are 2005's with superchargers and some other minor things done to them (rims, tv's, etc)

Yes our trucks are pretty fast, but I will tell you another SUV that will give our trucks a run for your money and its stock. my brother bought an '05 Nissan Armada and :jawdrop: that truck is fast a hell!!! Trust me!

Fast Eddie
06-28-05, 10:59 PM
The Armada is about a 15sec flat truck. The '05s are definately stronger than older Escalades, I have been in several and they don't have near the pull of an '05.

Heck a stock Avalanche with 60 less hp does the quarter in 16.2-16.5 seconds, putting an EXT easily in the low 15's

03whiteext
06-28-05, 11:07 PM
I was surprised when i bought my EXT, that shit would take off at certain speeds. But down low it does kinda have to wait awhile before anything happens :D whereas my friends tl we just sat next to another friend in her slightly modified rsx-s, and took off on her ass, somewhere around 25mph to about 60 and i was gone! didnt go faster than that because we were doing this just testing it out in a 35 zone with light traffic so i would just bump it to 60 and back down real quick.

im surprised my truck accelrates as quick as it does, when it has the same engine and shit as my H2, both weigh the same, and yet the H2 feels slower for some reason? wonder if transmissions are different, oh well. Sunday me and the TL are going to miami, we'll find out whos faster at what speeds then! :thumbsup:

**EDIT** that is a big post.
the h2 does not have the high output 6.0 it has the 312 h.p version while the ext has the 345 h.p h.o. model, that is why it feels slower because it is:bouncy:

50nutt
07-28-05, 01:17 PM
well i know mine will beat a civic and a neon. I am not even going to argue about this subject, its stupid. Escalades do have some nutt, BUT IT IS A LUX> SUV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think they go great for how heavy they are.