: 1994 Fleetwood Brougham Window

joeyjoejums
06-24-05, 12:27 AM
The driver's side window won't go down in my dad's car. Anyone else run into this problem. LET ME KNOW!

Deville_Dude
07-27-07, 01:58 AM
Yeah so i replaced the fuse to it....but now it works but stops midway....Dam so close yet so far..

96Fleetwood
07-27-07, 06:57 AM
Could be as simple as the window rollers. You can buy them cheap at the dealer, it is a common problem on these cars.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-92-93-94-95-96-CAPRICE-9C1-IMPALA-SS-WINDOW-ROLLER_W0QQitemZ330038938625QQcmdZViewItem?hash=it em330038938625

z06bigbird
07-27-07, 10:32 AM
Defective windows on a Ford or GM? Noooooo.

Man, today's windows go out so often, it is a shame. I talked with a lady in the waiting room of a GM dealership recently who replaced 5 windows on her 2002 GM Buick. I have a 2002 Taurus with 30 k on it. Window is out. 2000 Trans Am. One window was out when we took it off the showroom floor; same window just went out--50 k miles.

Look on the work bench of any dealer, and you will see tons of broken window regulators sitting there.

I am going to learn how to change them out in next few weeks. I hear that the toughest part can be the removal/replacement of door panels--fitment thing. Dealers get about $500 per window, parts and labor.

N0DIH
06-08-08, 10:24 PM
Did you ever find out the problem? A friend of mine's FW pass window just stopped in the down position and he can't get it to come back up. Slamming door helped once, but not again.

Ideas? All others work, but the front won't. He swapped switches, no help.

tenmark
06-09-08, 09:44 AM
Sometimes you get lucky by just tapping on the motor with a hammer. You sometimes see that will lack of use, particularly with the rear windows. Or from water exposure from leaks or condensation or dust. It will just lock them up. Of course, it doesn't always work and even less with newer cars where regulators are belt or wire driven - those just break and you've got to replace the whole thing or part out a used one from the bone yard.

What are power window motors running these days?

kevm14
06-09-08, 10:05 AM
That's what was wrong with the driver's side rear window of my Caprice when I bought it back in 2001. I ran with it dead for years until one day I decided to pound on the motor. Went down. And up. It would get sticky from time to time but slamming the door was all it needed. Now, though, something is very wrong with it and it might need more than rollers...

Then the driver's side rear window on my new FWB also needs rollers. And the pass front window is probably real close to needing them judging by the way it shifts a little when it goes past a certain position in the door.

Yeah, fun. Good thing I just bought some tiny C-clamps.

N0DIH
06-09-08, 01:01 PM
That is what I told him when I posted last night, if he had it open, just tap on it with a hammer he did and it started working.

But for how long.