: Escalade EXT rims!!

Pro_Tech
06-23-05, 04:18 PM
Hello I am new to this forum. I just purchased a black 2002 Escalade EXT. I am thinking of purchasing new rims for it but I don't know what kind to get. I think 22"s are a good size. Does anyone have an suggestions.

RaGzEmCeE
06-23-05, 06:50 PM
depends ... how old are you? where do you live? do you have any kids? is it a work car? ... a lot of stuff depends ..... if your young live in a good area dont have little kids and are using this car for your own personal use .. i would go with 24s + ..... if its the oppsiite i would go with 22's

Zpak
06-23-05, 07:46 PM
I have 20" Caddy rims on mine and the dealer said that any bigger then you'd have to change the brakes and suspension system..... I did see 22's and I liked them.

RaGzEmCeE
06-23-05, 10:05 PM
^^^ bullshit ......... why would you ahve to change the suspension? thats complete bullshit .... the brakes dont have to be and shouldnt be changed on 22's .... on 24's you might want to change them ... i didnt, but some people think you should

frankiext
06-23-05, 10:42 PM
I have Foose Speedster 22's (x10) on my '03 EXT and they required only
some minor cutting of plastic in the wheelwell, no suspension, etc. Would
recommend brake upgrade though.

Frank

jahngga
06-23-05, 11:52 PM
depends ... how old are you? where do you live? do you have any kids? is it a work car? ... a lot of stuff depends ..... if your young live in a good area dont have little kids and are using this car for your own personal use .. i would go with 24s + ..... if its the oppsiite i would go with 22's

Well said, I was gonna say the same thing!:)

CTS-VETTE 550HP
06-26-05, 02:42 PM
HOWDY, PRO_TECH
I HAVE 22's MOMO STORM WITH TOYO TIRES 305-40-22 AND IT IMPROVE HANDLING PERFORMANCE ALSO CHANGING OUT STOCK ROTORS FOR BAER ERADISPEED-PLUS-TWO SINCE STOCK BRAKES ARE TERRIBLE WITH 22's GOOD LUCK!

Boombotz
06-26-05, 03:09 PM
I looked and looked at so many rims and couldn't decide what to go with until I saw these rims. I knew once I saw them they were the ones. I didn't care if others liked them or not. I just knew I did. I just wish I went with 24" instead of 22".

This are my rims. 22" Dub Spines:

CTS-VETTE 550HP
06-26-05, 03:31 PM
Cool pics boombotz but how hard is it to clean and why do you wish you would have got 24's

Boombotz
06-26-05, 07:23 PM
It is a pain in the ass to get those rims clean.

You know how we are we always want more then what we got. Expecially inches. :D

Spittin Game
06-26-05, 08:55 PM
You know how we are we always want more then what we got. Expecially inches. :D

:histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

Aint that the truth though :shhh: :D

nickc280
06-27-05, 07:11 PM
funny ass shit, he if full of it, you can get 22's, 24's, or 26's and be fine

Oakland Raiders
06-27-05, 07:38 PM
You WILL notice a difference in breaking performance once you get into the 22' range for rims. These wheels are extremely heavy, thus taking longer to stop. With 24's the ride suffers significantly because the tire is low profile. I think 20's are a good blend of performance and styling.

RaGzEmCeE
06-27-05, 10:39 PM
20's are whack ..... i wouldnt take 20's for free id rather stay stock .... 22's and up or nothing ..... they put 22's on cars now ... and your telln him to put 20's on a big ass suv like the escalade ..

fast66
06-27-05, 10:41 PM
20's are whack ..... i wouldnt take 20's for free id rather stay stock .... 22's and up or nothing ..... they put 22's on cars now ... and your telln him to put 20's on a big ass suv like the escalade ..

I just saw a cls with 24's WOW. it would be weird to pull up too a car with bigger rims.

Oakland Raiders
06-27-05, 11:42 PM
You shouldn't paint this guy a rosy picture that 22's don't change the ride or performance...it does brutha.

If this guy plans to tow, 22's will reduce his breaking ability, wear down his breaks faster, and produce a much harder ride. 20's are far from whack. Using the word whack is whack IMO.

jordan00escalade
06-28-05, 12:04 AM
You shouldn't paint this guy a rosy picture that 22's don't change the ride or performance...it does brutha.

If this guy plans to tow, 22's will reduce his breaking ability, wear down his breaks faster, and produce a much harder ride. 20's are far from whack. Using the word whack is whack IMO.

As far as towing.. Yea I'd probably suggest 20's. That would be the only condition though, I personally think 20's are too small for the Escalade. When I get around to upgrading my tires/rims, I'm going to go for the 22's. The ride/ handling issue is the only reason I'm not going with 24s. No Doubt changing your tire/wheel size is going to compromise your ride. They should have put bigger brakes on these Escalades, and I'm really doing bad because the 99/00 models don't have four (4) disc brakes, only two (2) with drums in the rear. They don't work worth a F anyway. I don't have 2-4 grand to drop on some brakes, so I'm going with the 22's style/comfort. I'm not towing anything, and I don't drive it to and from work (daily stop and go traffic). So, I'm not really concerned with eating up the brakes. But that's only my opinion and what works for me. I understand the stlye/ performance ratio. You gotta give a little, to take a little. (sacrafice) How much are you willing to give up? Everyone has a different agenda, that's what makes all the interesting combo's unique. would you want everyone riding the same rims/color/etc.,etc. how would you love that?

gchery01
07-17-05, 03:49 PM
as far as towing...my trailer has brakes ...towed w23's no problem

CAD-E!
07-17-05, 04:42 PM
the only 20's i think look good on the escalade are the platinum edition wheels & the 20" GM 6 spoke wheels.

8ball
07-17-05, 07:35 PM
Can anyone email me pic's of there EXT's with 22's please. I just bought an '05 and want to get some ideas. Also is it better to shop online or just look around your local area? eightball1974@hotmail.com

Thanks!

KingMouse
07-19-05, 11:37 AM
are u the cc 8ball?

8ball
07-21-05, 01:21 AM
What do you mean CC?

KingMouse
07-21-05, 11:53 AM
Club Chopper.

Here's mine with 22s

8ball
07-21-05, 12:15 PM
Oh..no...LOL!!! That's a nice pic, you have a bigger pic if not that's cool. I really can't tella differance between 22's and 24's unless I proubably have to seeit in person, I think I'm going to go with 22's either way; where did you get yours at? Is that your chopper; that's a nice bike, I ride myself too but sportbikes, ever trying putting your bike in the back? Well thanks for the pic.

KingMouse
07-21-05, 12:54 PM
I'll email you some bigger photos. I got my wheels from somewhere on the west coast. I live in PA. The bike won't fit. The wheel base is too long and to bike is too heavy to sit on the tailgate(they will bend) Here is a good wheel site.

http://www.mhtwheels.com/

8ball
07-21-05, 03:55 PM
Thanks, my email is eightball1974@hotmail.com

Boombotz
07-28-05, 10:49 PM
Can anyone email me pic's of there EXT's with 22's please. I just bought an '05 and want to get some ideas. Also is it better to shop online or just look around your local area? eightball1974@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Hey 8ball,

I just realized your in Tampa, Go to Wheel Tec on Waters west of Dale Mabry. See Jay. He will help you out with pcking out wheels for your EXT. I was extremly happy with them.

hilldo
07-29-05, 12:08 AM
I'm on the fence for 20's or 22's so this is interesting... I want better handling all around without feeling like I'm in a rodeo... and I also tow about once a month between september and april about 130 to 150 miles round trip for our surfing events.

I just reburbished my calipers and bought new rotors in January so I'm not interested in upgrading brakes.

8ball
07-29-05, 04:38 AM
Hey 8ball,

I just realized your in Tampa, Go to Wheel Tec on Waters west of Dale Mabry. See Jay. He will help you out with pcking out wheels for your EXT. I was extremly happy with them.

I just noticed you were from Tampa too...LOL!!! I will have to go check them out when I get back, I have about one more month left here in Iraq:banghead:

8ball
07-30-05, 06:50 PM
Hey 8ball,

Hey boombotz I forgot to ask what size tires do you have on your wheels and do they rub any? Thanks!

Boombotz
07-30-05, 08:06 PM
Hey boombotz I forgot to ask what size tires do you have on your wheels and do they rub any? Thanks!

305-45-22. No rubbing at all.

Thank you for your service in Iraq. I have a great deal of respect for you guys.:worship: Get home and come to one of our meets we have here in Tampa, and have a beer on me.

8ball
08-06-05, 01:55 PM
305-45-22. No rubbing at all.

Thank you for your service in Iraq. I have a great deal of respect for you guys.:worship: Get home and come to one of our meets we have here in Tampa, and have a beer on me.

Hey boombotz thanks for the info, just saw the post. I was checking on an internet site and they told me they recommended 40's because 45's would rub a little; did you have to do any cutting at all?

CadillacGrillz
08-06-05, 02:26 PM
me first i got 20's i was like there big then they looked small then i bought 22's same thing happened now i bought 24's and when i see them they look kinda of small to me but i cant put 26's cuz here in texas were i live theres lots of bumps and holes and when i got to mexico its worse so i guess ill stick to 24's

8ball
08-06-05, 02:52 PM
me first i got 20's i was like there big then they looked small then i bought 22's same thing happened now i bought 24's and when i see them they look kinda of small to me but i cant put 26's cuz here in texas were i live theres lots of bumps and holes and when i got to mexico its worse so i guess ill stick to 24's

Ya I really want the 24's but I hear you fill everything with them meaning the road plus I really don't fill like messing with the brakes and I'll be towing sometimes and othertimes I'll have my bike in the back. Where in Mexico do you go to? I'm originally from Brownsville, hopefully I'll be going over there in October to visit family and Bike Fest if I get back in time.

Boombotz
08-06-05, 02:58 PM
Hey boombotz thanks for the info, just saw the post. I was checking on an internet site and they told me they recommended 40's because 45's would rub a little; did you have to do any cutting at all?

I don't have any rubbing and did not cut or move anything. One time I heard the tire rub when I was backing out of my driveway and had the wheel turn all the way and it went off the curb. That's it.

I was recommended to go with the 45. It is suposed to be a smoother ride then the 40. There is a little more tire between the rim and the road with the 45.

CadillacGrillz
08-06-05, 03:03 PM
ur from brownsville well i got family in reynosa matamoros in camargo and miguel aleman so i go everywhere and i also got family over there in brownsville im from roma its 2 hrs from there

8ball
08-06-05, 03:28 PM
I don't have any rubbing and did not cut or move anything. One time I heard the tire rub when I was backing out of my driveway and had the wheel turn all the way and it went off the curb. That's it.

I was recommended to go with the 45. It is suposed to be a smoother ride then the 40. There is a little more tire between the rim and the road with the 45.

Thanks, thats what I'm loking for too, a smoother ride.:thumbsup:

8ball
08-06-05, 03:41 PM
ur from brownsville well i got family in reynosa matamoros in camargo and miguel aleman so i go everywhere and i also got family over there in brownsville im from roma its 2 hrs from there

Cool, small world:D

dirty-red
08-07-05, 05:28 PM
boombotz&8ball, do any of you have a system in your lac?? i just moved Tampa this past february, but i am out here in Afghanistan for a lil' while longer and i was wondering where would be a good place to go get a system. i have an 03 EXT, like a month after i got down to tampa i was on a plane. any help you fellas can give i would appreciate it.

8ball
08-08-05, 12:45 AM
boombotz&8ball, do any of you have a system in your lac?? i just moved Tampa this past february, but i am out here in Afghanistan for a lil' while longer and i was wondering where would be a good place to go get a system. i have an 03 EXT, like a month after i got down to tampa i was on a plane. any help you fellas can give i would appreciate it.

What's up dirty-red, I just got my EXT and I have not even seen it in person yet. I'm in Iraq myself, so i take it your at MacDill too?

Boombotz
08-08-05, 06:28 AM

Whats up Dirty-red

I have a stock Bose system in mine, but I have TV's with DVD and TV tuner installed with X-Box set up. It was done by a well known place in Tampa. I will post there name later. I can't remember there exact name now.

Boombotz
08-09-05, 10:33 AM

Divine Sounds
8338 North Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa, FL 33614
(813) 886-3100
business profile | map (http://yellowpages.superpages.com/profile~C_Audio~L_Tampa+FL~OO_1~STYPE_S~CP_Automot ive%5EAccessories%5ERetail%5EStereos+%26+Radios%5E ~LID_JmcVFnnCv%2BXAhvBjn%2BqXHA%3D%3D.htm) | driving directions (http://yellowpages.superpages.com/directions.jsp?STYPE=S&ADDR_DESTINATION=8338+North+Dale+Mabry+Highway&CITY_DESTINATION=Tampa&STATE_DESTINATION=FL&LAT_DESTINATION=028024267&LONG_DESTINATION=-082504848&BizName=Divine+Sounds&PHONE_NUMBER1=813+886+3100+P) | save (http://clicks.superpages.com/ct/clickThrough?SRC=&target=SP&PN=1&C=Audio&PGID=123.8083.1123594122944&ACTION=log,red&LID=2036981710&TR=&position=&FL=list&TL=save&LOC=http://yellowpages.superpages.com/profiler/abook.jsp?BLID=2036981710&BizName=Divine+Sounds&display=1&OP=Add+Business) li.inCat { display: inline; }

This is the place that did our DVD's they were awesome. They have a great reputation. People line up outside there door in the morning.