: Popping in front end

broke1
06-23-05, 01:14 PM
I bought my Escalade and got the factory upgrade 20's and I have a popping in the front end.Took it back to the dealer and they tightened the lower a arm's and sent me on my way WITH THE PROBLEM STILL THERE!!!

Now my truck is at the dealer because of a rear end collision and they gave me a rental Escalade THAT HAS THE SAME PROBLEM(factory 17's)!!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hcvone
06-23-05, 02:01 PM
No popping noise here

broke1
06-23-05, 02:33 PM
Both of the 05 Escalade's ive driven made a popping noise on turn's so I wouldnt think itd be an isolated incident:dunno:

AINTNOFORD
06-23-05, 02:36 PM
This is a common problem with the new escalades. It is a three prong problem. 1. There are several TSB that your dealer needs to look up. One of which is a crossmember that needs to have washers put on them. 2. The intermediate steering shaft needs to be re-greased. 3. The front frame mounts need to have the correct shims put on to allow the fram to flex correctly. I think they used a 96mm shim or washer. My dealer had my Ext in for 3 days with this problem. They were committed to finding the problem. Even told me how they valued my buisness. No problem now. I did need to have my vehicle re-aligned after they fixed the problem. My dealer also notified GM of the fix. Hope this works. Should be a 4 or 5 hour fix. :)

KwikSS_02escalade
06-24-05, 12:03 AM
My escalade pops and its an 02, popped with 17s on it and now with 24 on it

brett79
06-24-05, 08:57 AM
My 03 lade does the same exact thing. It is in the shop right now, and my service advisor said they think they fixed it, but the are waiting for a bulletin or something for a new fix....i have no clue.

But they did give an 05 white diamond to drive aournd until its ready...

PTC Sclade
06-24-05, 04:13 PM
I have an 03 and had the problem. Took the dealer two days to fix it last summer. Now I have it again so it will be going back next week. Kind of embarrassing with a +50,000 dollar vehicle. Seems to be a problem of genetics I think.

AINTNOFORD
06-24-05, 04:45 PM
Your dealer needs to perform all of the required TSB's on you escalde. The crossmember in the front needs to be shimmed with washers, the intermediate driving shaft needs to be lubed and if it is not the newest retrofit have them put the new one on. Also the front chasis mounts need to be shimmed also. If they are shimmed alaready have them put larger shims on. It took the dealer 3 days straight to fix the problem. So far so good. Good luck. Ryan:)

RaGzEmCeE
06-24-05, 05:51 PM
my 04 did that on stock 17's whenever i turned ... they fixed it though

lx4life
06-24-05, 10:49 PM
what did they do to fix it

atomikorange
06-25-05, 08:43 PM
Is there a website that list all TSB's?

Fast Eddie
06-25-05, 09:53 PM
If that doesn't work you could also use grease on the front bump stops. The bump stops often slip on the frame in corners (slow or fast-mainly whenever weight shifts)giving that clunk/pop sound. I greased my old av's and went 10k without it reappearing.

05EXTGrammyEdition
07-15-05, 02:28 PM
Yeah, you're not alone... I've been having the same problem with my Truck. I have to factory 20's also. Taking it in next week to try and get the problem fixed, so I hope they've figured it all out by now.

Sta11ion
07-15-05, 03:31 PM
There might be excessive grease around the ball joint tierods and steering stumps on the nuckle, clean off all grease that is excessive and that should fix your problem.
If that doesn't work you could also use grease on the front bump stops. The bump stops often slip on the frame in corners (slow or fast-mainly whenever weight shifts)giving that clunk/pop sound. I greased my old av's and went 10k without it reappearing.

jahngga
07-15-05, 05:11 PM
Mines pops as well, but only when making hard lefts. Gonna call the dealership & see what they say.

BIG SPENDER
07-15-05, 09:12 PM
I have an 04 with factory 20's. Not sure if I heard any noise yet but I'll keep this in mine if it starts to make that sound.

03whiteext
07-19-05, 07:47 PM
mine was doing the same thing they put 2 or 3 washers (there is a part# for them in the tsb) between the frame and body at each bolt there is 8 of them i belive and it is all gone now. they tried the steering shaft and crossmember fix but after shimming the body is wen it went away.

KingMouse
07-21-05, 12:04 PM
Mine was hard right turns. It was the intermediate steering shaft.

jahngga
07-21-05, 09:02 PM
Mine was hard right turns. It was the intermediate steering shaft.

Did you take it to the dealership? If so, did they fix the problem for you? I still gotta bring mines in for this.