: 12.84 Et/111.67 Mph

Flyboy
06-23-05, 12:55 AM
Just got home from Milan. Ran with new Nitto Drag Radials. No Wheel Hop!!!! No wheel spin. Just lotsa' pull down the track. This was my best time of three runs. 1.95....60 foot time.:lildevil:

CaddyGeek
06-23-05, 12:57 AM
:bonkers: That's good stuff, man... fastest time i've ever heard of for a V

You're a brave soul to launch hard with the nittos

Time slip?

TRE924
06-23-05, 01:15 AM
Any mods besides the rubber?

Devil_concours
06-23-05, 01:35 AM
post time slips asap

StealthV
06-23-05, 02:45 AM
Great launch! I'll pray for your diff tonight. :cheers:

Mutlu
06-23-05, 04:09 AM
Was that in stock form???

Loved to see slips as well so we can post them on the C300 boards and ruffles a couple of feathers.

HDMLNIUM
06-23-05, 08:43 AM
That is an outstanding run, your car is making some steam..:yup:
a sub 2 second 60' time, I knew these cars could do it..
Great job, any video or slip?? Would love to see them.

Bill
http://photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/th_front-1.jpghttp://photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/th_engine-yeah.jpghttp://photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/th_rear-1.jpg
05 CTS-V--- Light Platinum
3M Clear Bra and Tinted windows, LS6 Emblem, Stealth-V z06 fuel rail covers, Lasstss Billet interior pieces
Westers, B&B Headers-high flow cats-and 3" resonator exhaust, Lingenfelter CAI, UUC shifter, Full BMR
Online Photos http://photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/

V-seriesTech
06-23-05, 08:47 AM
Just got home from Milan. Ran with new Nitto Drag Radials. No Wheel Hop!!!! No wheel spin. Just lotsa' pull down the track. This was my best time of three runs. 1.95....60 foot time.:lildevil:

Great job Jim.:thumbsup:

Jamie

Flyboy
06-23-05, 09:06 AM
Just woke up....don't have a scanner at home. Will go a neighbor's house today and scan and post.....probably late today.

turbojimmy
06-23-05, 09:07 AM
That's a lot of MPH for a stock V. What mods do you have?

Jim

willsctsv
06-23-05, 09:09 AM
I knew the V was plenty capable of a 12 second run. Thanks for proving me right.

urbanski
06-23-05, 09:13 AM

Jim.

Katech shifter, Katech camshaft, Katech headers....sorry so much Katech...works for me....Corsa exhaust, no cats, Lingenfilter Cold air, FAST intake, 90 MM throttle body, 160 degree thermostat, GTO flywheel and clutch....stock wheels and tires...today only. Nitto drags tomorrow. Wish us luck....wanna' get high 12's????????

V-seriesTech
06-23-05, 10:01 AM

Jim

Not exactly stock brother....matter of fact, it's a very nicely done V series.:sneaky:

turbojimmy
06-23-05, 10:01 AM

Thanks for that.

Dooman
06-23-05, 10:10 AM
There's a posting of 12.99 Stock for the Srt8 over there...

turbojimmy
06-23-05, 10:17 AM
There's a posting of 12.99 Stock for the Srt8 over there...

Realistically, all it takes is a 105-106 MPH trap to run a 12-second pass. From a power perspective, the V is perfectly capable of a 12-second timeslip in stock form. You just have a lot of traction to do it - traction that would likely break a CTS-V rear. Perhaps the SRT-8 doesn't have that problem?

Jim

Dooman
06-23-05, 11:01 AM
It just seems like a lot of $$ and work on this car to get there?

dannystang
06-23-05, 11:41 AM
Flyboy don't you live here in Miami?

I am confused.

V-seriesTech
06-23-05, 11:52 AM
Flyboy don't you live here in Miami?

I am confused.

No, he doesn't. He just visited the dealership(here) not too long ago on buisness.

....and your easily confused. Remember that time you told me about the chick,...that turned out to be a man,..and you, well nevermind:sneaky:

CaddyGeek
06-23-05, 12:39 PM
Flyboy,

Do you have a dyno sheet with your mods? Has the car been tuned to optimize the mods?

dannystang
06-23-05, 01:22 PM
No, he doesn't. He just visited the dealership(here) not too long ago on buisness.

....and your easily confused. Remember that time you told me about the chick,...that turned out to be a man,..and you, well nevermind:sneaky:

The chick was a man?

I'm confused you said it was the best sex you ever had?

drmustang
06-23-05, 01:22 PM
Cam, headers, TB, CAI, Nittos, gets a 12.84. How could a car mag. have gotten 13.1 in stock form, on rollers?

LV_V
06-23-05, 02:09 PM
The chick was a man?

I'm confused you said it was the best sex you ever had?

You two crack me up almost everyday :histeric:

AmesCTS-V
06-23-05, 02:14 PM
I really didn't need this post, my V is going to be a daily driver and I'm not going to do performance mods, well maybe a few:)

V-seriesTech
06-23-05, 02:15 PM
...and see, there you go again with that confusion stuff.

On a heterosexual note,...where's the women at tiny tim? I'm getting ready to sabotage your car, heffer.

V-seriesTech
06-23-05, 02:16 PM
You two crack me up almost everyday :histeric:

lol....:D

Flyboy
06-23-05, 03:51 PM
:histeric: Okay...here's the deal.....V-SeriesTech and dannystang together in a video for us all to watch!!!! Just kiddin.......????

Flyboy is from Michigan and VERY STRAIGHT (unlike those Southern Flordia Boys)!!

But anyway, still waiting for a friend to scan and e-mail me the slip and then I'll post it. Did four runs....the "second best" was 12.9 @ 109. Frankly, I am concerned about the diff (knock on wood, so far so good)......I did a little burn-out in the water...a line-lock would be great. But......when I launched between 2000 and 2500 RPM, easing the clutch out and bring in the throttle......honest!!!!! NO WHEEL HOP and NO WHEEL SPIN....just a good Hook-up that really felt great. Shifted just shy of redline and not even a chirp, just a solid hook and hard, hard pull. There will be future mods to get low, low 12's. Katech:thumbsup: is a great vendor. Honest and knowledgeable about these things. (They do all my work, except oil changes....which I do myself).

dannystang
06-23-05, 04:04 PM
Flyboy aren't you putting on a blower?

Nice times!

What was RWHP with the Kateck stuff?

Jamie I have 2 different women for you to meet this weekend. I feel guilty about the 1st one.

One doesn't speak english, I figured you can't screw that one up since she wont understand you.

Flyboy
06-23-05, 04:54 PM
This is the graph from Katech (before the FAST intake and 90 MM Throttle body.)

We'll do another dyno run soon... and yes.. Maggie is on the way to Katech as we speak.

http://www.katechengines.com/street_performance/images/links/CTS-V%20Testing-Cam%20and%20Headers.pdf

V-seriesTech
06-23-05, 05:00 PM
Flyboy aren't you putting on a blower?

Nice times!

What was RWHP with the Kateck stuff?

Jamie I have 2 different women for you to meet this weekend. I feel guilty about the 1st one.

One doesn't speak english, I figured you can't screw that one up since she wont understand you.

Thats perfect then...all I will hear her saying is "aye...aye....aye....aye....ayyyyeeeeeeeee"....then followed by "mi amor"....

Thats cool. You have my number:devil:

Flyboy
06-23-05, 08:47 PM
Okay Guys......don't have the slip yet.....the guy is having some kind of a problem with his scanner......just watched the video my son taped last night at the Dragway and it came out GOOD. He caught the launch and you could hear all the shifts quite loud with the Corsa....and no wheel hop. Anyway, I have to fly all weekend, sux to be me..... and my son is gonna' try and figure out a way to load just the "good" V run onto the computer and make a short video clip. Once I get both those things organized......I'll make a new thread. Probably won't be 'til Monday or Tuesday. (Believe me.....the run took place......just need to get it all posted for the world to see)

CaddyGeek
06-23-05, 09:01 PM
Looking at the dyno graph and adding a liberal amount for the yet undynoed(?) mods there seems to be more than a handfull of guys on the forum making this much power... and yet no one else has broken ito the 12's.

Could the Nittos be making that much difference? Considering tracks vary, launches vary, weather, etc. was this just a perfect launch on a perfect day? Thoughts?

Flyboy
06-23-05, 09:48 PM
That's possible. The previous day a Katech technician drove the same car with the original tires and his best time was 13.078 @ 106.70 with a 2.03 60 ft time. (The weather was hot and humid). I don't own any stock in Nitto (this is my first experience with the tire), but I REALLY believe the tires made a HUGE difference. (Ran the strip with 20 PSI and it seemed to work well). The weather last night was fairly cool and the air dry. (I think this also helped.) So....a perfect launch on a perfect day? Very Possible. I'm gonna' try Grand Bend Motorplex in Canada soon (on a nice cool day by Lake Huron) and see how things go as soon as I'm able.

willsctsv
06-23-05, 10:39 PM
I'm close to Englistown NJ. I don't know what that track is above sea level, but it seems to be fast. That will be my track in a week or 2.

Keep in mind only a handful of V owners on the forum have run the 1/4 with this car. Many have had rain outs, or too much wheel hop etc. Some have even run on tracks that are so high up the power loss is ridiculous.

The car has the ability, no doubt. People need more track time and practice with tire pressures and launches. It's not as easy as the guys with the SRT8's that can just mash the throttle at the first sight of green and hold it down untill you pass the 1/4.

Releasing the clutch and throttle in perfect harmony is the answer to some incredible times. Patience!

12's are coming, Goodyear GSD3's and no cam!

Stay tuned!

Big Bad V
06-24-05, 12:51 AM
I know that dyno run you didn't have all the mods but seems just a little low. I just got my car dyno tuned at 358 hp. I have a full BB exhaust(headers w/ high flow cats, x pipe cat back) and More Performance CAI. The car was tuned by The Vette Doctors in Amityville, NY. My torque was lower at 342 I think, I'll get the dyno sheet they gave me and scan it.

The other night after going to a cruise night I did street races with my buddy s mustang. He's got one of the nicest 86 stangs you'll ever see. His car ran a best of 12.6 at the track, I don't remember his trap I think 109mph. All the starts were from a 30-35mph roll. I was right with him everytime, even pulled ahead a couple of times. Neither one of us ever had more than a half a car length lead maybe 3/4 tops.

If I can get a good launch I should be in the high 12 s. Will if you do go to Etown let me know, me and my buddy will come with.

Craig

Big Bad V
06-24-05, 01:34 AM
I scaned my dyno sheet but can't upload it. It says it is too big of a file, 792K needs to be 119K. I'm not sure how to do this someone want to help? I can e mail it to someone. Thanks

Craig

turbojimmy
06-24-05, 07:28 AM
I'm close to Englistown NJ. I don't know what that track is above sea level, but it seems to be fast. That will be my track in a week or 2.

E-town is only 86 ft. above sea level. I race at Island Dragway - it's quite a bit farther north but it's a lot less crowded.

Jim

V-seriesTech
06-24-05, 08:59 AM
That's possible. The previous day a Katech technician drove the same car with the original tires and his best time was 13.078 @ 106.70 with a 2.03 60 ft time. (The weather was hot and humid). I don't own any stock in Nitto (this is my first experience with the tire), but I REALLY believe the tires made a HUGE difference. (Ran the strip with 20 PSI and it seemed to work well). The weather last night was fairly cool and the air dry. (I think this also helped.) So....a perfect launch on a perfect day? Very Possible. I'm gonna' try Grand Bend Motorplex in Canada soon (on a nice cool day by Lake Huron) and see how things go as soon as I'm able.

....maybe try dropping the pressure a little more. 20 isn't bad but,....16psi would be better(I run less:yup: )