: Kenne Bell Blower for the V

dannystang
06-22-05, 10:39 PM
Well just got this back from Kenne Bell.

At this time we do not forsee a system being available for your application.

Thanks for your inquiry.
Kenne Bell Tech
10743 Bell CT.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
909-941-6646 Orders
909-944-4883 Tech
http://kennebell.net/index.htm (http://kennebell.net/index.htm) Web site
kennebell@kennebell.net (kennebell@kennebell.net) Email

Worth a try...

They make one for the Z06...!

Maggie here I come.

2005V
06-22-05, 10:51 PM
Maggie here I come.

You won't regret it!

akm2k5
06-22-05, 10:57 PM
any updates on turbo kits for the V?

dannystang
06-22-05, 11:17 PM
Can't find one...

I was willing but I don't want a home-depot system...

Least Maggie is known to be reliable.

ftlfirefighter
06-23-05, 01:18 AM
Lingenfelter is looking to do one on the V, cost will be 45k including a complete motor build and install. HP will be over 600

Florian
06-23-05, 10:16 AM
Mallett has done em...

F

V-seriesTech
06-23-05, 11:35 AM
Lingenfelter is looking to do one on the V, cost will be 45k including a complete motor build and install. HP will be over 600

I understand the time/effort it goes into building something like this,...makeing it as friendly as possable but,.....45grand...wow. I wish I was born rich. My hats off to anyone that can have this done.

Drift-caddy
06-23-05, 12:19 PM
dannystang, call me or email me if you want a turbo for your V or a supercharger, plus some drifting lessons. :want: hahah. done 2 maggies this week and 1 heads cam. but a turbo. mmmm done a few on Fbodys and 3 gtos. anyways lets talk maybe able to make you a deal of all deals

DamianHarney@moorecadillac.com

V-seriesTech
06-23-05, 12:35 PM
dannystang, call me or email me if you want a turbo for your V or a supercharger, plus some drifting lessons. :want: hahah. done 2 maggies this week and 1 heads cam. but a turbo. mmmm done a few on Fbodys and 3 gtos. anyways lets talk maybe able to make you a deal of all deals

DamianHarney@moorecadillac.com

Two maggies this week and heads and cam?...wow dude,...you must be fast, considering heads and cam is over 20 hours, the magnacharger by itself is roughly 15 hours....each...

thebigjimsho
06-23-05, 12:44 PM
20 hours for heads and cams? I was going to attempt an install myself but if it's that involved, ugh!

BTW, I'm currently looking for the right heads and cams. I've got ideas of what I'd like but input can't hurt. Any thoughts?

Florian
06-23-05, 12:46 PM
20 hours for h/c? nahhh. maybe a good 10, but 20???? :cookoo: Ive done 3 so far myself (with a good set of tools and all available goodies from a local shop) and its a long day.

anyway....hope you get a good set up

F

akm2k5
06-23-05, 01:43 PM
45k grand to get a Lingenfelter turbo? yeah right.. No thank you.

V-seriesTech
06-23-05, 02:12 PM
20 hours for h/c? nahhh. maybe a good 10, but 20???? :cookoo: Ive done 3 so far myself (with a good set of tools and all available goodies from a local shop) and its a long day.

anyway....hope you get a good set up

F

Ok Florian...let me tell you what WARRANTY TIME PAYS for replaceing the camshaft....15.1 hours. Yes, camshaft only. To replace camshaft bearings, add 2.0 hours...

for the left bank cylinder head ....6.3 hours.....for the right bank 5.7 hours...

......again thats warranty time. Basic math will tell you thats over twenty hours.

Anymore speculation what install times are? Not that I do this for a living or anything....

What kind of head and cam installs have you done florian? Just curious:suspect:

Florian
06-23-05, 05:00 PM
Easssssyyyyyy big boy. I used to be a partner is a shop. Our techs could turn AFR or MTI head/cam packages in 10 hrs. Im not a wrench, and I do not play one on TV, I just know what we would put into time wise. What GM pays for warranty time at a dealership vs. what we put into em in an indy shop Im sure are two different beasts. Im not knocking your times, its just that at our shop in Detroit time was money....the more we could do, the more we made. So, with that said, if it takes you 20 fine, I dont give a hoot, it took us 10 and we did it for a living as well. :bouncy:

F

Florian
06-23-05, 05:09 PM
I should mention the 3 I did were under the tutelage of our ASE master tech, he did the work, I watched and helped. So I guess 0 is my total. FWIW.

F

V-seriesTech
06-23-05, 05:36 PM
Easssssyyyyyy big boy. I used to be a partner is a shop. Our techs could turn AFR or MTI head/cam packages in 10 hrs. Im not a wrench, and I do not play one on TV, I just know what we would put into time wise. What GM pays for warranty time at a dealership vs. what we put into em in an indy shop Im sure are two different beasts. Im not knocking your times, its just that at our shop in Detroit time was money....the more we could do, the more we made. So, with that said, if it takes you 20 fine, I dont give a hoot, it took us 10 and we did it for a living as well. :bouncy:

F

Understandable,...but dealerships work a certain way. For example, warranty time, is the worst time for a mechanic/technician, simply cause it pays the worst. To get the times that I posted, I went into my service guide, looked up what general motors STRONGLY belives what it would take to complete the job on a 2005 Cadillac CTS-V. 20 some odd hours is what they know it will take. Can you beat the clock, on some cases, yes but, not all the time. Again, warranty time flat out sucks, you can ask ANY technician across the USA.

I understand it sounds like alot of time but,...it is what it is brother....
Heads and cam IS extensive work, on any car. No it isn't rocket science but, you can't just SLAP it together and cross your fingers. Would you want someone rushing to complete a job, risking poor quality, or would you rather have someone, not really take their time but, take all the proper steps to ensure the job was done right,...no leaks, no comebacks. I pride myself on doing good work my man,...cause without that,...I ain't shit.

Sorry to come off like a ding A ling,...not my intention.

Drift-caddy
06-23-05, 05:44 PM
if it take 10 hours or 30 hours the only thing that counts is if it is done right. nothing else matters.

V-seriesTech
06-23-05, 05:44 PM
if it take 10 hours or 30 hours the only thing that counts is if it is done right. nothing else matters.

amen.:D

Florian
06-23-05, 05:46 PM
Jamie,

Thats very honorable...and Im proud to see that you have that attitude towards work. :yup: I agree that your results speak volumes, and warrantying shoddy work ends up costing dollars and valuable time. Bravo to you...I didnt mean to be a dick. :o Beers on my tab!

Florian

V-seriesTech
06-23-05, 05:49 PM
Jamie,

Thats very honorable...and Im proud to see that you have that attitude towards work. :yup: I agree that your results speak volumes, and warrantying shoddy work ends up costing dollars and valuable time. Bravo to you...I didnt mean to be a dick. :o Beers on my tab!

Florian

awesome brother. and no, the beer is on me.:)

peace out.
Jamie

dannystang
06-23-05, 06:55 PM
Well as long as we are giving away FREE Beer!

2004ctsv
06-23-05, 07:27 PM
For the Cleveland crew- did Mallet say that his twin turbo set up made 1200hp?I think you would need more than twin hair driers on steroids.

As I write this, I have trouble believing it myself. Maybe I heard wrong. But, if that's not the case, I can understand costs approaching $50K

Tony

V-seriesTech
06-23-05, 07:57 PM
Well as long as we are giving away FREE Beer!

Danny,....I thought you drink wine coolers? :hmm:

V-seriesTech
06-23-05, 08:06 PM
For the Cleveland crew- did Mallet say that his twin turbo set up made 1200hp?I think you would need more than twin hair driers on steroids.

As I write this, I have trouble believing it myself. Maybe I heard wrong. But, if that's not the case, I can understand costs approaching $50K

Tony

Yo...maybe I shouldn't comment on the mallet setup(since I haven't read about it) but,..I don't see why a BUILT LS6 or something with the same architecture with forced induction couldn't make that power, and be somewhat reliable. Typically a turbo charged car would probably make 700 to 800 rear wheel, reliably, then simply turn up the boost for "spirited driving"...

Personally, I think 600 to 700 is the perfect "street car" set up. Thats pretty much what you need nowadays to beat MOSTLY any car you run across on the street...

Florian
06-23-05, 08:31 PM
1200 HP twin turbo XLR.....fooking sweet. (and expensive, 50K motor alone)

F

V-seriesTech
06-23-05, 08:45 PM
1200 HP twin turbo XLR.....fooking sweet. (and expensive, 50K motor alone)

F

XLR?......are you serious? Now that, is badass. Chuck Mallet seems like a pretty cool dude,...with probably one of the coolest jobs in the world,....makeing a car wicked fast, with no limits. Solstice, with a V8, 700plus CTS-V, 800 plus C5's....now XLR's. What a cool job.

Florian
06-23-05, 09:17 PM
Indeed, I expected him to be a douche, but he gave us 2 hours of his time and he turned out to be the kinda guy youd have a beer with (for Dannystang, a wine spritzer) but a really down to earth, nice guy! with a kick ass job.

F

2004ctsv
06-23-05, 09:40 PM
One of the things he told us is that he has repeat customers who don't even ask the cost.

Some people havin' all that money and I can't match even two numbers on the PowerBall. Maybe F will buy me a short beer.

Tony

Florian
06-23-05, 09:45 PM
Tony,

Ill buy you a 6 of Iron, Yuengling or Lionhead....you pick.

F

V-seriesTech
06-24-05, 08:56 AM
Indeed, I expected him to be a douche, but he gave us 2 hours of his time and he turned out to be the kinda guy youd have a beer with (for Dannystang, a wine spritzer) but a really down to earth, nice guy! with a kick ass job.

F

I remember when I used to live in Vero Beach,...I would see this black C5(back in 97 or 98)...lowered, custom sheels, looked like FIKSE's, maybe they were, ....got up close one day, realized it was a MALLET car, carbon fiber cans(mufflers) in the rear,....car looked sick. Since then, i've followed all his C5 projects, as well as names like Lingenfelter, DRM(doug rippie motorsports), etc etc,....recently talked on the phone with mallet about his mini tub kit that he has on his V. Your right, very cool dude,..willing to take the time and talk to you.

dannystang
06-24-05, 10:33 AM
Mmmmm... Wine Spritzer....

V-seriesTech
06-24-05, 10:42 AM
Mmmmm... Wine Spritzer....

thats cute. goodmorning little fairy.

Hey, hot chick came here yesterday,...very cute. Got her number. she called me lastnight....it's on. :p

Florian
06-24-05, 10:42 AM
Danny,

Very Simpsonesque.......too damn funny :D

F

dannystang
06-24-05, 10:46 AM
Oh cool...You wanna go party?

I'm still hung-over from my drinking rampage last night...

Tonight would be a good opportunity to do some more liver damage...

It just makes it stronger...

Definately not getting much work done today...

Florian
06-24-05, 10:51 AM
Danny is the Caddy board Nietzche. "That booze which doesnt kill me, only makes my already addled liver stronger!!!!"

Very profound!

Happy humping!!!

Florian

dannystang
06-24-05, 11:02 AM
Lol

Wait whats a Neitzche?

Florian
06-24-05, 11:16 AM
German philosopher.....

F

V-seriesTech
06-24-05, 11:43 AM
Oh cool...You wanna go party?

I'm still hung-over from my drinking rampage last night...

Tonight would be a good opportunity to do some more liver damage...

It just makes it stronger...

Definately not getting much work done today...

Tell me about it. Ahh,..I might do on my buddies boat in the morning, early, so I don't know.

I could go for a crown and ginger right about now though...

....as far as work,...my head is going to pop. I have too much work going on,...really stressful. Deadlines to meet,...trying to buy a car,...stress man. Maybe I will go out for a drink afterall....

give me a shout.