: Born a Caddy guy

DeLorean_Northstar
11-03-03, 12:56 AM
Hi my name is Tony, Im 19 and I am a huge cadillac fan. cadillacs have always been in my family and to make things interesting I was actually born in my dads BRAND NEW 1984 Cadillac Seville (trashed the white leather though:histeric: )! so you can say cadillacs are in my blood. since I got my license I have owned and sold quite a few cars some of which were some nice cadillacs, such as a '90 Eldorado etc, '90 sedan Deville, 1970 Fleetwood 75 series limo, '76 eldorado convertible, '84 eldorado convertible (for sale), and my current daily driver '97 deville d'elegance. The first car I ever got though was my exotic dream car, a 1981 DMC DeLorean (huge 80's fan too) which I am currently in the process of droping a 300Hp Northstar into (out of a 2001 Eldorado etc). I know im going to need some advice throughout the DeLorean Northstar swap so I hope I've come to the right place. I hope to learn some valuable advice from you all :bouncy:
Thanks
Tony

the Sandman
11-03-03, 01:02 AM
Hey Tony - Welcome to the CadillacForums! Wow - a Northstar in a DeLorean...is this something that has been done before or are you the first? It sounds wild! Yeah, I'd say you've come to the right place. A real Caddy guy...

Thanks for registering. Keep us up to speed on your progress...and pictures please... :D

BUILDINGCTSAMG
11-03-03, 01:32 AM
Wow i wanna see pics for sure! Where you located?

elwesso
11-03-03, 06:10 PM
Welcome..... Thanks for signing up.....

Oooh.... N* in a delorean... That thing will be SCREAMIN when you get done.... :burn:

Stoneage_Caddy
11-05-03, 09:24 AM
for once a delorean will live up to its promising looks . should be able to reach 88mph no problem , a quality very cruical to time travel according to doctor emmit brown, welcome

dont you just get tired of all the bad back 2 future jokes ?

DeLorean_Northstar
11-27-03, 02:55 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
the DeLorean is coming near completion going on 1 year since I started. to my knowledge there is a company that put a Northstar in a DeLorean, and they tried to market the conversion for a price tag of $20,000. Thats more than I paid for the damn car! other than that I will be the only other person with a Northstar powered DeLorean. once its done ill post pictures, but untill then you can check out the progress i've made so far on my webpage http://www.geocities.com/dmc_delorean_2000/Project.html

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

dont you just get tired of all the bad back 2 future jokes ?
They never end!

elwesso
11-27-03, 11:24 AM
I looked at your website, and thats very impressive......

Id be interested how your gonna get the porsche tranny to fit......

Keep us updated!!!!

Matt427
12-02-03, 12:41 PM
That's a pretty cool transplant. I've seen a 4th gen Camaro with a northstar, but I've never seen one put in a mid-engine platform. Have you had to do a lot of fabrication so far?

BeelzeBob
12-02-03, 12:58 PM
Hey Tony! Welcome aboard. And thanks for signing up! How have you had so many cars at such a young age?! You're lucky! A soon-to-be Northstar power DeLorean?! A '97 DeVille? You've got it made! Your luxury car and your sports car.. Very cool..

Otherwise.. Don't forget to:

1. Add your Eldorado to our Free Auction center
2. Post some pictures of your cars in our image section
3. visit www.80sxchange.com (http://www.80sxchange.com/) :p My 80s website...

back
12-02-03, 02:33 PM
Dude, welcome. all of those caddys and no old hearses or ambulances? lol check ebay, i think they have a few up for auction now.
im gone.

ele_tee
01-06-04, 01:05 PM
i need som help i got a problem with an 84 sedan deville while warming up it just shuts down after 30 secs. the funny thing was that the inside of the car filled up with smoke but not that burning of paper smell something else im thinking its electrical what do you think :confused:

Fritzi
01-06-04, 01:44 PM
welcome:welcome: