: Ok now.. another question.. who has the Corsa exhaust and replaced

kimcheejeegae
06-22-05, 12:11 AM
the h-pipe with an X-pipe.. or is that not even needed?

V-seriesTech
06-22-05, 08:07 AM
the h-pipe with an X-pipe.. or is that not even needed?

I don't know of anyone that has done this. My question is why hasn't anyone with a corsa removed the REAR CANS(mufflers) and simply left the two resonators/h-pipe setup.... Like a race C5 setup?...

:sneaky:

lasstss
06-22-05, 09:37 AM
I don't know of anyone that has done this. My question is why hasn't anyone with a corsa removed the REAR CANS(mufflers) and simply left the two resonators/h-pipe setup.... Like a race C5 setup?...

:sneaky:

Because the people with a Corsa bought the system so they didnt have to listen to a loud exhaust. They have the B&B for that! :D

trukk
06-22-05, 10:08 AM
Jin,

That was one of the first things I thought of when I crawled under to tighten it up after the first few heat cycles. Please be our guniea pig...err volunteer.

I don't know about removing the cans, that is the section that has the sound cancelling pattented blah blah baffles. Might sound like ass. Again, park her outside, and remove the back section :D

Please report back!

-Chris

V-seriesTech
06-22-05, 11:45 AM
Because the people with a Corsa bought the system so they didnt have to listen to a loud exhaust. They have the B&B for that! :D

Noway dude, I see them both on a daily bassis,...corsa is the loudest exhuast I have heard to date on a v. The B&B is simply deeper. Looks better also.

VELOSE
06-22-05, 12:09 PM
Very soon, you guys will hear a custom Magnaflow setup. http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif

BowenCT
06-22-05, 12:12 PM
Very soon, you guys will hear a custom Magnaflow setup. http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif

Thought you were waiting on a Borla system!? I too am waiting for the Magnaflow to be released..........last I was told was late July.......

trukk
06-22-05, 12:16 PM
I was just under there tightening everything up, after RT Cats install the other day, and took a look. 2 Options for this I guess:

1) Pull out resonator completely, and replace with an X Pipe. The resonator piece is about 30 - 36 inches long, and includes the H connection just behind the resonator. This is easiest, and could easily revert back to original corsa stock. Pulling the resonator would add abunch of noise, and well, resonance I would bet.

2) Just after the resonator the pipes bend up and aout about 15% each way, then go straight back about 40 ish inches. You could cut out a portion of straight section out and replace with the X pipe connection. Issue with this is the H pipe is still in front of it. Wouldn't seem to be a great benefit to have both, and would be a pain to close up the H connection (but what the hell do I know). You's get to keep the resonator on, but I'm not sure if this would add any flow value to the kit. It would also be a big pain in the ass.

I think Martin should give option 1 a try, and report back :D

-Chris

VELOSE
06-22-05, 12:19 PM
Thought you were waiting on a Borla system!? I too am waiting for the Magnaflow to be released..........last I was told was late July.......

I was but, the muffler shop is just as clueless as me on when the Borla exhaust will show up. Therefore, since the shop I go to does custom exhausts for other street rods and magazine covered cars, I'm going with his recommendation to have a unique exhaust no one has yet. ;)

BowenCT
06-22-05, 12:28 PM
I was but, the muffler shop is just as clueless as me on when the Borla exhaust will show up. Therefore, since the shop I go to does custom exhausts for other street rods and magazine covered cars, I'm going with his recommendation to have a unique exhaust no one has yet. ;)

Cool Man, keep us posted as things progress......

VELOSE
06-22-05, 12:37 PM
Cool Man, keep us posted as things progress......

Like they say, "Fo Sho". :D

kimcheejeegae
06-22-05, 12:59 PM
Like they say, "Fo Sho". :D

you mean.... =))

http://www.yizzle.com/images/pho.jpg

V-seriesTech
06-22-05, 01:30 PM

Nice, magnaflow makes a nice bullet muffler. Not sure what there V set up will look like but, i've seen custom duals on F-bodies with magnaflow bullets.

A custom BORLA system I think would be really nice.

BowenCT
06-22-05, 03:26 PM
A custom BORLA system I think would be really nice.

I've always been a fan of Borla, but they don't receive very much praise around these parts..........??