: hey guys.. new girl on board :)

cadillacallidac
11-02-03, 08:57 PM
hey.. well i love cadillacs and i have for a looooong time.. i dont have one right now.. but i am making payments on a 76 eldorado.. cant wait til i have it.. any ways, 17/f/spokane.. so whats up??

Brett
11-02-03, 09:01 PM
Welcome to the Forum

MMNineInchNails
11-02-03, 09:01 PM
Welcome. Glad to have an older cadillac aboard.

the Sandman
11-02-03, 09:02 PM
Hey cadillacallidac - Welcome to the CadillacForums. A '76 Eldorado - sounds great...when do you get it? What color and mileage? You have uncommonly good taste...you've come to the right place!

Thanks for registering!

AKPsiMC03
11-02-03, 09:36 PM
welcome... watch out for the leg-humpers and us young guys :bonkers:

cadillacallidac
11-03-03, 12:02 AM
thanks for the welcome.. well about my car.. its red.. new paint job, but not really a good one.. its peeling.. and as for the mileage.. ???.. sounds bad i know.. but its just that i saw it and fell in love.. so i had to have it.. onyl bad thing is that.. i have to pay it off fore i get it.. :( i need it NOW though.. its taking forever to pay off cuz of my crappy job.. should have it by mid december.. funny thing is that its only $1000.. kinda sad huh?? alright gotta go for now.. talk at ya all later.. :)

Ralph
11-03-03, 12:26 AM
Welcome, now we have 3 Caddy chicks on Forum. :bouncy: I saw a kid at the pumps the other day, and I talked to him. He had a white 1974 Eldo, with the 500 cubic in. engine. Very impressive. I don't know too much about the older ones, but I am having more and more appreciation for them everyday. I hope finding parts isn't a problem. I bet your interior color is white?

cadillacallidac
11-03-03, 12:34 AM
actually the interior is light blue.. the exterior is normally blue too.. so it did match at one point.. the engines a 500.. which is cool.. but its SLOWER than slow.. but yeah.. i really like the old caddys.. they are nice.. well some of them are.. lol.. i just dont have enough money for escalades and all that.. :(

Ralph
11-03-03, 12:38 AM
Maybe your cat converter is still on the exhaust (plugged up or ?) and thats why it's slow? Does anyone know the hp rating on this beast?

cadillacallidac
11-03-03, 12:42 AM
im sorry.. i dont know much about my car right now.. just cuz its not around for me to wanna fix it up and stuff.. i know about mustangs :)

JJhomer83
11-03-03, 08:30 AM
im sorry.. i dont know much about my car right now.. just cuz its not around for me to wanna fix it up and stuff.. i know about mustangs :)

Welcome cadillaccadillac
Are you in washington. For the older caddies i was watching a show where they started taking off panels of the car for 1/4 mile time and it shaved off 5 secs once they were done. i'll have to find it in article form and post it. They started with a 500cid boat that was 17+ secs and started taking off the hood, trunk, fender,s seats etc... it was great.

lux hauler
11-03-03, 09:01 AM
cadillacallidac.....Welcome to the board!!

Maybe your cat converter is still on the exhaust (plugged up or ?) and thats why it's slow? Does anyone know the hp rating on this beast?
190hp just isn't enough to get a 5000#+ car rolling quickly.
Here's a little info on the '76 Eldo.
http://100megsfree4.com/cadillac/cad1970/cad76e.htm

DeVillish
11-03-03, 12:02 PM
wow your 17 and a girl, i think your the youngest one here. iam almost 19, and theres another guy thats 18. If anyone is younger they havnt said so. But thats great. Your lucky, i wish i could get my hands on an older caddy. I almost got a 61 Deville, but it got sold. Good luck with the Eldo!

JJhomer83
11-03-03, 12:26 PM
wow your 17 and a girl, i think your the youngest one here. iam almost 19, and theres another guy thats 18. If anyone is younger they havnt said so. But thats great. Your lucky, i wish i could get my hands on an older caddy. I almost got a 61 Deville, but it got sold. Good luck with the Eldo!

Davesmed is probably the youngest at 16

elwesso
11-03-03, 04:59 PM
Welcome aboard..... Thanks for signing up....

Im up there as the youngest.... 17!

Man, its golden to see fellow teens getting into cadillacs as their first car.... I thought I was the only teenager one that liked luxuary cars....... Guess I was wrong...... Plus, a GIRL..... Most girls (i know anyway) want to get eclipses, mustang convertables, or sebring convertibles ( :vonmit: ).......

MMNineInchNails
11-03-03, 06:19 PM
I'm 16, but Dave is a few months younger than me. I think he just turned 16 in august, my bday is in april.

davesdeville
11-03-03, 06:39 PM
So we have 2 Daves here and we're both 16, and I think we both registered in August. Davesmed is like half a year older than I am though.

So anyway, welcome to the forums cadillacallidac.

dave383
11-03-03, 06:48 PM
Welcome aboard from a fellow 1976 cadillac owner. your eldog is sweet i love the body styles of the 71-78 eldogs almost bought a 75 but the guy was asking to much, maybe he'll lower it one day, but tell then i'll stick with my 76 coupe deville. if your car running rough give it a tune up, change the air and fuel fitler and adjust the timing for speed and not for smog and you'll have plenty of power.

ShadowLvr400
11-03-03, 07:13 PM
Nice to see a young woman with an old Caddy. Better take care of it though girl. :)

BUILDINGCTSAMG
11-03-03, 07:52 PM
Welcome aboard!
Post some pictures of you, our motto is the less clothes the better, and your car (when you get her)
im 19 btw

elwesso
11-03-03, 09:55 PM
Oh yeah..... The car....... :halo:

ShadowLvr400
11-04-03, 08:59 AM
Guys... Down for now, she's 17, so a bit illegal. Keep it civil and decent, least till she's 18. Anyways, we don't want her thinking that Caddy owners are dirty old men. (Plus, I want to see her Eldo. 76 with a big 500 in it *drool*)

cadillacallidac
11-04-03, 12:53 PM
hey guys.. sorry it took so long to respond.. been kinda busy.. :).. but anyways.. yeah.. to the guy (ELWESSO) that said girls usually want eclipses or mustangs.. lol.. those are exactly some of the cars i wanted.. especially the mustang.. i love mustangs.. lol.. but i REALLY REALLY love cadillacs.. i never thought id be getting one any time soon.. but i guess i was really lucky to get this one.. the guy that owns the lot is soo nice.. hes really old, so i bet thats why.. the day we went and saw the car, and put down a lousy $150 down payment, he got like 3 offers on it.. one guy wanted to give him $1500 right then (its only 1k), and im not sure about the other doods.. but the guy said no to all of them, and i know that no other car lot person would do that.. and just before we went to this guy, there was another 76 eldo, red with black top thingy (mines white), and he was asking 1500 i think.. something around there.. but he was mean.. he wouldnt even let us take the car for a test drive.. and he was asking more.. and to LUXHAULER.. thanks for the site.. havent had the chance to look at it yet, but any help i can get is really great.. BUILDINGCTSAMG ill post my pic for ya.. and i do have a pic of my car.. we brought it home and took pics the day we took the test drive.. so ok.. ill do the pics on a new reply..

cadillacallidac
11-04-03, 12:54 PM
ok.. looks like my sig is working.. you guys see it??

JJhomer83
11-04-03, 01:07 PM
ok.. looks like my sig is working.. you guys see it??

I like it great sig. Now we have 3 caddy woman hotties

cadillacallidac
11-04-03, 01:14 PM
I like it great sig. Now we have 3 caddy woman hotties
thank you :).. ok now the pic of my car...
http://www.lowrider.com/entertainment/galleries/lrpics/gallery.php?pic_id=2493

Mad'lac
11-04-03, 01:14 PM
Air Hockey was already my fav game at the arcades and now I never seen a Air Hockey table look soo good.
Oh and welcome to our lil site :D

JJhomer83
11-04-03, 01:17 PM
That car looks great. You'll look great in that car. big car little woman. gotta love it.

cadillacallidac
11-04-03, 01:18 PM
yeah the thing is pretty big.. lol

1dvs-Deville
11-04-03, 01:24 PM
lol Shadow what you mean "Dirty ole' men" speak for yourself but i'm a dirty young man lol j/k but seriously i agree 17 will get ya what, like 20? heh I'm only 24 and I don't even remember being 17...

and congrats on the new sled darlin, i just got my deville a week ago.
:burn:Later, Dvs Deville

cadillacallidac
11-04-03, 01:54 PM
thank you :):):):)

cadillacallidac
11-04-03, 03:01 PM
do i need to take my pic out of my sig??

ShadowLvr400
11-04-03, 03:04 PM
It's not bothering my dial up much, though links might be a bit better because of the size of the pic.

Mad'lac
11-04-03, 03:36 PM
do i need to take my pic out of my sig??

Leave it on. It tends to bring life to the forums :D

JJhomer83
11-04-03, 03:42 PM
Leave it on. It tends to bring life to the forums :D

If you don't mind cropping the pic so its not sooo big. it will help everyone out

elwesso
11-04-03, 04:28 PM
Nice car..... Id drive it.....

Nice picture..... :D

cadillacallidac
11-04-03, 05:26 PM
ok.. ill crop it.. and then ill try and put it on here and you guys tell me if that helped.. i guess not evryone has cable.. :).. but cant do it right this sec.. kinda busy with a project..

davesdeville
11-04-03, 05:43 PM
:yup:

elwesso
11-04-03, 06:51 PM
I like it big!!!!! In fact, it needs to be BIGGER!!!!!

I got cable, so screw the rest of you!!!! :devil:

Mad'lac
11-04-03, 07:54 PM

I got cable, so screw the rest of you!!!! :devil:

:histeric: For once I agree 100% with you Wes. I didn't even know Dial-up still existed.:D

elwesso
11-04-03, 07:56 PM
Dialup?? Whats that??

Oh, that phone thing.... Yeah, now I think I remember......

BTW.... my post wasnt long enough for you to disagree on...... :D I sometimes think you go out of your way to disagree with me, just for the fun of it!!! :D I think its kinda funny..... And you can harass me any time about owning an infiniti......

Mad'lac
11-04-03, 08:10 PM
:D I sometimes think you go out of your way to disagree with me, just for the fun of it!!! :D I think its kinda funny..... And you can harass me any time about owning an infiniti......

Oh it's all in good fun Wes....besides......its more fun to pick on you about "your" Fleetwood :histeric: And as for harassing you for the Infiniti....that's been played out for a while now......go put one of them HUGE wings on it then we can start up again :D

elwesso
11-04-03, 08:12 PM
Dont give me any ideas now.... I added a NICO sticker, and it added at least 25hp.... No less......

And do you actually think id take anything you said like that SERIOUSLY!!!! Come now, Ive only "known" you for like 11 months......

Mad'lac
11-04-03, 08:15 PM
Dont give me any ideas now.... I added a NICO sticker, and it added at least 25hp.... No less......

And do you actually think id take anything you said like that SERIOUSLY!!!! Come now, Ive only "known" you for like 11 months......

Don't forget the fart muffler...thats another 50hp.

I hope you don't take anything I say seriously.......hell I don't take myself seriously either :bonkers:

Hell we are a dying bred here.....members of the first 20 folks here club.

elwesso
11-04-03, 08:20 PM
Thats true..... theres only a handful that post here regularly....... Whatever happend to Jadcock?? He was really smart....... I knew he stepped down as a mod but then he just sorta disappeared.......

Mad'lac
11-04-03, 08:22 PM
I really don't know....maybe he got rid of the caddy.

elwesso
11-04-03, 08:27 PM
Hey, I just realized we are thread hijackers!!!! Sorry cadillacallidac......

Ahh.... Remember the good ol days of starting out on topic and then just ending up out in the middle of nowhere!!!!! It was me, you, KC, and deadsled..... Man those were the times!!!!!

Mad'lac
11-04-03, 09:55 PM
Yeah.....The 4 Horsemen of CadillacForums

cadillacallidac
11-05-03, 12:24 AM
I got cable, so screw the rest of you!!!!

:histeric: For once I agree 100% with you Wes. I didn't even know Dial-up still existed.:D

lol.. you guys are funny.. but i feel bad for the ones who dont have cable.. so ill resize it for them since im nice.. :)

hey.. i was reading some of the latest posts in here and i thought that i was in the wrong thread.. ;)

and one more thing.. uh.. how do i resize my image.. because i tried to make it smaller, and then when i made it bigger, it just got all blurry.. HELP!!

1dvs-Deville
11-05-03, 12:56 PM
Someone say Hi-jack?? I want my Lawyer I had nothing to do with it, I SWEAR!, oops sorry flash back... Man I swear to god if you put one of those Shopping cart wings on your Q i'mma find you and saw it in half, I swear I will. :sneaky: And cadillacallidac Might as well leave it, I think we are all starting to take to it, plus after all, eye candy is eye candy.

:mad:Later, 1DVS Deville:mad:

cadillacallidac
11-05-03, 03:59 PM
lol.. ok ill leave it.. but if anybody seriously wants me to resize it, i will.. and uh, 1DVS Deville, what kinda flashback is that?? lol

davesdeville
11-05-03, 05:22 PM
If you want to mess with it you could take maybe 100 pixels off the top that's just wall.

Night Wolf
11-05-03, 06:11 PM
Going back to the first page, I think I am the youngest here, I am 16, bday is 7-1-87....

....Welcome to the club, hope you like it here, that car is really nice.... I am really liking the pic in the sig :D

cute girl + classic Caddy = http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_mouthwater.gif

davesdeville
11-05-03, 06:28 PM
Going back to the first page, I think I am the youngest here, I am 16, bday is 7-1-87....

Damn I was hoping you were but you're almost 2 months older than I am: 8-22-87

Mad'lac
11-05-03, 06:40 PM
The youngest here is the nephew of Sal's girlfriend.....I think he is now 13. So he got y'all beat.

lux hauler
11-05-03, 08:14 PM
lol.. you guys are funny.. but i feel bad for the ones who dont have cable.. so ill resize it for them since im nice.. :)

hey.. i was reading some of the latest posts in here and i thought that i was in the wrong thread.. ;)

and one more thing.. uh.. how do i resize my image.. because i tried to make it smaller, and then when i made it bigger, it just got all blurry.. HELP!!
Here's a smaller one for ya.....if you choose to change it.

elwesso
11-05-03, 08:19 PM
No...! NOT SMALLER!!! :D

Lux, did you make that your desktop???? :D

davesdeville
11-05-03, 08:43 PM
No...! NOT SMALLER!!! :D

Heh in the pic I think she's the same size, just less background and stuff.

cadillacallidac
11-06-03, 12:38 AM

....Welcome to the club, hope you like it here, that car is really nice.... I am really liking the pic in the sig :D

cute girl + classic Caddy = http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_mouthwater.gif

lol... he he.. thats funny.. but hey is my sig blurry for any of you guys? cuz the redone one is kinda blurry

lux hauler
11-06-03, 02:45 AM
I did reduce the size of the first one, that's the reason for the quality loss.
Here's another.....I didn't reduce this one, just trimmed the edges. :)

cadillacallidac
11-06-03, 03:57 AM
dangit.. ok.. now my sig is a link.. ok someone tell me EXACTLY how to do the pic thing, please...

Night Wolf
11-06-03, 02:20 PM
gotta add the IMG tags...

put:

"" in front and "" at the end of the link, but without the "

sig still looks good though :D

Blackout
11-06-03, 02:52 PM
So we have 2 Daves here and we're both 16, and I think we both registered in August. Davesmed is like half a year older than I am though.

So anyway, welcome to the forums cadillacallidac.Wow...my name is dave also and my b-day is in august...this is just pure craziness! Oh yeah by the way, welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay. And as one of us said watch out for the young one's asking for pic's. But you don't have to worry about that from me......Uncle david doesn't need to have to worry about jail time :D

Stoneage_Caddy
11-06-03, 03:36 PM
cadilla , good move on the pic , just letting you know it wasnt nothing personal , just trying to look out for the cute young-uns around here , dont want anything bad said about ya or any fights just based on a high temperature pic

cadillacallidac
11-06-03, 11:18 PM
i REALLY dont understand what you guys mean about the young ones.. and what kinda bad stuff are people gonna say about me? just kinda curious cuz you guys mustve had some kinda experience with something like that with someone else..

Stoneage_Caddy
11-07-03, 08:29 AM
well i have seen it a few times on other boards , people wouldnt talk to a person unless it was a insult due to there picture alone , doent happen here tho , there was a tiny scuff over a ruffled picture of a certian females rear end . but it wasnt too bad of a scuff ,

with your pic and you being under 18 i was thinking it coulda have been more of a issue , espiccly with 50% of our members posting and reading our board at work (yes were lazy basturds) and if a boss happens to come by at the wrong time (say gawking at your picture) and finds out your also underage it would be our arse big time . and if the bossman was really a dork he might just report a dude looking at that pic to the authorties that a guy that works for him is looking at pictures of underage females

that a beatter explaination ? like i say nothing personal , and it was just a freindly suggestion ....

1dvs-Deville
11-07-03, 12:51 PM
Stone, good points bro. By the way, what color is your Caddie, Mine looks to be the same exact color and I have no idea whats it' "given" name is. Oh and how is Tampa use to live in clearwater and I really miss the area.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-07-03, 05:35 PM
you know im not sure either , its a similar to infinti's sandstone beige metallic but ill have to check and see what exactly its name is

about tampa , i dunno if i like it so well this time of the year to many old people and people in general , between that and the crooked arse cops (im not kidding here ) tampa is a PITA

cadillacallidac
11-08-03, 03:31 AM
ok.. well i kinda understand.. but its not like im naked in the pic.. so its kinda dumb.. but oh well.. ill leave it how it is.. it kinda got that way on accident.. oh well..

Stealth
11-08-03, 11:10 AM
Welcome aboard..... Thanks for signing up....

Im up there as the youngest.... 17!

Man, its golden to see fellow teens getting into cadillacs as their first car.... I thought I was the only teenager one that liked luxuary cars....... Guess I was wrong...... Plus, a GIRL..... Most girls (i know anyway) want to get eclipses, mustang convertables, or sebring convertibles ( :vonmit: ).......

until they ride an Allanté !!!!!!!!!!!

Stealth
11-08-03, 11:20 AM
ok.. well i kinda understand.. but its not like im naked in the pic.. so its kinda dumb.. but oh well.. ill leave it how it is.. it kinda got that way on accident.. oh well..

cadillacallidac,

:canttalk: ..... :banghead: ..... :shhh: ..... :spin: ..... :devil:

well i have seen it a few times on other boards , people wouldnt talk to a person unless it was a insult due to there picture alone , doent happen here tho , there was a tiny scuff over a ruffled picture of a certian females rear end . but it wasnt too bad of a scuff ,

maybe is something that comes with age, but this is a public forum and one would think that if one does not want :halo: reviews, :rolleyes: comments, :annoyed: critics, :worship: praise, then one does not show pictures ...

to display personal pics, :banghead: bones & T&A, car pictures, to brag about whatever, IS an invitation to jump in and "discuss" ... :canttalk:

= = = = =

cadillacallidac
11-09-03, 05:52 PM
lol.. umm.. ok.. :)

1dvs-Deville
11-09-03, 07:32 PM
I feel ya on the oldies, thank god they are thining out of here and heading south, tired of doing 40 in a 55 cuz gramps is scared to spill his nice tall glass of Geritoll complete, heh as far as the cops, I had fun with them, I once told a cop my car was out of gas like 25 foot from a pump at the hess station down near Clearwater Beach just to see if he'd help me and he actually did, so i bought him a doughnut and a instint capachino for being so nice.:sneaky:

cadillacallidac
11-12-03, 08:23 PM
I feel ya on the oldies, thank god they are thining out of here and heading south, tired of doing 40 in a 55 cuz gramps is scared to spill his nice tall glass of Geritoll complete, heh as far as the cops, I had fun with them, I once told a cop my car was out of gas like 25 foot from a pump at the hess station down near Clearwater Beach just to see if he'd help me and he actually did, so i bought him a doughnut and a instint capachino for being so nice.:sneaky:

lol.. thats kinda mean.. but sometimes ya just have to know if a cop would help you are not.. i think a lot of cops are mean.. most of my experiences with them havent been to great.. :annoyed:

ClearDark
11-15-03, 09:04 PM
Hey,

Im new here as well, and im 17. Another young owner ;)

I own a 85 deville, but I will be inhereting a 2003 Deville DTS as soon as my grandmother kicks off. (LOL)

Check out my thread, http://server.madisonross.com/~cadillac/forums/showthread.php?t=4810

I'll send you my pic sometime :)

cadillacallidac
11-17-03, 05:05 PM
hi cleardark.. whats up? that gramma joke is mean.. :eek: :yup: lol.. so when are you gonna send me a pic??