: coolant suction

For Sale
06-21-05, 03:21 AM
i have a 1991 brougham 5.0L 305v8 when the car is running there seems to be suction in the coolant system you can tell because the rad hose is fairly compressed. just wondering if anyone has any ideas to why this may be happening any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

ocjmakaveli
06-21-05, 03:30 AM
i have a 1991 brougham 5.0L 305v8 when the car is running there seems to be suction in the coolant system you can tell because the rad hose is fairly compressed. just wondering if anyone has any ideas to why this may be happening any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

actually i think the radiator hose collapsed in your situation and you should replace it a.s.a.p. i don't recommend running your car like that.

same thing happened to my uncles 99 buick and then his radiator gave out soon after so the car overheated

I think the hoses have a brace of sorts within the hose and when they get old they collapse

N0DIH
06-21-05, 01:08 PM
Is the spring missing or deteriorated in the lower hose?

For Sale
06-21-05, 07:33 PM
not sure about the spring in the lower hose.Just wondering if it could be the rad cap not opening and closing properly??

N0DIH
06-21-05, 07:47 PM
That is possible, never seen it, but it is very possible.

ocjmakaveli
06-21-05, 08:18 PM
not sure about the spring in the lower hose.Just wondering if it could be the rad cap not opening and closing properly??

the rad cap might have something to do with it but that radiator hose still needs to be replaced.

just replace both or at least replace the hose a.s.a.p.