: rwHP gains... question.

1gCtsV05
06-20-05, 10:39 PM
ok, I am sure Stealth, Lasstss andmaybea fewothers can jump on this quick with answers.

I want to add rwhp to my V with out going crazy. The lil things that matter, that are cost eefective (workin with a small budget - not determined yet).

What can I do to gain this desired HP? maybe 30 - 60 gain.
So far all I have really is intake and exhaust... I see some doing tunes, etc... any suggestion?

Also anybody have a stainless braided break line set up for us? I havent serached yet... just thought Id ask.

Thanks!
G

thebigjimsho
06-20-05, 10:45 PM
I'm in the same boat as you on the power issue, so I'll let others answer that one.

As for the brake lines, is the pedal feel too slow and squishy for you? To me, the brake system is just about perfect. If you want a more immediate, firmer feel, go for the SS braided brake lines. But I wouldn't bother with that.

CVP33
06-20-05, 11:04 PM
Ling' CAI
BB X-pipe
BB Headers
Homemade TB to MAF pipe
Stealth Custom Tune

Stock - 320 rwhp
After Mods above - 380 to 390 rwhp

sti convert
06-20-05, 11:11 PM
Best bang for the buck is juice. 100hp+ for about $700. Lets face it, the car runs quite nice in stock trim already. Youíll only need the juice once in a while anyway. I havenít decided yet, but if I donít go the juice, it will be HP Tuner (Iíll learn it myself) and maybe a CAI with a UUC shifter. In stock trim, the factory exhaust is more than adequate.

wildwhl
06-20-05, 11:13 PM
CVP33 has it about right.

One other low budget option would be to cut the resonator out of the stock exhaust and put an x-pipe in. Many reported good gains early on, and I'm sure with a tune, headers, and a CAI, you'll see some good RWHP #'s at least 40 above stock I'd venture to guess. All that for what, $2,500 or so (headers are about half of that but will net you some great numbers).

CVP33
06-20-05, 11:22 PM
$209 - Ling' CAI
$900 - BB X-pipe
$1,250 - BB Headers
$80 - Homemade TB to MAF pipe
$uper$ecret - Stealth Custom Tune

Total - $2,700+ = 60-70 hp

Worth every penny.

wildwhl
06-20-05, 11:54 PM
Yep...I should have included the shifter. It matters - a ton.

Go with CVP33's list and find $3k - that way your juice will be on all of the time, CAGS will be eliminated, as well as a ton of other features found in a Stealth tune that I'm not able to share, unless I wish for men in black suits to visit me tonight ;)

Joey'sVee
06-21-05, 08:53 AM
320 stock???? That seems real low! I would go with...

LPE CAIK
Corsa exhaust
DTE stage III (coming soon) Do a search to learn more

~$2500

I would also say the UUC shifter but you just want HP gains but if you go with the shifter youíre talking about roughly $3K for all that, not installed of course.

Good Luck!

globed70
06-21-05, 08:57 AM
Anyone have a dyno graph of the 60-70hp from these bolt-ons? An actual graph, not a list of each bolt-on and how much power they make individually... Anyone? Bueller?

V-seriesTech
06-21-05, 09:11 AM
cold air kit, shifter, catback, NITROUS. Long tubes if in the budget

Nitrous will net more gains then any power adder available for the V as of now.

1gCtsV05
06-21-05, 09:24 AM
is the pedal feel too slow and squishy for you?

:yup: :yup: :yup: exactly!!! especially on hot days!!! braided lines would help as it did on my other cars!

$209 - Ling' CAI
$900 - BB X-pipe
$1,250 - BB Headers
$80 - Homemade TB to MAF pipe
$uper$ecret - Stealth Custom Tune

Total - $2,700+ = 60-70 hp

Worth every penny.

ok.. i appreciate the info... but... i already have the following and i am not changing them:
1. corsa exhaust
2. ling CAI
3. uuc shifter
4. cags eliminator

my question is about Stelaths tuning... what is done and with what mods is it neccessary? :( :hmm:

Best bang for the buck is juice. 100hp+ for about $700. Lets face it, the car runs quite nice in stock trim already. Youíll only need the juice once in a while anyway. I havenít decided yet, but if I donít go the juice, it will be HP Tuner (Iíll learn it myself) and maybe a CAI with a UUC shifter. In stock trim, the factory exhaust is more than adequate.

yea.. NO. no juice for me.
:tisk: :tisk: :tisk:

V-seriesTech
06-21-05, 09:27 AM
:tisk: :tisk: :tisk:[/QUOTE]

Don't knock it till you try it brother...it's not as "BAD" as people think it is. I think people have a misconception about nitrous...It really can be friendly, and easy to use. :thumbsup:

But to each his own...have fun with your mods.

1gCtsV05
06-21-05, 11:41 AM
:tisk: :tisk: :tisk:

Don't knock it till you try it brother...it's not as "BAD" as people think it is. I think people have a misconception about nitrous...It really can be friendly, and easy to use. :thumbsup:

But to each his own...have fun with your mods.[/QUOTE]

i aint knocking it... its just not what i want to :burn:

V-seriesTech
06-21-05, 12:02 PM

But to each his own...have fun with your mods.

i aint knocking it... its just not what i want to :burn:[/QUOTE]

ok:sneaky:

trukk
06-21-05, 12:44 PM
A mid range alternative to headers is to just replace your cats. I just installed Random Tech High Flow cats yesterday. Going to the dyno tommorrow to check it out. Unfortunately I don't have a stock baseline. Only other power mod I have is Corsa catback. (no CAI, or Tune yet).

RT Cats run approx $600 ish.

-Chris

StealthV
06-21-05, 12:45 PM
ok.. i appreciate the info... but... i already have the following and i am not changing them:
1. corsa exhaust
2. ling CAI
3. uuc shifter
4. cags eliminator

my question is about Stealth's tuning... what is done and with what mods is it neccessary? :( :hmm:

What is your end goal from the tuning process? A slight massage to better match the tune to your current mods? A complete overhaul for maximum optimization? To have the best hp/tq numbers ever on the forum?

B&B, Corsa, LPE, FFV, Maggie, etc., etc. - it's all a matter of filling the gap to meet your needs. Anything is possible; dare to dream. :cheers:

Kerr
06-21-05, 12:51 PM
nos, blower, turbo all do the same thing.... ad compression. nos is just not as safe as the others. 150 hp from a blower is the same 150 hp from nos.

as for the bolt ons if these car pick up like the Z06, then exhaust with headers should be good for 50 wheel hp.. Also a intake couldnt hurt. more air in more air out. As with the comptuers / programmers they usualy pick up about 20 wheel hp. Dont hold me to this as i have none of the listed above parts.

1gCtsV05
06-21-05, 12:53 PM
What is your end goal from the tuning process? A slight massage to better match the tune to your current mods? A complete overhaul for maximum optimization? To have the best hp/tq numbers ever on the forum?

B&B, Corsa, LPE, FFV, Maggie, etc., etc. - it's all a matter of filling the gap to meet your needs. Anything is possible; dare to dream. :cheers:

ideally just alil something more. maybe to just best optimize what i have w/out dumping $7k for a maggie... any suggestions?!

StealthV
06-21-05, 01:28 PM
Easy - headers and a tune to polish it off.

1gCtsV05
06-21-05, 01:43 PM
Easy - headers and a tune to polish it off.

please correct me if I am wrong... but arent the only headers available long-pipe headers?!
This will cause me to buy new CATS and cut the Corsa short... is that right?! I thought that is what i was told when i bought the car... i am sure things could have changed since then.

How would i go about a tune by you Stealth? I am in NY.

what do you think my outcome can be?

trukk
06-21-05, 01:48 PM
The BB's everyone got the group buy on are 'shorties' and include the stumpy little Cats on the end, and bolt directly to the stock exhaust location, so you could use it with a stocker, corsa or BB.

-Chris

1gCtsV05
06-21-05, 01:53 PM
The BB's everyone got the group buy on are 'shorties' and include the stumpy little Cats on the end, and bolt directly to the stock exhaust location, so you could use it with a stocker, corsa or BB.

-Chris

Thanks Chris. I just looked'em up. $1500.00 is gonna hurt!!! What was the GB cost?
Anybody have any for sale?

Stealth.. talk to me about a "tune".... thanks!

Joey'sVee
06-21-05, 03:58 PM
Trust me....check out the DTE stage III (headers, cats, tune) and it all works with your corsa, LPE CAIK!

1gCtsV05
06-21-05, 04:14 PM
Trust me....check out the DTE stage III (headers, cats, tune) and it all works with your corsa, LPE CAIK!

where can I see about this??? google give me an article to read.. anything else?

Joey'sVee
06-21-05, 04:28 PM
Read the following threads...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...ead.php?t=30731

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41225&highlight=DTE+stage+III

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30892&highlight=DTE+stage+III

1gCtsV05
06-21-05, 04:36 PM
Read the following threads...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...ead.php?t=30731

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41225&highlight=DTE+stage+III

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30892&highlight=DTE+stage+III

I am waiting for a call back tomorrow to find out all about the Stage III... Thanks!

Joey'sVee
06-21-05, 04:40 PM
I am waiting for a call back tomorrow to find out all about the Stage III... Thanks!

Let me know what you find out (send me a PM)...I'm waiting on this also.:thumbsup:

urbanski
06-21-05, 04:45 PM
so does StealthVs tune
any decent tuner has a tune perfected for each combo of bolt-ons

Joey'sVee
06-21-05, 04:50 PM
Does stealthv offer headers and cats to fit the corsa? As far as I understand DTE stage III is the only easy way to get it all to fit. But I'm sure if you could find the headers and cats and the lead peice and got all that put on seperatly then stealthv could do a tune. To me it will be easier to just buy the DTE stage III cuzz it comes with everything!:coolgleam JMHO

1gCtsV05
06-21-05, 04:54 PM
i just need to find an affordable combination and figure out how to tune it right!!!!

StealthV
06-21-05, 05:53 PM
Does stealthv offer headers and cats to fit the corsa? As far as I understand DTE stage III is the only easy way to get it all to fit. But I'm sure if you could find the headers and cats and the lead peice and got all that put on seperatly then stealthv could do a tune. To me it will be easier to just buy the DTE stage III cuzz it comes with everything!:coolgleam JMHO

Without too much work, you could bolt up a set of B&B Tri-Y headers (not shorties) to your Corsa. Another option - any competent muffler/exhaust shop can hook up your Corsa cat-back to brand X of headers.

1gCtsV05
06-21-05, 05:58 PM
again... so whats involved with tunes? Stealth?

any point with what I have now?

V-seriesTech
06-21-05, 06:45 PM
Without too much work, you could bolt up a set of B&B Tri-Y headers (not shorties) to your Corsa. Another option - any competent muffler/exhaust shop can hook up your Corsa cat-back to brand X of headers.

No extra work involved, at all. B&B long tubes bolt up to either B&B catbacks, or CORSA catbacks. I've done them both, and no problems.:thumbsup: