: New Member

ImperialBrougham
11-02-03, 04:30 AM
Howdy, all ! New member from El Paso, Texas . I myself am a lowrider at heart , but I still appreciate any style that any CADILLAC is given being custom or stock . I myself am working on a 1984 Fleetwood Brougham which I expect should be back from the body shop shortly . This is my fourth CADILLAC and counting !! Looking forward to my new home here @ cadillacforums !!

the Sandman
11-02-03, 07:58 AM
Hey ImperialBrougham - Welcome to the CadillacForums! Tell us about the '84 - are you restoring it to stock or modifying it? What other Cadillacs have you owned? And why is there snow in the picture you attached if you're from Texas?

Thanks for registering!

ImperialBrougham
11-02-03, 12:31 PM
Hey ImperialBrougham - Welcome to the CadillacForums! Tell us about the '84 - are you restoring it to stock or modifying it? What other Cadillacs have you owned? And why is there snow in the picture you attached if you're from Texas?

Thanks for registering!

Hello Sandman . I 'm modifying the brougham by updating it with parts from a '92 Fleetwood( headlights, header panel, front and rear bumpers, taillights, and also molding the side panels from the 4 door to fit my 2 door .) I'll post pics as soon as the car is complete. When I purchased the car in '98 , it was a darkish brown with the paint oxidized , being that it was the original color . I then painted the car with a lexus white w/ a white pearl over it as in the pic . In 2000 , I purchased the updated parts and parked the car taking a break from it for a while . Until last year , after me and my family had settled into a house and my job was more stable , I had the car taken to the shop for the makeover .
It is currently a candy burgandy with flakes and fadeaway patterns . Keep you guys posted .

The pic I had atached was from a carshow . It was not snow(lol) but actually packing peanuts for the display to coordinate with the paint at the time . Great observation , Sandman . We all know snow is a rare commodity in Texas!!

the Sandman
11-02-03, 12:39 PM
Hello Sandman. I 'm modifying the brougham by updating it with parts from a '92 Fleetwood(headlights, header panel, front and rear bumpers, taillights, and also molding the side panels from the 4 door to fit my 2 door). I'll post pics as soon as the car is complete. When I purchased the car in '98 , it was a darkish brown with the paint oxidized, being that it was the original color. I then painted the car with a lexus white w/ a white pearl over it as in the pic . In 2000, I purchased the updated parts and parked the car taking a break from it for a while. Until last year, after me and my family had settled into a house and my job was more stable, I had the car taken to the shop for the makeover.
It is currently a candy burgandy with flakes and fadeaway patterns. Keep you guys posted.Sounds very interesting...can't wait for pictures. :D

The pic I had attached was from a carshow. It was not snow (lol) but actually packing peanuts for the display to coordinate with the paint at the time. Great observation, Sandman. We all know snow is a rare commodity in Texas!!Yes, I see that now... :eek:

ImperialBrougham
11-02-03, 01:57 PM
Sounds very interesting...can't wait for pictures. :D

Yes, I see that now... :eek:

The cadillacs I have had the pleasure of owning have been ;
1984 Fleetwood Brougham___presently
1984 Coupe DeVille
1984 Eldorado
1981 Brougham DeElegance

Hopefully after I'm done with my '84 , I'll be purchasing a '93-'96 Fleetwood .