: C Pillar valence loose in 94 FWB?

N0DIH
06-20-05, 03:53 PM
Anyone know how to properly attach the C Pillar Valence in the 93-96 FWBs?

Mine is loose, and you can see it from the outside. Not so pretty. Anyone know how they are attached? I am suspecting the previous owners were not knowing how to pull them out properly and just pulled them out. Both are loose, one stays in better. But I don't like how it looks right now.

Thanks!

ocjmakaveli
06-20-05, 06:41 PM
Anyone know how to properly attach the C Pillar Valence in the 93-96 FWBs?

Mine is loose, and you can see it from the outside. Not so pretty. Anyone know how they are attached? I am suspecting the previous owners were not knowing how to pull them out properly and just pulled them out. Both are loose, one stays in better. But I don't like how it looks right now.

Thanks!

isw the c pillar the one between the 2 doors?

if so then it has a clip at the top which slides upwards and it has another clip about halfway on the pillar that you push inwards.

so for removal you would first pull out the clip that is half way on teh pillar then slide it downwards.

For some odd reason though when i bought my fleet my passenger side pillar would not stay on whenever the front pass door was closed it would push it in so I used some cold weld glue on the pass pillar clip and it has since stayed on but I have not tried to remove it since about a year ago

my driver side pillar works fine if needed i can take pics of how the clips should look just let me know if you need them

N0DIH
06-20-05, 08:01 PM
A is front windsheild (sides)
B is between doors
C is rear window (sides)

ocjmakaveli
06-20-05, 09:49 PM
that one I have never fully removed for fear of breaking them I usually just moved them to the side to pass whatever is needed through.

my best guess is it has hooks just like the b pillar has at the top

im sure it doesnt have clips because i can move both mine to the side with out removing them

none of yours have the clips or hooks it should have?

ill remove mine and post pics

N0DIH
06-21-05, 01:06 PM
I'll take a look and see. Has anyone bought the Fisher Body manual for these cars? I have it on my 76 Olds and my 80 T/A, but I haven't picked up one since. They are rearly used, but a wealth of info on the bodies of the car. Did Fisher Body do the FWB's?

You are probably right on the hooks at the top. The bottom is still attached, the top isn't, so that is probably what happened, someone pulled it and bent them or broke them so now they don't hook.

vanaisa
06-21-05, 01:25 PM
yes - this valence have two clips in upper side and one retainer in lower side.
I dont have scanner in home, but you can find drawing on shop manual, body section.

N0DIH
06-21-05, 01:26 PM
I will take a look when I get home.

thanks!