: Escalade Door Lock Problems

coop2000
06-20-05, 03:14 PM
I've read past posts about door lock problems but thought I'd ask for additional input. I have a 2000 Escalade, bought used. The interior locks will NOT open any doors but WILL lock by using the driver side control toggle switch. You can use the manual mechanisms on each door. The remotes work fine to open and lock. Periodically out of the blue you can hear the locks trying to engage with multiple clicking noises (this occurs long after reaching speeds over 50mph and never happens when you put it into drive and of course only happens when I drive the car - so I must be imagining it right?:cookoo: ).

I hate to go to my local dealer to find out the cause and repair since they tend to overcharge for every little thing. If I had a good idea of the cause I might be able to keep the repair cost down.

Thanks for any input.

jordan00escalade
06-20-05, 05:54 PM
try reprogramming your door lock signals/chimes. It's in the book, a page over from reprogramming your remote.

Marc Kessler
06-20-05, 07:20 PM
Had the same problem with mine fortunately before the warranty expired. It's the door lock actuators.