: Question about White Diamond and resale....

JASP
06-20-05, 11:35 AM
With so many White Diamond on the road do you think it will hold it's value when it comes to trading in the truck? They seem to be a dime a dozen. Just where I live there has to be 4 white Diamonds in a 3 block area. Every where I look you see white diamond. If this wasn't a color option what other color would you have gotten? Also do you think this color is worth the 1000.00 dollar upgrade?....Sami

slk230mb
06-20-05, 01:35 PM
White Diamond is a 'true' Cadillac color. It makes a statement. It's $1000 extra b/c of the 3 stage paint process.

Fast Eddie
06-20-05, 04:52 PM
I think it stands to reason that since more people bought WD trucks when new, then more people will buy them when used, just don't expect to sell it for a premium.

Boombotz
06-20-05, 09:31 PM
If this wasn't a color option what other color would you have gotten? Also do you think this color is worth the 1000.00 dollar upgrade?....Sami

To answer your questions. My other choice of color if White Diamond wasn't available would have been Blue Chip (it is not available in the EXT or ESV models) but since White Diamond is available that was my choice and was worth every penny for that color.

atomikorange
06-21-05, 02:51 AM
Diamond White will get you more on a dealer trade-in and it will blue book higher. However paint color is still a personal choice if a buyer likes black they'll buy black...it they like white, they'll buy white.

In addition to a higher blue book price...diamond white paint does "age" better - Which will allow you to ask for more $$ when selling your truck.

hcvone
06-21-05, 08:05 AM
I am very happy with the WD paint color, very easy to keep claen and looking good, I liked the sand color that they stopped a few years ago, that would my second choice because it's even easier to keep clean

JASP
06-21-05, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the input. Now what do you think of the quicksilver's paint. I still haven't made up my mind on color yet.....Sami

Dif
06-21-05, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the input. Now what do you think of the quicksilver's paint. I still haven't made up my mind on color yet.....Sami
As mentioned in some of the previous posts, color is each persons preferrence and...
I've always had and liked Black as my first choice with White Diamond second.
I don't think the silver or the other colors do the Cadillac justice.
Where I am there are mostly Black ones that I see.
I considered the White Diamond because it is a really nice paint with the pearl in it but I went with Black.
The other day though, I saw an EXT with the White Diamond paint but it had all Gold Emblems and what a difference...definitly NICE.
There was a nice contrast with White Diamond and Gold Emblems that's not there with the chrome emblems
I will probably get the White Diamond with Gold emblems next time around.
Just some thoughts.
Regards.. Frank

JASP
06-21-05, 12:04 PM
Thanks Frank....I made up my mind and White Diamond it is. Your right the silver just didn't do the truck justice IMHO.....Sami