: I Have a Question about my transmission fluid?

Wolfpath2004
06-20-05, 02:52 AM
I just recently check the trans fluid level on my 1998 deville with a northstar system. I notice the fluid is not red anymore..i was a orange color..does this indicate a problem with my trans or do i just need to flush the system out? my deville has 80,000 miles.
Thanx

Krashed989
06-20-05, 03:53 AM
Never flush the trans out on a northstar transmission. I have heard horror stories of the transimission failing just weeks after it was flushed. Just go in and have it serviced, they will change the fluid and the filter. Make sure you specify that you want just the trans serviced though, otherwise they might change the engine oil instead. and Yes, the change in color does indicate that you need the fluid to be changed.

Wolfpath2004
06-20-05, 12:12 PM
Thanx man!!! I will go to the dealer and ask them to SERVICE my transmission..Thanx again.

Ranger
06-20-05, 01:53 PM
A slight discoloration is normal at that milage as long as it is not brown and smells burnt. I just turned 100K and did the trans service and my fluid was about as you discribe, kind of a dull red rather than the bright red that the new stuff is.