: 94 Fleetwood limo

carguy16
06-18-05, 10:20 PM
Since these dont have ABS, shouldnt these NOT have traction control???

What are the tire size on the limo packages, I was suprised today when I saw one and they had the stock size of a regular Fleetwood!? :bighead:

Now, as far as A/C goes, does the entire system share with just one compressor driven of the engine? Is the compressor the same size as it is on regular Fleetwoods???

Any other cool facts will be appreciated.

N0DIH
06-19-05, 12:26 AM
Not sure, they might have taller, like 235 75's. I haven't seen Katshot in a while, is he still around? He would know.

Correct, no ABS and no TCS. My book mentions that when I was doing the throttle cable adjustment. It really improved throttle response, no more feeling like there is a loose cable.

Cadilac
06-19-05, 02:04 AM
I have had several Fleetwood Limos:

1. I haven't seen one with traction control. It's a factory delete on the one's I've had - doesn't even have the fuse.

2. The tires I have had on 94-96 are all stock 235x75x15. The original Michelins are way over-priced.

3. Only one compressor - everything in the front under the hood is split and run to the rear with a separate fan in the rear that blows the hot or cold air into separate rear ducts. Most (and all the cars I have had) have rear heat & air with separate controls on the dash. The equipment is always located directly behind the rear seat and trunk. Can't have a spare tire in that location - trunks can get small.

4. Pimpmobiles aside, the biggest variance on most professional cars is in the middle seat. Some rotate around (on the axis of the intersection of the seat back to the seat bottom) to face either backwards or frontwards. Some face frontwards only and can be power adjustable. There seems to be a very basic version with no pockets on the back and a fancier version with pockets on the back. There are also some cars floating around where a duplicate front seat (split) was used as the middle seat.

5. There is some variance in vinyl roof treatments. Most run full length like a regular sedan. Some converters terminated them basically at the front door and painted the roof from the front door to the windshield.

6. Lots of cars with cloth interiors, leather seems to be more rare.

7. Seems to be variances in how the middle set of windows work - some don't move at all, others tied to operate exactly like the rear set. etc.

8. Most cars seem to orriginally be Fleetwoods rather than Fleetwood Broughams.

9. Very high percentage of cars seem to undergo complete exterior color change when built - don't seem to be pre-ordered by the converter to the ultimate color they are built to when converted to a limo.

10. People who buy them new or drive them for a living refer to them as Professional Cars.

11. Most important, they are a lot of fun. I can give the kid next door $20 to drive me someplace where there are doorment for dinner. You would believe how they always run right past a $100,000 Mercedes to open my doors. There still seems to be something about a Fleetwood that people associate with the President showing up. I like getting out with cutoffs and a t-shirt.

12. If you want to meet a lot of girls, get the hearse. Regular people are always trying to look inside to see who is in the limo but they don't want you to know they are looking because they are trying to act cool. Girls always ask about the hearse. Must be because it has curtains.

Later dude ...

carguy16
06-19-05, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the info. I found a FLeetwood limo, but it has a black interior, the panel for the driver side door is missing(no mirrors, seat control, etc), did I mention it had no A/C?!!?!? Also, looks like there is a problem with the power steering system, there is fluid on top of the reservoir, there is air in the system, a leak, or someone spilled fluid topping it up. Plus, its really dirty, under the hood is dusty, and the vents are really dusty too. It is just a 6 door limo, nothing fancy.

I have had several Fleetwood Limos:

1. I haven't seen one with traction control. It's a factory delete on the one's I've had - doesn't even have the fuse.

2. The tires I have had on 94-96 are all stock 235x75x15. The original Michelins are way over-priced.

3. Only one compressor - everything in the front under the hood is split and run to the rear with a separate fan in the rear that blows the hot or cold air into separate rear ducts. Most (and all the cars I have had) have rear heat & air with separate controls on the dash. The equipment is always located directly behind the rear seat and trunk. Can't have a spare tire in that location - trunks can get small.

4. Pimpmobiles aside, the biggest variance on most professional cars is in the middle seat. Some rotate around (on the axis of the intersection of the seat back to the seat bottom) to face either backwards or frontwards. Some face frontwards only and can be power adjustable. There seems to be a very basic version with no pockets on the back and a fancier version with pockets on the back. There are also some cars floating around where a duplicate front seat (split) was used as the middle seat.

5. There is some variance in vinyl roof treatments. Most run full length like a regular sedan. Some converters terminated them basically at the front door and painted the roof from the front door to the windshield.

6. Lots of cars with cloth interiors, leather seems to be more rare.

7. Seems to be variances in how the middle set of windows work - some don't move at all, others tied to operate exactly like the rear set. etc.

8. Most cars seem to orriginally be Fleetwoods rather than Fleetwood Broughams.

9. Very high percentage of cars seem to undergo complete exterior color change when built - don't seem to be pre-ordered by the converter to the ultimate color they are built to when converted to a limo.

10. People who buy them new or drive them for a living refer to them as Professional Cars.

11. Most important, they are a lot of fun. I can give the kid next door $20 to drive me someplace where there are doorment for dinner. You would believe how they always run right past a $100,000 Mercedes to open my doors. There still seems to be something about a Fleetwood that people associate with the President showing up. I like getting out with cutoffs and a t-shirt.

12. If you want to meet a lot of girls, get the hearse. Regular people are always trying to look inside to see who is in the limo but they don't want you to know they are looking because they are trying to act cool. Girls always ask about the hearse. Must be because it has curtains.

Later dude ...