: Back seat swapability

ammason
06-18-05, 02:46 PM
I'm trying to get the rear seat in my '69 limo into a little bit better shape, and am wondering if I can just swap in a seat from any '69 model. Specifically, I've found someone with a back seat from a '69 Eldorado, and I want to know if I can just swap it with mine.

Will it fit?

Cheers!

Aaron

N0DIH
06-20-05, 11:22 AM
Not sure on Eldo, might be a little flat in the middle as those were FWD.

Look for a RWD car, any GM. And try out. Maybe measure where the hooks are on the limo to the other car you find. Widths should be very close.

davesdeville
06-20-05, 01:16 PM
I'd think any RWD Caddy's seat should work, but good luck finding one in the right color with the right fabric/leather/vinyl. I don't think an Eldo coupe's seat would work, but I could be wrong. You could check ebay and look at the pics they have to determine if it looks the same. These Caddys are wider than most other cars of their day (well, any day) so I wouldn't expect anything but a RWD Caddy's seat to fit.

ammason
06-20-05, 02:36 PM
If the driveshaft bump is the only difference in the seats I could probably do a modification myself. How to the seats attach? I pulled out the rear AC/heater system (broken, heavy, useless as it's a convertible) and it looks like the only way to remove the seat is by destroying it, which I know is not right... What are these hooks you speak of an how can I use them to get the seat off?

davesdeville
06-20-05, 03:48 PM
I know on my ETC you push backwards, then pull up. Not a clue about yours, and I haven't tried it on the 75.