: Whos running a FAST intake and TB

Parker
06-18-05, 10:02 AM
I was wondering if anyone has put the FAST intake and 90mm throttle body on yet and if so, what kind of gains did you see out of it. Or even if you just did a throttle body.

lasstss
06-18-05, 11:53 AM
I was wondering if anyone has put the FAST intake and 90mm throttle body on yet and if so, what kind of gains did you see out of it. Or even if you just did a throttle body.

A buddy of mine has one on his GTO. He has heads and a cam. Runs high 11's. He has to buy a new FAST manifold as the first one warped and wouldnt seal. In the meantime, he put an LS-6 on his LS-1./ Definetly noticed a difference in power(lower). He thinks it makes more power. No numbers though FWIW...

bryce3
06-18-05, 01:55 PM
Parker, I recall an issue of Hot Rod magazine that covered this intake versus the stock LS1 & LS6. The conclusion was that it wasn't much better than the LS6 and in their opinion not worth the cash for so few ponies. They went on to say if you already have the LS6 then put your cash into other areas for HP.
-Sean

V-seriesTech
06-18-05, 02:01 PM
Th Fuel Air Spark Technology intake is badass for those of you that are looking for power. It is worth the money, and they DO make power over the factory LS6 intake manifold. They have two, a 78mm and a 90mm. I wouldn't go with the 90 unless your planning more cubic inches, or a centrifugel blower, or a turbo. Cause there really isn't a need for it on the 346 1/2 cubic inch motor.

I belive FLYBOY has the fast intake on his car as of now.

The intake also has porting windows,...so you can see how much you can port...

The intakes are all three piece, modular units.