: Kelley Blue Book Question and advice

JASP
06-17-05, 10:22 AM
I'm going tomorrow to see if I can get a good deal on a 05 Escalade. Right now I have an 03 Green in mint condition with 20,000 miles on it loaded. I want a White Diamond with the express open sunroof pkg. and maybe the rear seat DVD entertainment pkg. (not really sure on that) or maybe the Select edition 20 wheels. Now which do you think will hold it's value more the wheels or the DVD system or maybe both??? And as for the GM price break are the dealers staying with that price? Has anyone seen them go lower? I also know that the Dealer is getting the 2000.00 marketing help that they will pass on to me. Kelley blue book is saying my truck is worth 37,500 (trade in). Are the dealer sticking to Kelley blue book? They sure did when it came to my 2001 Tahoe.....Give me some advice please let me know what's the real deal on this? Both Trucks that I have priced out are 63,440.00 or 63,035.00 discounted to 53,664.00 and 53,583.03 Thanks again..... Sami

hcvone
06-21-05, 09:03 AM
Dealerships do not use the Kelley Blue Book prices, you will usually get several grand less than the KBB, at least in our area, if you have a few dealers in your area go to them all, get them "working" against each other for your best price.

JASP
06-21-05, 09:47 AM
Thanks.....that is just what I'm doing. Right now I'm being told that the GM employee discount price that you pull up on the computer already has the 2000.00 dealer cash built into it. So the price you see is with the really 2000.00 higher. Now can that be true? I just wished you could find a straight shooter without all the bull. I still don't know which color I want yet. I'm leaning towards Quicksilver with the Shale interior.....Thanks again for your advice and info....Sami

Boombotz
06-21-05, 10:18 AM
I'm going tomorrow to see if I can get a good deal on a 05 Escalade. Right now I have an 03 Green in mint condition with 20,000 miles on it loaded. I want a White Diamond with the express open sunroof pkg. and maybe the rear seat DVD entertainment pkg. (not really sure on that) or maybe the Select edition 20 wheels. Now which do you think will hold it's value more the wheels or the DVD system or maybe both??? And as for the GM price break are the dealers staying with that price? Has anyone seen them go lower? I also know that the Dealer is getting the 2000.00 marketing help that they will pass on to me. Kelley blue book is saying my truck is worth 37,500 (trade in). Are the dealer sticking to Kelley blue book? They sure did when it came to my 2001 Tahoe.....Give me some advice please let me know what's the real deal on this? Both Trucks that I have priced out are 63,440.00 or 63,035.00 discounted to 53,664.00 and 53,583.03 Thanks again..... Sami

When I traded my truck I told them I wanted withen $1000. of Blue Book or there was no deal. It worked out, but at first they tried to go 4,000 less I was like hell no keep your Escalade I'll get it somewhere else. As far as the rims and DVD my suggestion is wait. Keep the stock tires or you will just lose them to the dealership. Get your rims and dvd put on aftermarket. You will save a lot of money. When I originally purchased the best price they would give for 22's was over 5,000. I put them on after for $4300. I know that is not a huge difference,but I got what I wanted and when I trade in I can give them back the stock. Sell the others on Ebay if I wanted or transfer them if they fit. The DVD with double headrest 7" monitors installed with everything was $1500.. That gives you something to compare with. I know the dealers like to put in the drop downs there nice, but its good to have the headrest ones. It is really just preference I find the drop downs shake a lot and block my rearview mirror which I like to use. Whatever route you should go price outside before you pay there crazy prices. The way I found it easiest was when I got my rims put on I asked who they used for there audio he ended up have a place right down the road that they refered to and it couldn't have worked out better. Good Luck!!!!

JASP
06-21-05, 11:31 AM
Thank you sooooo much for your time and your advice. Right now I'm dealing with 2 dealerships. The first likes to play games with numbers the second was right to the point and has been nothing but nice and fair. The first got wind of the deal and now they are calling and trying to add another thousand to the trade in (38000.00 we will see if that happens he has to go to his boss). The second I know can't or won't match that price. Now I'm at a spot on what to do. Do I go with the dealership that didn't play games and has been great to me or do I stay with the dealership that I bought my first truck with and will use for service and pay less money? I'm also on the fence about color....white diamond or Quicksilver to be different.....

Your right about the rims.....If I want them I will do after market that way they stay with me. I will just get the pkg with the nav. sunroof chrome wheels. Thanks again....Sami

Boombotz
06-21-05, 12:37 PM
Go with the one you are most comfortable with and who you trust. It also depends how much that $1000. will make or break you. It's all just a judgement call if it where me and I wouldn't be going upside down in the trade I would probaly go with the dealer that was upfront and fair to begin with. Though that $1000. is more in your pocket to do the extras. Tough choice. I really like the white diamond as far as the color,but your right a lot of people have it. I like that Blue to have you seen. It's nice. That is the only other color that I would get. It's just up to preference. Again best of luck.

JASP
06-21-05, 12:59 PM
Thanks, I went with the dealer who didn't play games. Yes the other dealer came back with the 1000.00 more but it just didn't seem right something felt wrong and the way things were going there would have been a snag with the paper work when it came down to signing papers and too late to take advange of the promotion. The dealer I went with all I needed to start the ball rolling and locating my truck was my word.....Unheard of where I am. I felt if this man trusted me to order this truck without a deposit then he was a real upstanding man of his word.....I'm so excited now. Yes many have the white diamond and I guess I can understand why. The only reason I would have gotten the other color was to be different but my hubby told me in time I would have been unhappy. (I think hubby wanted the White Diamond himself...LOL)......Sami