: Insurance Company Dropped Me!!!!

DopeStar 156
06-17-05, 12:58 AM
Anyone able to hook me up with some names and or numbers of any companies in NJ would be most appreciated. I'm so depressed about this, nothing has gone right for me in weeks and this just tops the ****in' cake. Thanks guys.

Ralph
06-17-05, 12:58 AM
What's their reasoning??

Playdrv4me
06-17-05, 01:32 AM
IIRC, Turbojimmy got some amazing rate with Geico SEVERAL hundred dollars less than he was paying with his previous company, they JUST moved into the New Jersey market. I would give them a call. Whatever you do, do it quickly because any amount of time with a gap in insurance coverage can have a very negative impact on your insurance record if you still have a vehicle registered in your name.

powerglide
06-17-05, 11:58 AM
Anyone able to hook me up with some names and or numbers of any companies in NJ would be most appreciated. I'm so depressed about this, nothing has gone right for me in weeks and this just tops the ****in' cake. Thanks guys.

what happened?

evilrussian
06-17-05, 05:49 PM
My Caddy is uninsured :shhh: , my insurance company dropped coverage on it in the middle of the year!? Reason was that it is too old. I tried getting a classic car insurance for it with no luck. Some classic car ins. companies said that it is not valuable enough :mad: and others bitched about some really old and really minor blemishes on my driving record. So screw them, now it's not insured for over 2 yars, thank God I don't drive it daily.

And yesterday I received a letter from my insurance that says I owe them another $300.00 thats after I paid my premium in FULL FOUR F'*&#N MONTHS AGO! And this is not the first time either! This kind of crap really pisses me off because car insurance is not an object I can hold in my hands and call them back to tell 'em to stick it! They threaten to cancel the coverage and send me the difference. You just can't win with these a-holes! :banghead:

turbojimmy
06-17-05, 06:02 PM
GEICO saved me $770 a year over a $2,300 per year policy I had with NJM. I just made the switch official on June 6th. You can get a quote on their website.

Jim

ben72227
06-17-05, 07:11 PM
I'm insured with State Farm and I think now that I have "classic" car insurance, if it has been upgraded that is...

Stoneage_Caddy
06-17-05, 07:29 PM
Whatever you do, do it quickly because any amount of time with a gap in insurance coverage can have a very negative impact on your insurance record if you still have a vehicle registered in your name.

This is VERY true , my rates are currently 55 bucks per month MORE because i didnt own or insure a vehicle from nov 2002- may 2003 , and being on a policy with you faimly doesnt change that , i was primary on the corvette and paid each months payment but they still said i had a "gap" in coverage ...

they didnt understand that i didnt want to buy and insure a car for 6 months till i moved back to floirda ...looking back if i woulda bought a $400 car that didnt run and parked it outbakc and put full coverage on it for 6 months ($700 total) i coaulda saved myself over 1500 bucks ...

whats funny is my rates didnt go up a bit because of the crash ....total out a car and your rates dont go up , but dont own a car for 6 months and there is hell to pay ....

davesdeville
06-17-05, 07:43 PM
They can drop you for being too old? AAA had no problem insuring my 78 with regular ass liability.

evilrussian
06-17-05, 07:52 PM
Yea, and in Florida if you ever get dropped, your insurance company reports the drop of the coverage to the DMV (or whatever the government agency responsible for that) in Tallahassee and your licence gets suspended after that, without you ever knowing. The whole process takes about 3 months.

You might wanna check if NJ does the same thing too, Dopestar.

evilrussian
06-17-05, 07:54 PM
They can drop you for being too old? AAA had no problem insuring my 78 with regular ass liability.
Don't forget it's Florida :( , hurricanes blow all the sence out of this state.

majax
06-17-05, 07:58 PM
We have Allied and they are just a national insurance company. It's really affordable to, we pay about $400 per term and I think there is 2 or 3 terms a year. We are also covering 3 cars. Two just have liability and one has full coverage.

DopeStar 156
06-18-05, 12:16 AM
I had State Farm and they dropped me for an accident I had over a year ago and a speeding ticket that's over a year and a half ago. I'm doing GEICO's app. now.

Boombotz
06-18-05, 12:19 AM
Check into Progresive. I found them to be cheaper then Geico for me.

Kev
06-18-05, 12:34 AM
They can drop you for being too old? AAA had no problem insuring my 78 with regular ass liability.AAA is the bomb.
There are not always the cheapest but they are up there with the best IMO.

Stoneage_Caddy
06-18-05, 01:25 AM
AAA is the bomb.
There are not always the cheapest but they are up there with the best IMO.
KEV !! where you been ol buddy ??

davesdeville
06-18-05, 06:39 AM
And the AAA Plus service has saved my ass 3 times this year too. Locked my keys in the car in Conneticut (I hate that state,) blowout #2 in Ohio, hit a curb and broke the spindle/hub/wheel off the car here... Plus the hotel discounts and stuff, yea AAA is where it's at.

turbojimmy
06-18-05, 07:26 AM
You might wanna check if NJ does the same thing too, Dopestar.

I'm not sure if NJ does that or not. GEICO said they were going to send me some official letter that I needed to send to my old insurance company that would let them know I've changed carriers. Never got it, therefore never sent it. So far no problems.

I checked AAA rates in NJ a couple years ago and they weren't any better than NJM so I stuck with NJM. I do keep AAA around because I break the GN fairly routinely and need to have it towed (used them earlier this month, actually, when I fragged the trans).

Jim

Kev
06-18-05, 03:54 PM
KEV !! where you been ol buddy ??Hi Stoney.
I needed a break I guess. Plus, I have a lot of work ahead of me so I will not be able to spend as much time here as I did.
Thanks for caring! :thumbsup:

DopeStar 156
06-18-05, 11:55 PM
GEICO is cheaper than what I have now, but I gotta give them their payment up front. 's not too much but let's hope this works out for me. My State Farm insurance is good until Aug 10.

illumina
06-19-05, 02:29 AM
Yup. Insurance companies can tear you apart now because you have to have it by law. I wonder how much money they shoved into the fat mouths of the useless congress to get those laws mandatory...

Where I live at, the BMV 'randomly' chooses people via the mail to prove their insurance. I just recieved the letter in the mail a few days ago...****ing mind police: they're pissing me off more and more everyday.

adam_mcd
06-19-05, 02:53 AM
yea geico is great

they cover my 79 and the outside damage covered is 5 times more compared to my old taurus. big ole grill can do some naaaasty damage.

...now what happened???