: Still after a 7 Car.

Playdrv4me
06-17-05, 12:53 AM
And it looks like the one ill most likely get if I do get one will be just like this... a 2001 short-body sport (the short bodies were the only ones available with the Steptronic trans) with about 30k miles and Anthracite gray, probably the third best color.

http://images.autotrader.com/images/2005/6/16/183/546/1534713306.183546942.IM1.03.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

http://images.autotrader.com/images/2005/6/16/183/546/1534713304.183546942.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jp g

Unfortunately, if I could REALLY have whatever my heart desired id either get it in white or Imola Red... EXTREMELY rare.

http://images.autotrader.com/images/2005/5/14/182/753/1456377683.182753407.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jp g

Ralph
06-17-05, 02:12 AM
Have you checked with your Dealer buddy lately for their inventory?

I still say you should have got that Jag! :shhh: Talking to the Jag mechanic last weekend checkin' out the new XJ8, and he said the quality on them right now is about the best they've ever been! Ford pumped a lot of money into them, supposedly.

If any of those would cost as much used as a new 3 series, I would go 3.

There is only one color for Jags my friend........ :yup:

fast66
06-17-05, 02:33 AM
I have a 750il and it has steptronic. Personally I like the red color better. You should get the red. You wont be dissapointed with a bmw but it will cost a lot to fix if you get any problems. I have had to replace the same electronic stuff over and over again(rear windows shade a million times, tv quite a few times) but nothing mechanical. I believe we have around 100,000km now on it. I would not get the jaguar,very bad car in my opinion. I have had many problems with this one jaguar and the xkr looks really cheap from inside.

fast66
06-17-05, 02:39 AM
I would look into the new 3 series or 5 series if I were you. Very nice looking from inside an out.

Playdrv4me
06-17-05, 02:42 AM
I actually like the new XJ... Very classy and it has the all aluminum spaceframe and that buttery smooth 4.4L Jag engine, however those are way out of my price range for the features Id want, and the reason I like the 7 series is because its an instant classic in my opinion. The height of BMW's traditional design theme of the last 25 years.

Red would be nice but there arent even any around with the mileage I want, at least not right now.

To answer your question Ralph, the dark grey one actually was recommended to me by my dealer friend. He has it on consignment from a customer of theirs and said it was immaculate. My brother stopped by and took a look at it while he was in Wichita and did say there is a big scratch on the rear pass. door but Id probably just have him fix that.

Ralph
06-17-05, 02:47 AM
I would not get the jaguar,very bad car in my opinion. I have had many problems with this one jaguar and the xkr looks really cheap from inside.

What year was the Jag you had trouble with?? They have their act together now, and actually just replaced Cadillac for second place and knocked Caddy down to 5th spot, according to JD Power.

I can't find an inch of "Cheap" in the new XKR interior......I mean it's about as close as one can get towards a Bently interior.

fast66
06-17-05, 02:47 AM
I think the dark green is ugly. get black, silver, or red. But the green isnt as ugly as my uncles, he has a yellow 750il with yellow leather inside and yellow wood.

fast66
06-17-05, 02:48 AM
I think the xk is cheap from inside because I never liked those types of interiors. I prefer a futuristic look like the range or new 7 series. and I wouldnt get a bentley for the interior...Id get it for its stance from the outside and its presence infront of others.

Ralph
06-17-05, 02:54 AM
I think the xk is cheap from inside because I never liked those types of interiors. I prefer a futuristic look like the range or new 7 series. and I wouldnt get a bentley for the interior...Id get it for its stance from the outside and its presence infront of others.

OK, but that doesn't mean it's "cheap." ;) It's personal preference then. "Cheap" to me means paint flaking off buttons, dashes cracking or pre-maturely sun-fading, or switches falling off!

I have NEVER heard a Jag interior called that before, especially the new ones.

Opposite of "futuristic" = "Traditional."

Traditional = Jag interiors.

Playdrv4me
06-17-05, 02:55 AM
Yea I agree. The Jag interiors are a work of art. I especially like the generous use of large pieces of wood throughout the interior. Now that they are actually using a decent Navigation system it looks even better.

The only thing they could stand to improve is that J-Gate shifter, its quite annoying.

Ralph
06-17-05, 02:58 AM
I think the dark green is ugly. get black, silver, or red. But the green isnt as ugly as my uncles, he has a yellow 750il with yellow leather inside and yellow wood.

I would agree about the dark green. In general "dark" anything. My aunt has a dark charcoal colored 735il and it looks like something out of "The Road Warrior."

Playdrv4me
06-17-05, 02:59 AM

I definitely wont be doing another black BMW. For some reason their paint formulation seems to be EXTREMELY vulnerable to swirls in the black color. Its gotten better on the newer models but its still not up to the standards of MB or GM gloss and texture. I really dont know why but black either doesnt look great on some BMW's, or it looks terrific but ages too fast.

Red, white and Silver on the other hand look awesome on most BMW's.

The color I am looking at is not the dark green, its actually Anthracite which is just a dark grey. I like it because it hides dirt and gives you the glossyness of black without having to deal with the swirls. That Imola red actually attracts alot of attention as well... some of it possibly unwanted.

fast66
06-17-05, 03:01 AM
I heard cops pull you over more if you have a red car, so maybe it is a mistake to get one. THe only car I would ever get red is a ferrari, hopefully next year

Jesda
06-17-05, 08:26 AM
Nothing captures my heart like an XJR in british racing green. A 7 in red is hot though!

Randy_W
06-17-05, 08:41 AM
Jeez, I didn't know this was foriegn P.O.S., status symbol,"my Bimmer is better than your Jag", forum. I guess I mistakenly thought it had something to do with Cadillacs! PS; Just for fun why don't all you Bimmer and Jag owners post a pic of the registration cards, with your address blacked out of course. It would be nice to know who the real guys are and weed out the pretenders.:yup:

Playdrv4me
06-17-05, 10:56 AM
Watch it Randy... Inflammatory comments like that are completely un-necessary. Look up the definition for Troll and you'll see people genuinely frown upon it.

elwesso
06-17-05, 11:10 AM
I like that grey color...

The 740 is everything a performance luxury sedan should be, including giving unsuspecting owners headaches, which it does nicely!!!

I definitely wont be doing another black BMW. For some reason their paint formulation seems to be EXTREMELY vulnerable to swirls in the black color. Its gotten better on the newer models but its still not up to the standards of MB or GM gloss and texture. I really dont know why but black either doesnt look great on some BMW's, or it looks terrific but ages too fast.

Actually, most foreign paint jobs are superior to american paints because of our emissions rules.. THis is why you see old MBs and stuff with great paint but american cars with crappy paint that havent been cared for...

powerglide
06-17-05, 12:55 PM
XK and 7-sport are the two that are high on my list.....in fact the 2001 7 with Sport Package, Nav would be my choice.....Black exterior because that black rubber line that runs around the exterior is less visible (I think it makes it look dated)

Playdrv4me
06-17-05, 01:09 PM
XK and 7-sport are the two that are high on my list.....in fact the 2001 7 with Sport Package, Nav would be my choice.....Black exterior because that black rubber line that runs around the exterior is less visible (I think it makes it look dated)

Thats why I like the dark grey color, it isnt quite black but its dark enough to hide that ugly beltline nicely. If I got a red or white one I would definitely see if there was a way to get that professionally painted to match or something.

Randy_W
06-17-05, 01:55 PM
Watch it Randy... Inflammatory comments like that are completely un-necessary. Look up the definition for Troll and you'll see people genuinely frown upon it.

You know, for some reason when I posted, I thought I was in the non model specific forum!:canttalk:

I still mean it, though!:D

Elvis
06-17-05, 02:36 PM
Big Bimmers look really good in white.

So do big Jags.

Good luck on that 7. It's a really nice ride, hope you get it.

Stoneage_Caddy
06-17-05, 03:11 PM
barring being chasitzed by non enthusiasts i will have to say red looks very good on the 7 series ...but im still a fan of the iL with M wheels and in black ...v12 of course ..

but id rather have the jag , im still a british car lover ....Lucas electrics and all LOL ....

id like to have one of the last 12 cylander Vanden Plas cars , deep forest green with tan interior ....and a caterham/lotus 7 or a mini cooper (the original and right hand drive)

but i still love the caddy ...if you all will excuse me im going to now go out and drill holes int he sides of my car .....im gonna puke i bet ....but i really want to get those illuminated emblems on it

powerglide
06-17-05, 03:19 PM
if you all will excuse me im going to now go out and drill holes int he sides of my car .....im gonna puke i bet ....but i really want to get those illuminated emblems on it

Wo!!

Thats a big step.....good luck!

Ralph
06-17-05, 03:32 PM
....but i really want to get those illuminated emblems on it

C-pillar emblems?? I thought yours had them.

Elvis
06-17-05, 03:34 PM

That' would scare the crap out of me!!!

Ralph
06-17-05, 03:35 PM
Jeez, I didn't know this was foriegn P.O.S., status symbol,"my Bimmer is better than your Jag", forum. I guess I mistakenly thought it had something to do with Cadillacs! PS; Just for fun why don't all you Bimmer and Jag owners post a pic of the registration cards, with your address blacked out of course. It would be nice to know who the real guys are and weed out the pretenders.:yup:

WHAT!!!??? You mean this ISN'T the Jaguar is BETTER than BMW FORUM!!?? That's it! You've all been lying to me for almost 11,000 posts!!! I feel so betrayed. :sneaky: :D

Randy, if we never compared Cadillacs to other types of cars, how will we ever confirm that Cadillacs are still the best? :thumbsup: :shhh:

Ralph
06-17-05, 05:19 PM
Nothing captures my heart like an XJR in british racing green.

Nobody even knows they are "British" anymore. there is more Ford in them than anything. :shhh:

Still too dark. ;)

Stoneage_Caddy
06-17-05, 05:28 PM
yes but they dont lite up ....the ones i got were supposed to but i tested them and the dont work ....good thing i tested before i drilled ....that woulda sucked ...

so they are on the back burner for now , gotta find a diffrent way to get the working

powerglide
06-17-05, 05:31 PM
....the ones i got were supposed to but i tested them and the dont work ....good thing i tested before i drilled ....that woulda sucked ..

you dodged a bullet there!

Boombotz
06-17-05, 05:36 PM
yes but they dont lite up ....the ones i got were supposed to but i tested them and the dont work ....good thing i tested before i drilled ....that woulda sucked ...

so they are on the back burner for now , gotta find a diffrent way to get the working

This is the wife. I'm very curious to see what these things look like:hmm: . They sound cool. Can you get a picture from somewhere with them lit ?

Stoneage_Caddy
06-17-05, 06:41 PM
ill see what i can find ...they are neat ...cant wait to figure out how to make them work and get them in .....

Boombotz
06-17-05, 06:48 PM
OK great! Can't wait to see.:yup:

Ralph
06-17-05, 07:36 PM
ill see what i can find ...they are neat ...cant wait to figure out how to make them work and get them in .....

I think Tru5021983438 (ya know, Jacob) he had a pic of it lighted up at nightime if I recall, and he had a thread for it I think.

I've only bothered to look at mine once or so. I notice other people looking at them lit when I'm beside them at night.

Stoneage_Caddy
06-17-05, 07:46 PM
http://younggotti.no-ip.org/emblem/

there it is ....after seeing those pics im definatly modifying mine ..thats just WAY to dim

i now return you to your regulaly scheualed thread

Boombotz
06-17-05, 07:56 PM
Seems like a lot of work for something not so special. Maybe if I saw it in person I would be more impressed.

Stoneage_Caddy
06-17-05, 07:59 PM
yah it is alot fo work for what it is ..im not impressed either ....definately have to modfy mine

Boombotz
06-17-05, 08:00 PM
What could you do to modify it? I bet it would look cool with some fiber optic.

Stoneage_Caddy
06-17-05, 08:03 PM
What could you do to modify it? I bet it would look cool with some fiber optic.
im thinking along that line , or useing leds

Boombotz
06-17-05, 08:08 PM
Both would look good I sure, but they would take a hell of a lot of work. Might look really good though and be worth it. The expense probally wouldn't look that hot. I know fiber optic can cost a whole lot of $$$$.

Ralph
06-17-05, 08:27 PM
Interesting story. While at the Jag Volvo Dealership last Saturday taking these pics, I overheard a salesman telling a potential female buyer all about "How terrible Subaru engines are." He went on and on about something regarding a piston wall flaw or something, and I thought to myself, "what BS!" She obviously went in to take a look and at one point mentioned that she had a Subaru or was considering one in the future.

I've heard nothing but good things on how durable Subaru engines are, etc.

davesdeville
06-17-05, 08:41 PM
Like the salesman that told me he used to be a BMW tech. I thought "did you kill the manager or something? Cause you're selling used cars at a Kia dealership now dumbass." Or the guy who "owned a Park Ave just like this one but even older", even though this was a 91 which is the first year for the Park Ave model and that bodystyle.

Oh yeah, as for BMWs I'm not too impressed with any of them except the M3 I kinda like. They're the ultimate "me-too" yuppie car to me.

Ralph
06-17-05, 08:54 PM
Like the salesman that told me he used to be a BMW tech. I thought "did you kill the manager or something? Cause you're selling used cars at a Kia dealership now dumbass." Or the guy who "owned a Park Ave just like this one but even older", even though this was a 91 which is the first year for the Park Ave model and that bodystyle.

Yup. I hear ya. I don't think most salespeople realize that more than ever now, the consumer is more educated than ever before on the product BEFORE they walk into the showroom floor.

fast66
06-18-05, 12:15 AM
fine

fast66
06-18-05, 12:22 AM
fine

fast66
06-18-05, 12:28 AM
fine

Boombotz
06-18-05, 12:37 AM

fast66
06-18-05, 12:42 AM
fine

Boombotz
06-18-05, 12:52 AM

Playdrv4me
06-18-05, 01:44 AM
Actually, not that it is worth defending his comments, but I dont think Randy was calling YOU a foreign POS. He was talking about the vehicles were talking about, he was calling the BMW's and Jags foreign POS's, I dont think it was directed at you so much as me posting about BMW's in a Cadillac forum.

Just cool down, its not worth stooping to that level as already mentioned. Be happy your stable of vehicles is worth about 300,000.00 more than his :D

fast66
06-18-05, 06:44 AM
Actually, not that it is worth defending his comments, but I dont think Randy was calling YOU a foreign POS. He was talking about the vehicles were talking about, he was calling the BMW's and Jags foreign POS's, I dont think it was directed at you so much as me posting about BMW's in a Cadillac forum.

Just cool down, its not worth stooping to that level as already mentioned. Be happy your stable of vehicles is worth about 300,000.00 more than his :D
I guess he was talking about the vehicles. Sorry for whoever I bothered.

Randy_W
06-18-05, 09:08 AM
Gee guys, :chill: I just got back to this thread! No, I wasn't refering to anyone personally, just my opinion on the cars. Second, when I originally answered, I thought I was in a Non Model Specific forum, not the Lounge. I don't know any of you, though your posts do tell some things as do mine and all others. The comment about the registration cards, probably should not have been used. I have no reason to dislike any of you. I'm just narrow minded about imports, GO Caddy!!:D

Ya'll have a nice day, my Donzi's got 66 gals of 104 octane waiting for a run to Solomon's Island!:coolgleam :burn:

Playdrv4me
06-18-05, 03:24 PM
Gee guys, :chill: I just got back to this thread! No, I wasn't refering to anyone personally, just my opinion on the cars. Second, when I originally answered, I thought I was in a Non Model Specific forum, not the Lounge. I don't know any of you, though your posts do tell some things as do mine and all others. The comment about the registration cards, probably should not have been used. I have no reason to dislike any of you. I'm just narrow minded about imports, GO Caddy!!:D

Ya'll have a nice day, my Donzi's got 66 gals of 104 octane waiting for a run to Solomon's Island!:coolgleam :burn:

Its all good!! :bouncy:

Lets try to keep this thread on topic guys. I like to hear what yall have to say, but Id hate to have to close my own thread because it gets out hand.

Playdrv4me
06-18-05, 10:46 PM
Wow... they are stunners in white too!

http://images.autotrader.com/images/2005/6/1/183/581/1495170263.183581912.IM1.02.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

BeelzeBob
06-18-05, 11:53 PM
I love the old 7-series but I wouldn't buy one without a warranty. That's just me, though.

Ralph
06-18-05, 11:59 PM
Wow... they are stunners in white too!

http://images.autotrader.com/images/2005/6/1/183/581/1495170263.183581912.IM1.02.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

That does look good IMO. Much more classy. :thumbsup:

RealmCenter
06-19-05, 11:04 AM
PlayDrv,
It's actually a 4.2L not a 4.4, sorry for the late post. Just so everyone knows, my father in law who drove the black XJR some of you may be familiar with passed away on the 11th. He was diagnosed with terminal cancer about a month prior. We have a father's day get together today at my brother in law's and I don't know what it's going to be like without him there. He lit up a room when he came in and always guaranteed a good time would be had (he was my drinkin' buddy for all our familiy events). He was a many year Caddy owner until I turned him onto Jag's, he owned mostly Seville STSs and a few Eldos (all bought new) since the early '90s then switched to an XJ8 then an XJR. Anyone who had the pleasure of meeting him would appreciate what a loss this is.
Darren
P.S. sorry to everyone for the bummer of a post

Playdrv4me
06-19-05, 11:12 AM
Oops thats right... Jag is 4.2 and BMW is 4.4, I get em mixed up sometimes.

Im so sorry to hear about your FIL, it is never easy when a loved one is taken from us in such a small amount of time.

What kind did he have and how old was he? I remember you talking about him a couple of times. May he Rest in Peace.

RealmCenter
06-19-05, 11:26 AM
He was born on 12/7/41 (what are the odds of that eh?) 63 years old

Playdrv4me
06-24-05, 12:53 PM
My dealer buddy sent me some pics of the one Im looking at.

powerglide
06-24-05, 12:56 PM
Really nice....year/mileage?
What are they asking for it?

Playdrv4me
06-24-05, 01:52 PM
Its an 01 with 34k miles and 6yr/100k BMW Certified, I think Id be getting it for about 30.

It has pretty much every factory option except probably break resistant glass. It has the power rear sunshade and door shades, Parktronic and a few other things.

fast66
06-24-05, 02:09 PM
You are very lucky finding one still under warranty. I would take it but you still ahve to remeber you are buying an old style, and there are so many new cars you can get for $30K. Its a very tough choice, Its whatever you want and whatever you feel will suit your life best.

Why do you need break resitant glasss? I would just tint the whole thing a light shade and that would keep the glass together. The white is the best so far. Try to get it with the M wheels, they look the nicest on the 7 series.

Good luck, you will be happy just as long as it is your choice.

powerglide
06-24-05, 02:13 PM
Thats a good deal.....almost EXACTLTY the year/miles/warranty/options I was searching for!

Lucky you!

Playdrv4me
06-24-05, 03:14 PM
If I dont end up being able to get it ill give you all the info. My dealer is a good buddy and I still have to sell my truck to be able to do the deal, if I cant then its all yours if you dont find something else. It really is quite a steal.

powerglide
06-24-05, 06:45 PM
Cool beans! I await your call :-)

PS What happened to the old dude who was gonna buy your truck? Thought it was a done deal...

Boombotz
06-25-05, 12:25 AM
If I dont end up being able to get it ill give you all the info. My dealer is a good buddy and I still have to sell my truck to be able to do the deal, if I cant then its all yours if you dont find something else. It really is quite a steal.

How much for the truck. The Avalanche. If thats what your selling?

Ralph
06-25-05, 12:42 AM

So, would he give you a decent trade on the truck?? Prolly get more selling privately......

Playdrv4me
06-25-05, 01:42 PM
No thats what Im doing. Ive actually got a potential buyer in Maryland who is very interested in it. Id be selling the truck for 31 to him, and then carrying over the little bit extra I owe on the BMW. We would work it like a trade through my friends dealership so I wouldnt have to pay sales tax all over again on the BMW.

adam_mcd
06-25-05, 04:07 PM
i dunno...a euro-red on a 7 series? id only use natural colors for a 7 series. medium reds/yellows/blues make the car look smaller and sportier. damn perceptions.

Playdrv4me
07-07-05, 11:51 PM
Looks like 7 Car may have turned into X5 :hmm:

It will be just like this one, a 4.4i with 56k miles, 2001 Sport Package AWD of course

http://images.autotrader.com/images/2005/5/18/182/938/1463608400.182938689.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jp g

The difference being the X5 is about 4000.00 cheaper AND the coolest part, Ive been after my dealer buddy's Rolex Datejust watch for several months so he said he would throw it in to the deal for me and Id really basically only be paying about half of what its worth. He got all the original boxes, instructions, extra links and everything... heh, who woulda thought... a two fer one at a Car dealership :histeric:

http://www.mercwear.com/inelson/Rolex1.jpg

Ralph I thought youd get a kick out of that.

Theres a still a chance Ill get the 7 series, but I have alot to think about, as its significantly more expensive and Im not sure except for the mileage its really worth all that much over the X5 which technically is just as fast, and offers up more utility.

Boombotz
07-08-05, 12:23 AM
I had someone tell me yesterday to test drive a X5 and I would love it more then my Escalade. When I get a chance I will have to see. He was very serious about his statement.

Well it sound's like you got a deal of a lifetime there with the watch throw in.
I always say if someone gives your a present after you purchase something from them it means you paid to much for it. It means the received enough money to get you something. Just my thoughts. I'm sure he's not taking loss.

Playdrv4me
07-08-05, 12:42 AM
Oh no Im definitely paying for the watch, but Id be paying less for the watch AND the X5 than I would have been for the 740. If I get the 740 I cant afford to get his watch from him, and Id still be paying more.

Thats why Im saying, I just dont know if all that extra money for the 7 series is worth it.

Short of a 4.6 or 4.8is, I wouldnt bother driving an X5 if I were you, the Escalade has more class, more space and more power. I just really like BMW's and I miss the driving feel of them.

illumina
07-08-05, 12:47 AM
I've been eyeballing those 323i's ever since Play mentioned them in another thread, and he's right: they are a great value for the '99 era models...Just still a little high for me at the moment.

powerglide
07-08-05, 01:35 AM
.........my time is afoot!

Waiting quietly.....

Playdrv4me
07-08-05, 01:42 AM
Hehe, Youll be the first to know if I dont get it!

Ralph
07-08-05, 04:16 AM
Forget the X5 and just get the Rolex. ;)

I like the "Turn 0 Graph" model myself. :drinker

Those are the same colors as my Tissot!

powerglide
07-08-05, 12:50 PM
I never wear my rolex unless I am going out to impress (which is almost never)......it draws some weird stares from co-workers.

Randy_W
07-08-05, 01:28 PM
I have a Submariner that I bought in 1980 when I was still diving a lot. I wouldn't trade it for a BMW!:rolleyes2

Playdrv4me
07-08-05, 01:58 PM
Submariner is what I actually want, but not possible right now. Who said anything about trading it for a BMW?

mccombie_5
07-08-05, 02:06 PM
i got a Yachtmaster, ruby dial, a year or so ago..........got it at auction, was brand new and had never been worn, shoudla been about 15k i paid 6k :bouncy:

Wear it very occasionally....waste really but for that price who cares :D

Randy_W
07-08-05, 10:43 PM
Who said anything about trading it for a BMW?

Me!:D

Playdrv4me
07-10-05, 06:11 PM
Well, Ive had yet another guy offer me a trade scenario...

One of these and 20 grand, basing on my price of 29-30 for my truck. I think my brother might want the Stingray, the Blazer I dont think is worth that much except for whatever work was done to it...

This is a 1976 Stingray, original motor with 109k on it. Car has apparently won a few awards and the interior seats and dash are basically perfect, though the carpet is a little discolored, and it needs an AC Compressor.
http://www.mercwear.com/inelson/Stingray.jpg

1990 Blazer. I dont know the particulars of this but unfortunately this has no book value and Id probably only give him 5 or 6k worth of credit for it because of that. I doubt I could get 10 out of it.
http://www.mercwear.com/inelson/Blazer1.jpg

Ralph
07-10-05, 06:15 PM
OMG that's a nice Stingray!!! Reminds me of that re-painted greenish one I could have bought last month when I found that car lot north of town. But the interior was crappy. It and the white Deville coupe have been sold. :( and now he has a nice '69 restored RoadRunner for sale.

Do you REALLY want that Blazer? It would be such a gas-pig!

Playdrv4me
07-10-05, 06:16 PM
Oh, no its one or the other. Im thinking Stingray is the only one even halfway worth it. He has the original wheels for the Stingray as well.

My dealer buddy told me that book out on that 76 is between 4500 on the low end to 11000 on the high end, and I dont know if he was just being snooty but he said to get 10 or 11 youd need a perfect numbers matching car with low mileage and perfect in every way, not even a repaint. And all original of course.

Ralph
07-10-05, 06:28 PM
Oh, no its one or the other. Im thinking Stingray is the only one even halfway worth it. He has the original wheels for the Stingray as well.

My dealer buddy told me that book out on that 76 is between 4500 on the low end to 11000 on the high end, and I dont know if he was just being snooty but he said to get 10 or 11 youd need a perfect numbers matching car with low mileage and perfect in every way, not even a repaint. And all original of course.

I think that guy wanted $8500 for that green Stingray last month and only the exterior was in excellent condition. That might equate to around $7000 U.S. or so. Maybe your friend isn't too far off with values. I would have thought it might be worth more if one is all orig. and perfect condition...

slk230mb
07-10-05, 06:35 PM
Ian, I think you need to own a used car lot, that way you can drive whatever you please. :lildevil: :hide: But honestly, the Stingray is nice, but I think you should still go for the 7. That's the one car you keep going back too, so just get one.

Boombotz
07-10-05, 06:39 PM
Get the X5. with the Rolex.

Playdrv4me
07-10-05, 06:44 PM
LOL

Ok I think I should probably explain what Im doing here.

Ive had LOTS of offers for my truck, but 99 percent of them have been people who have something ELSE they want to trade, either because they still have a loan on it, or because they dont want to pay 30 for my truck.

So I have to evaluate these trades and see whether its something I could work into the deal for the 7 car, or as Boombotz mentioned, the X5. In THIS case my brother MIGHT buy that Stingray, the Stingray owner would then get my truck and Id get 10k from my brother for the Stingray. Then Ive got the 30 grand I need to complete my 7 Car purchase.

mccombie_5
07-10-05, 06:57 PM
sounds very complicated man, but if you can work it why the hell not eh?

that truck is nice....... whats the actual value?

slk230mb
07-10-05, 07:07 PM
LOL

Ok I think I should probably explain what Im doing here.

Ive had LOTS of offers for my truck, but 99 percent of them have been people who have something ELSE they want to trade, either because they still have a loan on it, or because they dont want to pay 30 for my truck.

So I have to evaluate these trades and see whether its something I could work into the deal for the 7 car, or as Boombotz mentioned, the X5. In THIS case my brother MIGHT buy that Stingray, the Stingray owner would then get my truck and Id get 10k from my brother for the Stingray. Then Ive got the 30 grand I need to complete my 7 Car purchase.

Ok. :bonkers:

Ralph
07-11-05, 01:33 AM
Did your brother get that 3 series you had?

Playdrv4me
07-11-05, 01:39 AM
No I traded that in along time ago, on the first 7 series I had.

powerglide
07-12-05, 04:27 PM
Ian, I think you need to own a used car lot, that way you can drive whatever you please. :lildevil: :hide: But honestly, the Stingray is nice, but I think you should still go for the 7. That's the one car you keep going back too, so just get one.

Agreed. I hate to say it but I think you should go with the 7. The stingray/blazer etc are too complex and these old cars....I smell trouble. The X5 is good I suppose but I think the 7 is such a flagship.

mccombie_5
07-12-05, 05:02 PM
those model 7s are good cars. I dont particularly like the bangle model, but the one on your signature is the kind i like. If it was credible i would consider one, unfortunately my next car must be new or very nearly new.
If thats what you want go for it

airbalancer
07-12-05, 05:26 PM
Saw a 645 CI ragtop today , it was nice.
Get one of those

Playdrv4me
07-12-05, 06:16 PM
LOL, yes AB I have 85000.00 to spend on a car...

I wish! ;)

mccombie_5
07-12-05, 06:27 PM
LOL yes hang on im going to get a maybach tomorrow. ill sell my house. joking.

airbalancer
07-12-05, 10:23 PM
LOL, yes AB I have 85000.00 to spend on a car...

I wish! ;)
$110,000 up here plus 15% taxes :crying2:

Playdrv4me
07-15-05, 06:17 AM
Heres a couple of pictures of the X5... Its a tough choice, this X5 has some nice upgrades like the sporty running boards, and its got 20" Wheels from X5 4.6is...

http://images.getauto.com/vehicles/WBAF/WBAFB33531LH24536-2.jpg

http://images.getauto.com/vehicles/WBAF/WBAFB33531LH24536-1.jpg

davesdeville
07-15-05, 07:41 AM
Now that I think about it I don't think I've ever seen an X5 on the roads here. I'd go with a 7 series, much more classy than an X5.

Playdrv4me
07-15-05, 08:07 AM
Its weird, X5's are common in some places and virtually non-existant in others. The advantage of the X5 over the 740, is that if I end up getting stuck up here in the Northeast for another Winter, I could REEEAALLY use the AWD on it. Regardless of the fact that the thing practically has racing slicks on it, the AWD DOES help.

I guess the biggest thing I cant get over is the fact that it has 56k on the clock and for a Cadillac/Lexus/Mercedes that would be less bothersome to me than on a BMW for some reason. If you buy a low mileage BMW and take CARE of it, then you can expect a long and good life out of it. But by 60k miles if it wasnt taken care of, its pretty much done at this point, ESPECIALLY with the V8. The I6 is bulletproof, but as we saw with my last 740iL, the V8 doesnt like abuse.

airbalancer
07-15-05, 08:38 AM
Play , get an X5 if you want to look like a rich *itch soccer mom,
Get a CTS and buy a house

Playdrv4me
07-15-05, 08:51 AM
Play , get an X5 if you want to look like a rich *itch soccer mom,
Get a CTS and buy a house

Hey! I thought you were my BMW buddy here?? What gives? ;)

Hehe. Id like to have a house, but Id like to have a significant other and settled somewhere I WANT to live first. Unless its a "V" however, Im not too jazzed about a CTS.

powerglide
07-15-05, 12:21 PM
........yeah thats good looking X5 though......

airbalancer
07-15-05, 02:52 PM
Hey! I thought you were my BMW buddy here?? What gives? ;)

Hehe. Id like to have a house, but Id like to have a significant other and settled somewhere I WANT to live first. Unless its a "V" however, Im not too jazzed about a CTS.
:rolleyes: I was going to say get an M3 or E46 , but I throw in CTS to be cadillac correct.
if you bought a really fixer upper, you would still be ahead in the long run then renting. You can have flop house all over the country! :lildevil:
And rent them to the young members here when they get kick out of the house.
But where would you want to live?

Playdrv4me
07-15-05, 02:56 PM
Thats a good question...

Tops on my list right now... (because Im familiar with some of these places)

Tampa, FL

Brea/Anaheim, CA

Anywhere in Arizona

Wichita, KS

Not consequentially, these are all places I can go with my job as well.

Ralph
07-15-05, 04:39 PM
That's a nice looking X5.

They are fairly common here, more than Escalades, but not as common as Explorers. :eek:

Playdrv4me
07-15-05, 04:42 PM
Well I called my buddy and we talked about it. Im less confident now in the X5 even than I was before. He said the mirror vibrates a bit.... ok. He cant get the secondary part of the censer console open, and the wheel doesnt track straight when you drive it.

Unless I get to drive that one first its pretty much out of the running now. Those are exactly the kind of little things that happen to cars that arent taken care of.

Ralph
07-15-05, 04:52 PM
Well I called my buddy and we talked about it. Im less confident now in the X5 even than I was before. He said the mirror vibrates a bit.... ok. He cant get the secondary part of the censer console open, and the wheel doesnt track straight when you drive it.

Unless I get to drive that one first its pretty much out of the running now. Those are exactly the kind of little things that happen to cars that arent taken care of.

WOW, good thing he is being honest with you about all the little glitches. I don't think they would be with anyone else. :shhh:

At least you can bide your time and wait for the "right" vehicle that appeals to you.

powerglide
07-15-05, 04:55 PM
Yeah.....most of the time when I point out stuff like that, I get: "they're all like that"

There's plenty of X5's out there to choose from.....why not look into a Cayenne while you're at it :-)

Playdrv4me
07-15-05, 04:57 PM
Well no I mean the car I WANT IS the 7. But until I can get the right money for my truck, I cant get into the 7. Ill just have to continue waiting :(

The X5 would just be a little easier to get into because I wouldnt have to get as much for my truck. Im shooting for 29 on my truck right now.

Stay Tuned to "Ian's Car world"

Ralph
07-15-05, 05:00 PM
Ians "Car World" should still consider a beautiful XJ8. :suspect:

powerglide
07-15-05, 05:01 PM
How are you selling it? Is it up in autotrader (online, print)?

I need to sell my buddy's Volvo 855 R.........any takers (97, Wagon, blk/blk :-)

majax
07-15-05, 05:04 PM
Ian should get your friends Volvo wagon and start a family!

Playdrv4me
07-15-05, 05:15 PM
How are you selling it? Is it up in autotrader (online, print)?

I need to sell my buddy's Volvo 855 R.........any takers (97, Wagon, blk/blk :-)

Its a tough market for these gas guzzling contraptions right now...

To answer your question...

Its in Autotrader Online, Ebay, Chevy Avalanche Fan Club and I have a For Sale sign on it. This is when I RESENT domestics, when its time to SELL them. Every Tom, Dick and Joe tries to jew you down like its a frieken streetside fishmarket. The Employee Discount isnt helping either.

Ralph, Id love an XJ8 but Id rather have an XJR, over and above that, they have the same problem as the domestics, their value drops like a turd after thanksgiving dinner.

fast66
07-17-05, 07:54 AM
my buddy in Detroit is selling his blue 02 3.0 x5. I think 30,000 mi 4.6 rims, and exhaust going for $35,000. pm me if your interested, if not Get the damn 7 series already :D

powerglide
07-17-05, 07:59 AM

Its in Autotrader Online, Ebay, Chevy Avalanche Fan Club and I have a For Sale sign on it. This is when I RESENT domestics, when its time to SELL them. Every Tom, Dick and Joe tries to jew you down like its a frieken streetside fishmarket. The Employee Discount isnt helping either.

Ralph, Id love an XJ8 but Id rather have an XJR, over and above that, they have the same problem as the domestics, their value drops like a turd after thanksgiving dinner.

Yeah the timing isn't great for a guzzler thats for sure.

BTW I think the statemtn 'jew you down' is a bit offensive to some folks....not to get into a big thing here, just an FYI.

powerglide
07-17-05, 08:00 AM
my buddy in Detroit is selling his blue 02 3.0 x5. I think 30,000 mi 4.6 rims, and exhaust going for $35,000. pm me if your interested, if not Get the damn 7 series already :D

my buddy just traded his 02 4.6 for a Cayenne Turbo.....he only got 23000$ for his X5! Amazing depreciation on these thingies.

RobertCTS
07-17-05, 08:02 AM
Will the REAL 7 step forward.

The Lotus Super 7:bouncy:

http://shin.twincle.net/kanphoto2/kanphoto353.jpg

fast66
07-17-05, 08:13 AM
my buddy just traded his 02 4.6 for a Cayenne Turbo.....he only got 23000$ for his X5! Amazing depreciation on these thingies.

What $23000!! man tell him he is crazy to let go of a 4.6 for that price, I would have bought it for $24k :D The only reason I could think he would trade it in for that price is that he is a big porsche fan, oooh I love those cars. It gives me shakes when I say porsche...oooohhh hehehe

powerglide
07-17-05, 08:22 AM
What $23000!! man tell him he is crazy to let go of a 4.6 for that price, I would have bought it for $24k :D The only reason I could think he would trade it in for that price is that he is a big porsche fan, oooh I love those cars. It gives me shakes when I say porsche...oooohhh hehehe

Oh yeah I was pissed he didn't tell me first and I would have pais 23,001 for it!
He didn't give a F...all he could think of was his brand new Turbo. (It was a company car so he didn't care what he paid or what he got for it....lucky bastard!)

Playdrv4me
07-17-05, 04:44 PM

Thats absolutely absurd, he could have sold that thing on ebay regardless of mileage for at least 28000. All he would have had to do is slap a buy it now on it and it would have been gone in 15 minutes. Then again some people have so much dough they simply dont care. A guy offered me 23 for my truck the other day and I just about laughed him off the face of the planet. I could TRADE IT IN and get more trade in value for it, at least 27.

As far as the "jew" thing, I suppose that was a little off color, Im usually good at picking that stuff up but I missed it. I think weve agreed around here based on that huge political correctness forum a while back that people are far too sensitive about those things these days. I apologize though I certainly didnt mean any harm.

Randy_W
07-17-05, 08:41 PM
:yawn: :yawn:

Boombotz
07-17-05, 08:55 PM

Yes I thought that would be a little offensive, But it is true, They are very smart with there money, thats why they have it. I happen to grow up with a lot of them in my old town.

Playdrv4me
07-17-05, 09:17 PM
:yawn: :yawn:

Nobody ASKED YOU to read or reply to this thread. If it bores you... STAY THE HELL OUT OF IT. :rolleyes:

I really hate doing that because I for one grew up respecting those older than me regardless of what the circumstance, however your posts are getting more and more childish as time passes and I have no choice but to respond in kind. Butting into a thread where people are clearly having a conversation and inserting to yawning smilies so as to say "your thread is boring me and I dont give a shit about this topic" is about as childish as it gets.

mccombie_5
07-17-05, 09:22 PM
How come youre having trouble selling your truck playdrv? i thought those things weere in demand

Ralph
07-17-05, 09:26 PM
I think weve agreed around here based on that huge political correctness forum a while back that people are far too sensitive about those things these days.

I AGREE!

Playdrv4me
07-17-05, 09:34 PM
How come youre having trouble selling your truck playdrv? i thought those things weere in demand

Yes and no... YES overall SUVs and large GM trucks in particular are very popular, but this isnt the time of year that is best to sell them (in the winter they sell like hotcakes) AND when you add the cost of fuel right now it DOESNT help.

mccombie_5
07-17-05, 09:38 PM
Thats a good point I suppose everyone wants a convertible right now. Would it hurt so much to wait until winter? You might get more for it and the beemer at a lower price

Playdrv4me
07-17-05, 10:29 PM
I AGREE!

Hehe, I think any of us who watch Family Guy on even a semi-regular basis can attest to that! :sneaky:

fast66
07-18-05, 01:22 AM
This sunday's one was out of control@!@!

Randy_W
07-18-05, 08:44 AM
Nobody ASKED YOU to read or reply to this thread. If it bores you... STAY THE HELL OUT OF IT. :rolleyes:

I really hate doing that because I for one grew up respecting those older than me regardless of what the circumstance, however your posts are getting more and more childish as time passes and I have no choice but to respond in kind. Butting into a thread where people are clearly having a conversation and inserting to yawning smilies so as to say "your thread is boring me and I dont give a shit about this topic" is about as childish as it gets.

Easy Playboy!!! I was just having a little fun with you, sense of humor and all that, you know? I just happened past and saw the thread still going and thought I'd rib you a little, don't get excited. :cool:

RobertCTS
07-18-05, 09:42 AM

What?:confused: A yawn pi$$es you off? It's just a friggin' icon. Moderators need more temprament than that. This is lounge after all. :)

Playdrv4me
07-18-05, 11:08 AM
What?:confused: A yawn pi$$es you off? It's just a friggin' icon. Moderators need more temprament than that. This is lounge after all. :)

Robert, a yawn does not piss me off, in fact for most members I would have whizzed right by that and not given so much as a second thought about it, however without getting into unnecessary detail, this is a case where I feel my response was warranted. I can not speak to it any further than that.

Thanks.
Ian.

RobertCTS
07-18-05, 11:59 AM
Robert, a yawn does not piss me off, in fact for most members I would have whizzed right by that and not given so much as a second thought about it, however without getting into unnecessary detail, this is a case where I feel my response was warranted. I can not speak to it any further than that.
Thanks.
Ian.

Ian,
I'm beginning to understand now. I frequent the CTS Forum but love to visit the lounge. There are a couple members in the CTS Forum that were always getting me upset..to a point that I put them on the Forum "Ignore List". Unfortunately as a Moderator you don't have that liberty.

Vice President Hubert Humprey had a sign in latin on his desk. Translated it said, "Don't let the Bastards grind you down!":yup:

Randy_W
07-18-05, 01:19 PM
Robert, what he means is, I often dissagree with him. Apparently that pisses him off. I don't seem to have that problem on Chevy Talk, (a much larger forum than this), or the Dodge truck forums or the Pontiac and G-body forums. Mostley it's just here and usually with the same guy.
I meant absolutly no offense with the yawn remarks, but there seems to be a distinct shortage in the humor department sometimes.

I'll say this Playboy, you buy and drive what you please, I sure will. As long as you're not spreading BS about something near and dear to me, I'll just ignore your posts. If, however, you or anyone else does, I'll comment. Is that fair?
:)

powerglide
07-18-05, 01:22 PM
This sunday's one was out of control@!@!

OMG I couldn't believe it, I wish I had taped it!

That thing with Peter doing stand-up comedy for terminally ill kids was off the hook just like the HIV/Aids song he did a few epsiodes ago.

Playdrv4me
07-18-05, 01:42 PM
Robert, what he means is, I often dissagree with him. Apparently that pisses him off. I don't seem to have that problem on Chevy Talk, (a much larger forum than this), or the Dodge truck forums or the Pontiac and G-body forums. Mostley it's just here and usually with the same guy.
I meant absolutly no offense with the yawn remarks, but there seems to be a distinct shortage in the humor department sometimes.

I'll say this Playboy, you buy and drive what you please, I sure will. As long as you're not spreading BS about something near and dear to me, I'll just ignore your posts. If, however, you or anyone else does, I'll comment. Is that fair?
:)

Randy I have a sense of humor, and if I didnt care I would have ignored you along time ago. I dont go into your threads and cause the same kind of havoc and I only expect the same kind of respect from you. The kind of remarks you make are specifically designed to rile people up and are almost ALWAYS negative. Even when I make negative posts about something, I make sure to point out the possible good in the situation, and when I AM negative about something its because I fervently believe in whatever it is. I hadly call that spreading BS... it aint BS if its true is it?

I have nothing against you, I will try to take your posts more lightly as well.

On a side note, its funny you call me Playboy... my brother gave me that same nickname at one point and I have no idea why. I can only wish it were true!

RobertCTS
07-18-05, 01:50 PM
On a side note, its funny you call me Playboy... my brother gave me that same nickname at one point and I have no idea why. I can only wish it were true!

I think it's your avatar. Who's the chick?:hmm: At first I thought it might be you but then you would be a Play Girl.:) The diet tag also sounded femine. Ut oh, now I'm gonna piss you off.:D

mccombie_5
07-18-05, 02:14 PM
Thats Avril Lavigne....

RobertCTS
07-18-05, 02:26 PM
Thats Avril Lavigne....

A model? I notice several of you Lounge Lizards likes to post your chicks. Ralph really get carried away.:D

powerglide
07-18-05, 02:29 PM
She's a singer.

mccombie_5
07-18-05, 02:32 PM
Canadian Rock/Punk/insert genre here babe

RobertCTS
07-18-05, 02:49 PM
My pick woulda been Marilyn.
http://www.maximum-ink.com/i/MARILYN-MANSON-11-2000-250PIX.jpg

mccombie_5
07-18-05, 02:53 PM
he looks dead. Avril is much easier on the eye ;)

RobertCTS
07-18-05, 02:59 PM
he looks dead. ;)

He looks dead!!?:jawdrop:

mccombie_5
07-18-05, 03:05 PM
LOL

fast66
07-18-05, 03:57 PM
Avril is cute, needs to take off some of that black makeup, I would rather have Hillary Duff or her sister from the ice breaker commercial. Its liquid...no its ice. haha

mccombie_5
07-18-05, 04:02 PM
Nah I'd take Avril just as she is :D Shes on in my car at the moment.

Randy_W
07-18-05, 04:19 PM
Randy I have a sense of humor, and if I didnt care I would have ignored you along time ago. I dont go into your threads and cause the same kind of havoc and I only expect the same kind of respect from you. The kind of remarks you make are specifically designed to rile people up and are almost ALWAYS negative. Even when I make negative posts about something, I make sure to point out the possible good in the situation, and when I AM negative about something its because I fervently believe in whatever it is. I hadly call that spreading BS... it aint BS if its true is it?

I have nothing against you, I will try to take your posts more lightly as well.

I call you Playboy because I'm an old southern boy from NC, we have nicknames for everybody, just part of the culture.:yawn: I mean :) !

RobertCTS
07-18-05, 04:23 PM
Nah I'd take Avril just as she is :D Shes on in my car at the moment.

If I had to pick a sexy singer she would be my choice. Know who she is?
http://aldo063.free.fr/26%20septembre2003/faith%20hill/pic030921-02014.jpg

Playdrv4me
07-18-05, 04:26 PM
Well everyone walking by my desk now thinks Ian is up to something... Thanks Robert!!! lol

I like Avril cause shes different and has an attitude, I think that makes her cute even though shes trying to be all rebellious.

RobertCTS
07-18-05, 04:34 PM
Well everyone walking by my desk now thinks Ian is up to something... Thanks Robert!!! lol

I like Avril cause shes different and has an attitude, I think that makes her cute even though shes trying to be all rebellious.

FAITH IS A KITTEN AND AVRIL IS A TIGER. I get no pleasure from pain anymore.

mccombie_5
07-18-05, 04:53 PM
No RobertCTS I don'y know who that is. I think i will play the "im too old" card :D who is it? and yeah shes hot. Avrils hotter :D for the reasons playdrv said

RobertCTS
07-18-05, 04:58 PM
No RobertCTS I don'y know who that is. I think i will play the "im too old" card :D who is it? and yeah shes hot. Avrils hotter :D for the reasons playdrv said

The singer, Faith Hill. You're not to old to notice those long legs are you?:D

Another pic
http://www.collectr.com/ce/images/cphillf.jpg

mccombie_5
07-18-05, 05:06 PM
I am when my wife is around :D but i agree thats some nice.....erm.......what was i saying?

RobertCTS
07-18-05, 06:05 PM
I am when my wife is around :D but i agree thats some nice.....erm.......what was i saying?

Faith has a song called "This Kiss" Makes me pucker every time:bouncy: I've been over the hill twice but I still adore lovely women!:thumbsup:
Faith is a cross-over artist in Pop & Country. Probably not well played in England.

mccombie_5
07-18-05, 06:09 PM
Yes, I'm in my second marraige also... I was very young and very stupid. Well if my wife can ogle guys i can ogle good women :D as long as i dont touch ;)

RobertCTS
07-18-05, 06:16 PM
Yes, I'm in my second marraige also... I was very young and very stupid. Well if my wife can ogle guys i can ogle good women :D as long as i dont touch ;)

I'm into my 3rd. 1st one died on me. The 2nd was to much like me and I couldn't stand her. Been with the 3rd for 10 years. She's a NASCAR buff and a car nut. She has a Magnum Hemi. Familiar with the car. We're getting along great until she say my Hemi can whip your ass!:p

mccombie_5
07-18-05, 06:20 PM
You got a guddun there man! A Magnum Hemi? I'm going to have to see my wife about her DHS.....maybe she wants a Monaro.....

RobertCTS
07-18-05, 06:26 PM
You got a guddun there man! A Magnum Hemi? I'm going to have to see my wife about her DHS.....maybe she wants a Monaro.....

I likes the looks of the Nissan Menaro but not a challenge to the wife's Hemi. But then with the price of gas. it may be the wife who is cryin':crybaby: :crying2:

mccombie_5
07-18-05, 06:29 PM
I likes the looks of the Nissan Menaro but not a challenge to the wife's Hemi. But then with the price of gas. it may be the wife who is cryin':crybaby: :crying2:

Sorry, I meant the Holden/Vauxhall Monaro. Pontiac GTO?
I can see why you might have problems with the hemi.... but my wifes N* is pretty thirsty anyway

RobertCTS
07-18-05, 06:32 PM
Sorry, I meant the Holden/Vauxhall Monaro. Pontiac GTO?
I can see why you might have problems with the hemi.... but my wifes N* is pretty thirsty anyway

Oh, the aussie car? Familar with the manufacturer. Owned by GM I think.

mccombie_5
07-18-05, 06:36 PM
Yes.... Holden.... but you guys get it as the GTO we get it as the Vauxhall Monaro....all GM. 5.7/6.0 V8

RobertCTS
07-18-05, 06:52 PM
Yes.... Holden.... but you guys get it as the GTO we get it as the Vauxhall Monaro....all GM. 5.7/6.0 V8

Does Vauxall offer the Chevy V8? Probably not.

mccombie_5
07-18-05, 07:04 PM
As in a model or engine? If it's engine the 5.7 (i think) is the chevy engine

Playdrv4me
07-18-05, 07:33 PM
Boy thats funny. The big noise over here was the 5.7 V8 shoehorned into the Holden Monaro to make it to the "GTO" of today. The 5.7 has been a standard offering across the pond for awhile I guess. Id imagine the 6.0 V8 is also the same as the 6.0L Vortec V8 we have here as well.

mccombie_5
07-18-05, 07:41 PM
The 5.7 was offered since the Monaro was introduced. The 6.0 was recently introduced as the 6.0 VXR version. It's over 170 mph according to the brochure...

Playdrv4me
07-20-05, 07:16 PM
Alright so heres a question...

Ive been possibly offered an additional discount on the X5...

If I could get the X5, the watch, AND a 2yr, 24k mile extended warranty on the X5, for the same or less than the 740 even given its niggling little issues, how would that tilt the decision in its favor?

Wed then basically come down to the fact that the X5 has 26k miles more than the 740, but with 2yrs and 24k of warranty would actually have more time left warranty-wise than the 740. And quite frankly, with the 740 Id have to put down some money to get it even or a little more than the X5, the X5 is a no money out of pocket proposition.

Tough.

http://images.getauto.com/vehicles/WBAG/WBAGG83431DN86112-1.jpg

http://images.getauto.com/vehicles/WBAF/WBAFB33531LH24536-2.jpg

mccombie_5
07-20-05, 07:19 PM
I'd still get the 7, it's more exclusive and its going to be a better fuel economy, its nicer looking, and its the enxt class up from the X

powerglide
07-20-05, 07:28 PM
I agree.....the 7 is just a better car altogether...but that warranty is nice.
Can you get an extended warranty thrown in on the 7?

Playdrv4me
07-20-05, 07:34 PM
The fuel economy thing was kinda scary actually. My dealer buddy has been driving it around and he said he doesnt get any better gas mileage than he does in Denali!!

The 7 is nicer, better condition, and better fuel economy. The X is more versatile and honestly a little more modern looking.

I could get an Extended warranty on the 7 but wouldnt do so til the CPO warranty was over.

mccombie_5
07-20-05, 07:43 PM
This is just a point, and is semi hypocritical to me, originally people baught trucks to be different....now everyone has a truck...buy the sedan and stand out, I can assure you the 7 will get more respect from everyone than the X, the X may be more modern, but i think you might prefer the 7 from what i can hear....

Playdrv4me
07-22-05, 05:36 PM
And speaking of Goats...

He has this one for cheep as a cheap alternative... 04, 1836 miles. Its listed for 24000, wholesale is probably like 21 or something.

http://images.getauto.com/vehicles/6G2V/6G2VX12G74L272171-1.jpg

http://images.getauto.com/vehicles/6G2V/6G2VX12G74L272171-4.jpg

mccombie_5
07-22-05, 06:26 PM
I've driven one of those! although the one i drove had vauxhall written on it, it was like lightning...

Playdrv4me
07-31-05, 09:03 PM
Well im in Wichita right now. I may actually not be getting the 7 anymore, but they recently got a 2002 525i that is in terrific shape and has all the options I care about. Truthfully, the 5 Series also looks less aged than the 7. Well see what happens. Whatever happens, the Av is now officially GONE and on its way to Arizona, so Ill be leaving with something, even if its my moms Hyundai! :jawdrop:

mccombie_5
07-31-05, 09:06 PM
Well im in Wichita right now. I may actually not be getting the 7 anymore, but they recently got a 2002 525i that is in terrific shape and has all the options I care about. Truthfully, the 5 Series also looks less aged than the 7. Well see what happens. Whatever happens, the Av is now officially GONE and on its way to Arizona, so Ill be leaving with something, even if its my moms Hyundai! :jawdrop:

Good luck. I had a 97 540i, and would still be driving it had it not been stolen. Anyway, i would recommend thats style 5 series, it is a good looking car, and was at the top of its class for many years. Stay away from they Hyundai!

Randy_W
08-01-05, 08:37 AM
And speaking of Goats...

He has this one for cheep as a cheap alternative... 04, 1836 miles. Its listed for 24000, wholesale is probably like 21 or something.

http://images.getauto.com/vehicles/6G2V/6G2VX12G74L272171-1.jpg

http://images.getauto.com/vehicles/6G2V/6G2VX12G74L272171-4.jpg

Once you go Pontiac, you won't go back!!!:D

RobertCTS
08-01-05, 09:03 AM

That's a girlie pink interior!:o

Randy_W
08-01-05, 01:09 PM
When you see it in person it's very red! I drove one that was red with red interior, it doesn't look pink at all. Really it wouldn't look that bad if you could get a burgundy car with pink interior, I mean if you were gay.:D

RobertCTS
08-01-05, 01:22 PM
When you see it in person it's very red! I drove one that was red with red interior, it doesn't look pink at all. Really it wouldn't look that bad if you could get a burgundy car with pink interior, I mean if you were gay.:D

The new 2006 CTS with blackberry(purple) would be chick with pink!:D

Playdrv4me
08-02-05, 07:58 PM

Randy, I ALMOST got the GTO... It was just an issue of financing but it was a really hot little ride. It was certainly a car I could easily get used to.

For now I ended up just grabbing my moms car since it was sitting there, you know, all free and all, and I bought my buddies Rolex from him too.

Still might get the 7 but the owner of it got very finnicky lately and caused us alot of problems. So you will all be happy to know I have my buddy sniffing out the trail of a 1998 Mark VIII LSC.

Jesda
08-03-05, 09:34 AM
Still might get the 7 but the owner of it got very finnicky lately and caused us alot of problems. So you will all be happy to know I have my buddy sniffing out the trail of a 1998 Mark VIII LSC.

*applause*

Among my favorite cars of the 90s. Cream interior, satin white, chrome... mmmmm... or black/black/black.