: Hopefully My Last Post on Idle

DopeStar 156
06-15-05, 10:51 PM
's not the fuel line, 's not the fuel (93 Octane), 's not the air filter, 's not the plugs or wires, 's not the vacuum line (Replaced broken line) The car runs better, but not as well as it used to. I'm just about out of ideas here. I think I'm just going to have the idle kicked up Tuesday when I go for an oil change. Any objections? Thoughts? The idle is still low and sometimes stalls when you put it in gear. Not often, but sometimes.

N0DIH
06-16-05, 08:21 PM
ISC not working at all? It should never die with that extended.

Take a look at the ISC (The canister that has the little arm that can idle up the throttle).

If you pull the vacuum hose off, it should rev to 1500-3000 rpm. It is heavy spring loaded.

DopeStar 156
06-17-05, 12:49 AM
Will the ISC lower the idle if the vac line has been disconnected? Does it have to be reset or something?

N0DIH
06-17-05, 01:16 AM
No, much higher. Pull the hose off and it should rev up.

Sounds like a vacuum hose maybe wired wrong, like direct to the vacuum ball. Which it would allow this condition

N0DIH
06-17-05, 01:20 AM
Sounds like vacuum ckts are messed up still. Can you send some good pictures of the vacuum hose routing with the air cleaner off? I know them fairly well.

Do you have a FSM? (I don't remember if I asked before)

DopeStar 156
06-18-05, 12:06 AM
Sounds like vacuum ckts are messed up still. Can you send some good pictures of the vacuum hose routing with the air cleaner off? I know them fairly well.

Do you have a FSM? (I don't remember if I asked before)
I dunno, what's FSM? I'll try to give you a good shot of the vac lines.

N0DIH
06-18-05, 12:07 AM
Factory Service Manual

DopeStar 156
06-18-05, 12:09 AM
Factory Service Manual
Oh yeah, I do. The Cadillac one. It has a similar cover as my instruction manual does.