: Need help with a song....

RBraczyk
06-15-05, 11:48 PM
Either by King Crimson or ELO. maybe close. Dunno. lemme try to detail it.

There are no lyrics.
Every so often there is an acoustic guitar breakdown, all chords. It progresses down, and then back up.

Its not much, but thanks to those who can help.

Spyder
06-16-05, 12:26 AM
I know it! It's that one song, with the music and the instruments, that a band plays! :D:D:D

Sorry... ...

RBraczyk
06-16-05, 12:27 AM
its so hard to describe the riff
its so hard to think of it.

RRRRRRRRR

Sandy
06-16-05, 12:50 AM
"Dancin' in the moonlight" (but it had words......)

danbuc
06-16-05, 12:58 AM
Uhh....Court of the Crimson King? That has lyrics though. Maybe it's ELO..hehe.

Can't be 21st Century Schizoid Man, because that has lyrics too (Awesome song though)

Ralph
06-16-05, 01:10 AM
I'm trying to recall an ELO instrumental on an old tape I had of theirs. So far I can't and I think of one and I think it was "The Greatest Hits." Sorry.

Stoneage_Caddy
06-16-05, 01:11 AM
when and where did you hear this song ?

Elvis
06-16-05, 11:50 AM
I'm trying to recall an ELO instrumental on an old tape I had of theirs. So far I can't and I think of one and I think it was "The Greatest Hits." Sorry.

I had that same tape!!! Mine was an 8-track. Was yours? :histeric:

JimHare
06-16-05, 03:12 PM
I bet I know the one you're thinking of - it was the theme song for CBS Sports back in the mid-80s. It's ELO, I'm almost sure.

Heavy drums and banging guitar chording, right? A little violin on the high side? I bet SOMEONE can come up with it sooner or later...

slk230mb
06-16-05, 03:35 PM
I bet I know the one you're thinking of - it was the theme song for CBS Sports back in the mid-80s. It's ELO, I'm almost sure.

Heavy drums and banging guitar chording, right? A little violin on the high side? I bet SOMEONE can come up with it sooner or later...

Fire on High?

RBraczyk
06-16-05, 06:51 PM
when and where did you hear this song ?

I've heard it a few times on classic rock stations, with my friends, when I'm alone, and with my dad, and they all didn't know it.

slk230mb
06-16-05, 07:42 PM
Fire on High?

^^^???

Ralph
06-16-05, 07:43 PM
I had that same tape!!! Mine was an 8-track. Was yours? :histeric:

Nope, cassette. your older than I. ;) :hide:

JimHare
06-20-05, 10:46 PM
^^^???Well, I don't know if it's the one that Ralphie was thinking of, but Fire on High is what I was - at least the last 70 seconds of it - I remember it being the theme for CBS sports, knew it was ELO, but never bothered to get the title - I was never big ELO fan, for the most part..but they had a distinctive enough sound so that you knew when you heard one of their songs....

90Brougham350
06-20-05, 10:57 PM
What a great song! Not a classic rock station in the world that wouldn't play it on Halloween!

Brian

illumina
06-21-05, 12:05 AM
I've heard it a few times on classic rock stations, with my friends, when I'm alone, and with my dad, and they all didn't know it.

Next time you hear the song, call in to the radio station and ask them what the song was.

RBraczyk
06-22-05, 01:04 AM
Could have possibly been emerson lake and palmer...