: Used (barely) Corsa 4 Sale

MSMITH
06-15-05, 03:39 PM
Finally got the B&B in, Corsa is in a box ready to go, first $500 gets it, I'll ship it straight from our dealership. Exhaust has around 2k miles on it.Email me if interested at msmith3803@hotmail.com.

Mike

Now I just have to wait for a month when she goes to Baton Rouge for AFR heads/cam and a custom tune. Can't wait :yup:

kimcheejeegae
06-15-05, 03:42 PM
email sent

V-seriesTech
06-15-05, 04:01 PM
email sent

What a great buy! :bonkers: You won't be sorry:bouncy:

kimcheejeegae
06-15-05, 05:19 PM
What a great buy! :bonkers: You won't be sorry:bouncy:

I say HELL YEAH!!!! =)

I CAN'T WAIT!! I've been itching to do something... been really busy with work... finally got a chance to check my beloved Caddy forum and what do I see!! RIGHT IN THE "KNICK" OF TIME!!!

V-seriesTech
06-15-05, 05:24 PM
I say HELL YEAH!!!! =)

I CAN'T WAIT!! I've been itching to do something... been really busy with work... finally got a chance to check my beloved Caddy forum and what do I see!! RIGHT IN THE "KNICK" OF TIME!!!

.....again dude, you won't be sorry. The car is gonna sound great!:lildevil:

Make surer to have a buddy, or someone that knows how to drive, go for a spin in it, so you can hear what it sounds like pulling away. ......nothing like thunder of a V8. Yet, it's not too crazy...have fun

JOEYCTS-V
06-16-05, 12:10 AM
THAT'S WEAK! :nono: My emails from a month ago with MJSMITH.

Magnacharger is dragging ass at the moment, it should be available at the LATEST within the first few days of next week, I'll keep you informed.

Michael Smith

From: Joseph DeVincent <jdevincent@nyc.rr.com> (jdevincent@nyc.rr.com)
To: Michael Smith <msmith3803@hotmail.com> (msmith3803@hotmail.com)
Subject: Re: Corsa Exhaust
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 22:41:25 -0400

Michael Smith wrote:

I'll take $500, just let me know.

Michael Smith

From: Joseph DeVincent <jdevincent@nyc.rr.com> (jdevincent@nyc.rr.com)
To: msmith3803@hotmail.com
Subject: Corsa Exhaust
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 19:22:58 -0400

I'm interested in the Corsa exhaust you may have for sale. What do you want for it? I'm in NY.

I'll take it! Keep me posted.

Joe D.

StealthV
06-16-05, 01:04 AM
Joe, personally I think you'd really rather have a B&B anyhow - consider it a blessing in disguise. :)

Parker
06-16-05, 01:10 AM
Enjoy the new BB!

VELOSE
06-16-05, 01:27 AM
What a phat DEAL!:eek:

Enjoy.....:yup:

lasstss
06-16-05, 02:44 AM
Just a few comments on both of these exhausts, take it or leave it. I have had both.

The B&B is loud, period. with the x pipe its louder! Very heavy low note. Its well made but the center support is hokey and the flange connections at the cat pipes were an afterthought. You have to monkey with the connections.

The Corsa is not as pretty but its a lot more liveable. Fit and finish is good (to many clamps for my liking). No connection issues (except they give you junk bolts), I put in 7/16-14 bolts and it hangs in tight like the factory system.

To each his own. Just pointing out the differences and they are legitamate!

StealthV
06-16-05, 08:03 AM
Yay - more exhaust debates. It has been a while!

Stand at the rear of a V and look at the Corsa exhaust tips, one can see the exhaust tubing inside - looks like K-Mart clamps ons. All those joints and clamps? Yuck. The exhaust back fire? Double yuck. Not a glamorous rear view for a 50 large car. The only advantage? It is has a nice nasal tone.

As someone who has done a side by side comparison between the two, a seasoned B&B resonator with cones is just a little deeper in pitch due to the 3" pipes; highway difference is negligible. A B&B x-pipe, resonator and Corsa systems are all in my garage. The x-pipe is going back on this week....

No 27 year old should ever have a Corsa exhaust on a V or else risk loosing their young gearhead status. Add 20 - 30 years, sure. I'm not quite that old yet and I'm not going to start acting like it.

Let the battle begin... :)

V-seriesTech
06-16-05, 10:23 AM
I think the CORSA sounds tough,...ofcourse i'm baseing this on a car with long tubes, no cats, and the catback, as well as other mods. The B&B looks awesome but, is too mellow, for my personal taste. Whoever said it is right, to each his own. Personaly, although they don't make a kit for the V,...i'm more of a BORLA fan...

willsctsv
06-16-05, 10:28 AM
Corsa is weak!:p
B&B sound is what a V8 should sound like :lildevil: .
This exhaust say's don't F with me unless you have some serious power under that hood!:sneaky:
And the look of the pipes and chrome mufflers from the rear has Class written all over it!:burn:
The corsa, after you see past the tips look like 2 ricer fart cans! Not very impressive!:vomit:

The sound with the B&B is a high end quality note! Plus a power gain. No power gain from the wimpy Corsa. :kick:

Sorry Cosa guy's just my opinion!

lasstss
06-16-05, 11:00 AM
Corsa is weak!:p
B&B sound is what a V8 should sound like :lildevil: .
This exhaust say's don't F with me unless you have some serious power under that hood!:sneaky:
And the look of the pipes and chrome mufflers from the rear has Class written all over it!:burn:
The corsa, after you see past the tips look like 2 ricer fart cans! Not very impressive!:vomit:

The sound with the B&B is a high end quality note! Plus a power gain. No power gain from the wimpy Corsa. :kick:

Sorry Cosa guy's just my opinion!

That 'no power gain' from the Corsa system is baloney. Its around 5-7HP. Not as much as the B&B. As far as the cans, I dont like tham either but the shape is part of the noise cancellation technology. I like the B&B resonators also. Its too bad that someone doesent come up with a system that has the best of both. I just like to listen to my stereo above the exhaust. The corsa is quite loud when you are standing on it but not in the car.They are after all, straight pipes.

thebigjimsho
06-16-05, 11:05 AM
I think the CORSA sounds tough,...ofcourse i'm baseing this on a car with long tubes, no cats, and the catback, as well as other mods. The B&B looks awesome but, is too mellow, for my personal taste. Whoever said it is right, to each his own. Personaly, although they don't make a kit for the V,...i'm more of a BORLA fan...You sure about that?

http://www.borla.com/news/press_detail.aspx?id=9

lasstss
06-16-05, 11:32 AM
You sure about that?

Just over a grand.

http://www.cardomain.com/item/BOR140126?ref=bizrdf

VELOSE
06-16-05, 12:54 PM
Good looking out. The tips on that borla exhaust are as big as I wanted them to be. They take up the whole bumper opening. If no one has the borla exhaust, I'll be the first to get it and share a video clip of it. Look out for a thread on this next week. ;)

V-seriesTech
06-16-05, 01:33 PM
You sure about that?

well....what do you think big jim? :annoyed:

Kels55
06-16-05, 02:03 PM
Good looking out. The tips on that borla exhaust are as big as I wanted them to be. They take up the whole bumper opening. If no one has the borla exhaust, I'll be the first to get it and share a video clip of it. Look out for a thread on this next week. ;)

The only person (w07364, may no longer be a member) on this forum that admitted having the Borla Exhaust (had them prototype the system on his V) seemed to like it.

The only other person (Slick V) that had any experience with Borla on a CTS-V said the drone was too much to make the Borla system a contender for aftermarket exhaust on his V.

thebigjimsho
06-16-05, 04:57 PM
well....what do you think big jim? :annoyed:I think there may be a Borla available. But I could be wrong.:cookoo:

V-seriesTech
06-16-05, 05:00 PM
I think there may be a Borla available. But I could be wrong.:cookoo:

:suspect:

VELOSE
06-16-05, 05:13 PM
The only person (w07364, may no longer be a member) on this forum that admitted having the Borla Exhaust (had them prototype the system on his V) seemed to like it.

The only other person (Slick V) that had any experience with Borla on a CTS-V said the drone was too much to make the Borla system a contender for aftermarket exhaust on his V.

Another opportunity presented itself. I will be getting the V dynoed this Saturday on a Mustang 1750 dynometer. On Tuesday, I will have a custom muffler shop make me an exhaust system using Magnaflow. This shop does all the hot rods in the area. They are reputable and has cars from all over Cali to get their exhausts done. I want to see at least 12whp and torque increase.

What do you guys think? Am I playing with fire?

Sorry to hijack the thread.:cowboy:

thebigjimsho
06-17-05, 12:16 PM
A different hijacking:

Am I just that far out of the loop? How long ago did B&B drop the prices on their catbacks?? Under $800? I thought they were still over a grand. I did know about Pro Dyno's prices, though.