: I hate this stupid plastic coffee stirrer/sipper

powerglide
06-15-05, 01:19 PM
....am I the only one out here pissed at the idiots that manufacture/sell/purchase these things?

You now those thin plastic straws they have to stir the coffee?

The ones that are way to flimsy to work at all......

Is it too much to ask that they make it beefier or justs switch to another design altogether (I like those flat wooded deals)??

I hate these things....

....ok rant over.

Playdrv4me
06-15-05, 03:37 PM
Lol

Elvis
06-15-05, 04:00 PM
I like spoons. Straws are no good for coffee.

Spyder
06-15-05, 04:31 PM
yea, but those little straws work great for shooting mini-toothpicks with foil on the end at people... :) Aaaaand, I prefer them over drinking straight from the glass when I'm having my Booker's on the rocks.

malcolm
06-15-05, 04:47 PM
I hear ya and agree but here's what I do. Grab about 5 or 6 of the skinny floppy little suckers and you can get a good stir.

Dadillac
06-15-05, 05:23 PM
Just drink it black. I do.

Don

Spyder
06-15-05, 06:23 PM
That's a big 10-4 little buddy. Coffee is meant to be black anyways, you're right!

addison_ii
06-15-05, 07:12 PM
I drink coffee occasionally but when I do I hate the stirrers as well.

I agree with that one too.

turbojimmy
06-15-05, 07:37 PM

Ditto. I always grab a spoon. Most of the time those little plastic things are too small for the ginormous coffee I drink in the morning, leading to singed fingers and a generally bad mood.

Jim

evilrussian
06-16-05, 01:31 AM
If it's a styro cup with a lid, you can close the vent hole with a thumb and shake the damn thing ;)

That's what I do with my D-Donuts coffee. :D

Ralph
06-16-05, 01:42 AM
Well you can always blow little bubbles through the two little holes on the stir stick to help cool it and circulate your sugar. :sneaky: :p Lesson learned....don't do it on a date! :crying:

Once you try those "International Delight" creamers you NEVER go back to cream and sugar anyway! :shhh:

majax
06-16-05, 02:36 AM
:P International Delight

I had the worst cappachino at daylight dounuts tonight, ahhh!

D148L0
06-16-05, 10:46 AM
Just drink it black. I do.

Don
Attaboy! (+2)

Boombotz
06-16-05, 10:55 AM
I like the spoon it works so much better, but when I'm going on a car ride I like to take those little stirrers and punch it through the top of the cup to sip hot coffee while I'm driving. I hate spilling coffee:annoyed: . With my new method I get it half way finished pop the top and enjoy. I hate really HOT coffee. BTW this is the wife talking.:p

D148L0
06-16-05, 11:02 AM
I like the spoon it works so much better, but when I'm going on a car ride I like to take those little stirrers and punch it through the top of the cup to sip hot coffee while I'm driving. I hate spilling coffee:annoyed: . With my new method I get it half way finished pop the top and enjoy. I hate really HOT coffee. BTW this is the wife talking.:p
Ciao, The wife wife! You seem you write quite often... why not becoming a member? :thumbsup:

Boombotz
06-16-05, 11:14 AM
I don't Know. I read more than I write. Don't usually get involved to much in car conversation. I like this part of the forum best. Its just pretty general. I always try to state when it is me.

Elvis
06-16-05, 11:39 AM
Where else on the internet could you find such a deep discussion on the virtues of spoons over straws for stirring coffee?

I can't believe I elicited three responses for my ridiculously obvious comment yesterday!

davesdeville
06-16-05, 12:07 PM
When I get coffee it's always the french vanilla capucino or however you spell it, from 7-11. So I don't even have to worry about stirring stuff into it. Although I tried 18 flavor shots of french vanilla in the coffee one time, and it was some horrible business.

powerglide
06-16-05, 12:17 PM
Where else on the internet could you find such a deep discussion on the virtues of spoons over straws for stirring coffee?

really......I was wondering if anyone would bother replying to my moronic thread....but here we are, another day, another styrofoam coffee cup with a single wimpy plastic stirrer wilting in the hot coffee!

JimHare
06-16-05, 02:42 PM
Use your thumb like us Lumberjacks do..!

(Anyone recognize THAT obscure song reference?) LOL

Elvis
06-16-05, 05:06 PM
You're okay!

JimHare
06-16-05, 05:37 PM
You're okay!10 points and a Key Fob for a 1974 Chevy Vega to The EL-man... :histeric:

Stoneage_Caddy
06-16-05, 05:43 PM
10 points and a Key Fob for a 1974 Chevy Vega to The EL-man... :histeric:
wow thats the first time anyones ever started a giveaway with the good stuff

Elvis
06-16-05, 05:52 PM
My wife actually had a '73 Vega.

P.O.S. from what she told me.

Go press some flowers and eat some scones.