: V Misc perf. parts.. Anyone have these? yet?

BliTzer
06-15-05, 02:02 AM
http://www.lingenfelter.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/product_images/8164wb.jpg
Anybody know anything about that shifter? Good or bad? or pos?

Also, who was it that ordered this flywheel? If you did, update me please.. I am looking for one, & i am about to enter credit card number on this one if i dont hear or find something better, real soon..
http://www.lingenfelter.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/8689.jpg

Who likes this rear spoiler design.. it is not the one i am having installed, but it caught my eye.. Thoughts?

later... blitzer

BliTzer
06-15-05, 02:06 AM
Oh yeah.. About those Katech shifters & uuc & others... Any that are aluminium, this is what i found out by reading an article today...

Using this product with non-production shifter bushings may result in undesired noise transmitted through the shift lever.

just thought i would throw that in there.. could be why some hear things, others do not.. since they changed theres.. hope this helps somebody.

laterz, blitzer

1gCtsV05
06-15-05, 09:51 AM
Oh yeah.. About those Katech shifters & uuc & others... Any that are aluminium, this is what i found out by reading an article today...

just thought i would throw that in there.. could be why some hear things, others do not.. since they changed theres.. hope this helps somebody.

laterz, blitzer

and aluminum was your key word... UUC is stainless steel. :)

Rey
06-15-05, 12:30 PM
As for flywheel combos, I looked at the Lingenfelter option and declined. It uses the stock clutch, which is very heavy with an aluminum flywheel. Basically, this combination is at the limit of what you can do as it would be very difficult to find another lighter clutch.
I used TPIS' assembly, which is a steel flywheel and clutch that utilizes an OEM design and a special proprietary spacer. One can still go lighter using an aftermarket aluminum flywheel, and I like having that possibility.
Both Lingenfelter and TPIS weigh about the same.
I now have over 8K miles on the TPIS assembly. It is a marvelous improvement. The car feels 500 lb lighter. Shifting is much easier - it now mimics Corvette shifting. Clutch pressure is lighter. I can still start off easily in second gear. The car feels as though it has gained 25 rwhp.

BliTzer
06-16-05, 05:22 AM

Well there you go. Looks like we all get a little closer each day learning & fixing until everything is perfect. At least If i do ever change NO Aluminum shifter for me. ;)

Rey said: As for flywheel combos, I looked at the Lingenfelter option and declined. It uses the stock clutch, which is very heavy with an aluminum flywheel. Basically, this combination is at the limit of what you can do as it would be very difficult to find another lighter clutch.
I used TPIS' assembly, which is a steel flywheel and clutch that utilizes an OEM design and a special proprietary spacer. One can still go lighter using an aftermarket aluminum flywheel, and I like having that possibility.
Both Lingenfelter and TPIS weigh about the same.
I now have over 8K miles on the TPIS assembly. It is a marvelous improvement. The car feels 500 lb lighter. Shifting is much easier - it now mimics Corvette shifting. Clutch pressure is lighter. I can still start off easily in second gear. The car feels as though it has gained 25 rwhp.

Hmm, I see what you mean. Im going to research another 5 days or less, look at TPIS & 2 other street performance companies. I cant quite remember the name of the one flywheel maker that i found couple months back. Looked damn good. Site even had a before & after little video clip of the changes in just how FAst & higher RPM's advantages. It was big difference. That flywheel change will prob be the last Mod i do. I have taken this V to limit & it is not been easy or cheap. My goal was 600-625 RWHP. It has taken alot to get close & still not quite there...

Thanx guys for the help! Input... This forum helps more than you can imagine!
laterz,
BliTzer...

trukk
06-16-05, 11:05 AM
Hey Blitzer,

I seem to recall in another post that you mentioned you had an aftermarket driveshaft.

Is this installed? Also is it a one piece or two? Any issues clearing whatever reasonator you have on your exhaust? Finally can you give us an update on how you feel about it.

I've always kinda thought that new flywheel + one peice driveshaft (with normal U joints at each end, sans the caddy huge hunk of rubber bushing) + stiffened craddle bushings would go a LONG way towards eliminating rear end issues.

Thanks,

Chris

dreamcarc6
06-16-05, 02:56 PM

Katech had/has both, stainless and aluminum.