: Most Miles

Boombotz
06-14-05, 11:44 PM
I use to drive a 95' Ford E-250 van for work. It was bought new in late 95. I started driven it with only 138 miles on it. I used that van for 5 years and 2 months and put 319,000 miles on it. I average over 60,000 miles a year and had 2 weeks vacation each year. I don't know if it is still running. I no longer work for that company. I was just wondering if any of you have driving a car and put on that many miles and if you did if you did it in that short of time.

majax
06-15-05, 12:47 AM
So far our Honda is at 205,000 and running strongish. T

Ralph
06-15-05, 12:54 AM
There was a '91 Fleetwood owner like me here a couple years ago when I joined this forum who put on 450,000 kms or 279,624 miles on his 4.9 with NO major problems!!!

majax
06-15-05, 12:58 AM
those were highway miles, I remember him. He drove it about a 50 or more miles a day to work. His son did the same thing with another Cadillac. Now that I think of it we had a '77 CoupedeVille that had the odo roll over at least twice.

Ralph
06-15-05, 01:07 AM
I'm not certain if it's the same guy, could have been though.....here it is......

http://cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7838#post7838

Boombotz
06-15-05, 01:12 AM
I drove 120 miles to work and 120 miles home from work for a round trip of 240 miles. And I also drove to different jobs during work hours. I would average another 50 miles while working. I don't miss those days. In the begining it was fun because I got to see alot of FL. Now the traffic is terrible here. I couldn't imagine doing it now. I got to see alot of places build up. I wish I just bought more property along the way. I guess I did alot of driving in my time. I use to get a oil change every 3 weeks. The place I use to go couldn't believe how fast I would put the miles on. I became a regular at the quick lube places.

Ralph
06-15-05, 01:14 AM
I drove 120 miles to work and 120 miles home from work for a round trip of 240 miles. And I also drove to different jobs during work hours. I would average another 50 miles while working. I don't miss those days. In the begining it was fun because I got to see alot of FL. Now the traffic is terrible here. I couldn't imagine doing it now. I got to see alot of places build up. I wish I just bought more property along the way. I guess I did alot of driving in my time. I use to get a oil change every 3 weeks. The place I use to go couldn't believe how fast I would put the miles on. I became a regular at the quick lube places.

How many miles on your Escalade??

Boombotz
06-15-05, 01:17 AM
I'm not certain if it's the same guy, could have been though.....here it is......

http://cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7838#post7838

Wow Ralph one of your earlier posts. How times have change. Hi I'm the new guy here. Now it is holy cow Ralph the master has posted another post. Ring size back then 7. Now 13 from all the typing.:thumbsup: :D

Ralph
06-15-05, 01:20 AM
Wow Ralph one of your earlier posts. How times have change. Hi I'm the new guy here. Now it is holy cow Ralph the master has posted another post. Ring size back then 7. Now 13 from all the typing.:thumbsup: :D

LOL, that was probably my FIRST post. That "thump" I noticed NEVER came back again...

Boombotz
06-15-05, 01:21 AM
How many miles on your Escalade??

38,000 I don't use that for work. I have a company vehicle. My wife use to work for and did a lot of driving in the begining. Now she is a (desperate) housewife and only uses it for shopping and lunch with the girls.

Ralph
06-15-05, 01:24 AM
38,000 I don't use that for work. I have a company vehicle. My wife use to work for and did a lot of driving in the begining. Now she is a (desperate) housewife and only uses it for shopping and lunch with the girls.

Not even "broke-in" yet. :cool:

Give it a good run on the HW once in a while to blow out all the crap like carbon, etc...

Boombotz
06-15-05, 01:33 AM
Not even "broke-in" yet. :cool:

Give it a good run on the HW once in a while to blow out all the crap like carbon, etc...

Thats me on the weekends.

TomDeville
06-15-05, 01:35 AM
BoomStarDude&NiceBotzWife,

What tints do you have on
the Escalade? (35% all 'round?)

Please advise.

Warmest Regards,

TomDeville :coolgleam
:coolgleam

Boombotz
06-15-05, 01:37 AM
BoomStarDude&NiceBotzWife,

What tints do you have on
the Escalade? (35% all 'round?)

Please advise.

Warmest Regards,

Yes I believe so. The fronts match the back which come from factory. So if they are 35 then that is what it is.

TomDeville
06-15-05, 02:08 AM
They look too dark (22%?) ;and, too nice
to be from the factory. Dealers often make
the driver and passenger seats lighter
than the back seats and rear window,
especially with SUVs, the light and dark
is a 'limo look' that I want to avoid on my
already overlimoish black on black Deville.
My factory tints are not dark at all. As I understand
it... the lower the percentage the darker the tint. 35-36%
(ie. lets in 35-36% or the usual light) is generally legal
for driver and passenger side; 22% for the rear
or 8% for Limo ;and, moreover, tints look darker on
darker cars ;and, furthermore, Mrs. Boom's SweetRide
is very light.
In any event, it looks really nice; fronts should match
the back.
Dude, I can't believe that you drove 240 miles a day,
I hope that you got paid!$!

Best Regards,

Boombotz
06-15-05, 02:39 AM
The front is after market tint and was done to match factory tint in back. It probaly is 22 not 35. I can't remember. The wife will know. I made good money at the time. I was making a name for myself in the industry that I am in. It paid off in the long run. I always said to myself at that time "I'd rather be working this hard at 20 than when I am 40". I can't complain on how far I have come.

Boombotz
06-15-05, 02:41 AM
Tom Deville,

If interested here are more pic's of my Lade. Might be able to get a better look at the tint.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39600

davesdeville
06-15-05, 04:35 AM
Mom's 78 Volvo 2.2L I4 in her 245DL wagon has got about 285k on it.

RBraczyk
06-15-05, 11:41 AM
I hit 290,000 in 800 miles.

Joey1986Z
06-15-05, 08:56 PM
My 1986 Z28 just turned 288,000 no major problems. A lot of little stuff. The power booster recently died and I have to use all my leg to stop the car.

The 1995 Corvette has 115,000; nothing major there either.

On the other end of the spectrum....

My 1971 Ford F100 (purchased new by my late grandfather) has only 74,000.

My mom's 1992 Sedan DeVille recently turned 80,000.

My motto is drive 'em.....they'll make more.

ssstealth
06-15-05, 09:22 PM
329,700 miles as of today... the picture below was taken about 8 months ago.

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/155/155589/folders/203524/1549994300ka.jpg

Original LT1 Engine, alternator, starter, distributor cap, paint, interior, etc.

Built on a Monday in Arlington Texas.

RBraczyk
06-15-05, 11:31 PM
You are crazy. Sick job though on that 300k mark. I'll be there soon enough.

dsobota
06-17-05, 12:40 AM
I am a little surprised. I thought for sure someone would have my mom's DeVille beat but it is not so. It is my mom's car but I have to do all of the work on it.

She bought it wtih 175,000

Repairs other than maintenance: Battery, Water pump, Starter, front engine mount, rear wheel cylinders.

It does have some issues, like engine oil leak and power steering leak, some ABS problem, but it starts and runs (passkey system bypassed) and she puts on 100 miles per day, 5 - 6 days a week.

It is a 4.9L and was at 334,000 as of 3 weeks ago. Its not pretty but it apparently won't die. The engine has never been cracked open (that I know of) and neither has the transmission ( I did do a couple of fluid and filter changes). I have not enven had to put a CV boot on it. I am certainly a believer! What I want to know is why Cadillac can make a CV boot that goes 300K when you would be lucky to get 110K from the boots on one of the "cheap" cars, but that is another discussion.

I will let you all know when she hits 400,000.

Ralph
06-17-05, 01:34 AM
I am a little surprised. I thought for sure someone would have my mom's DeVille beat but it is not so. It is my mom's car but I have to do all of the work on it.

She bought it wtih 175,000

Repairs other than maintenance: Battery, Water pump, Starter, front engine mount, rear wheel cylinders.

It does have some issues, like engine oil leak and power steering leak, some ABS problem, but it starts and runs (passkey system bypassed) and she puts on 100 miles per day, 5 - 6 days a week.

It is a 4.9L and was at 334,000 as of 3 weeks ago. Its not pretty but it apparently won't die. The engine has never been cracked open (that I know of) and neither has the transmission ( I did do a couple of fluid and filter changes). I have not enven had to put a CV boot on it. I am certainly a believer! What I want to know is why Cadillac can make a CV boot that goes 300K when you would be lucky to get 110K from the boots on one of the "cheap" cars, but that is another discussion.

I will let you all know when she hits 400,000.

WOW!! My car will outlast me! :thumbsup:

ray01sts
06-21-05, 02:57 PM
I have never kept a car long enough to put any serious mileage on it. However my dad has been graced by the car gods, he has always gotten 200k plus out of almost ever car he's owned. In fact we had a 87 Plymouth Voyager that had 359k showing when we sold it. We aren't really sure of true mileage as the speedometer cable was broken for almost a year. You had to drive with two feet to keep the idle up when you came to a stop. I drove that van for about 8 months and took it into a Chrysler dealer to have the oil changed. The service guy thought the odometer must be broken, he said there was no way a 3-liter V6 could go that far. All those miles where over a 8 year period, a lot of back and forth from Phoenix to Atlanta. He also had a 96 Cutlass Supreme that had 226K when the he traded it in. He bought it new and drove it for 6 years.