: Porsche 911 Turbo S

JBeechel
06-14-05, 05:38 PM
So I've been trying to get a friend to race me in his new Porsche to no avail, and then this morning, on the way to work, we end up at the same light and he caves.

I catch himoff the light badly... probably a half second before he took off...

Well, that was about all the time I was in front of him... by the end of second he was already past me again and pulled away from me like I was driving a Hyundai..

Time to go see Pro-Dyno.

JB

willsctsv
06-14-05, 05:58 PM
Nothing to be ashamed of!
911 Turbo S: 444 HP/ 457 lbft TQ.
0-62 4.2 SEC
Price $131,400

You have a wealthy friend.
Now, A few mods may help you out! Maggie, heads and Cam, You bury him! That's under 10K!

AZPowerAndSound
06-14-05, 06:24 PM
I can definitly help you get there, but its a lot of work against that "S". Ill gladly race him in my GTO though!

so where do we start!?

Koooop
06-14-05, 07:44 PM
You can get a nice low mileage used SL600 for about $35,000 and that'll take care of that Turbo S (in a straight line)!

Short of that...Good luck!

Damn those things are fast!

JBeechel
06-14-05, 09:14 PM
Any 35K SL600 is too old to have the beast motor in it and will get demolished by this thing...

And Todd, from our talk today I'll be getting set up as soon as you get the exhaust in...

crowan
06-14-05, 09:31 PM
I had the exact same experience with a new red 911 Turbo. Caught him sleeping at the light, jumped out to a length 1/2 lead, and then.....Good God! That is one screaming motor! By the top of second gear our positions were reversed, but IMO the Caddie didn't embarrass itself considering the weight and hp advantage enjoyed by the Turbo. :want:

The sound of that Porsche at WOT is amazing. However, I'll keep my V and put the extra $90K in the stock market.

JBeechel
06-14-05, 10:09 PM
90K? only in dreams... when he got it out the door, he wrote the check for 182K...

So take the extra 130K and buy yourself a Viper and a Z06.

lawfive
06-14-05, 10:18 PM
Todd,

Did you ever get a more aggressive tune into that V+Maggie+NOS setup?

Koooop
06-15-05, 03:16 AM
Any 35K SL600 is too old to have the beast motor in it and will get demolished by this thing...

And Todd, from our talk today I'll be getting set up as soon as you get the exhaust in...

I got demolished by a 2000-02 SL600 a couple of days ago...I mean destroyed. After that I just assumed the monster V12 must have been in the last years of the old body style, I guess not. Not many cars can blast by the V, slow down, toy with the V and then leave the V standing still again all in the same run. I was crushed by a car with GT2 performance that was disguised as a sled with a chick driving!

Ouch