: new kid on the block...

elcamman50
06-14-05, 01:54 PM
Hi. My name is Charlie and I am the proud second owner of a 92 Seville STS. It's in beautiful shape and I got it for $1,000. Owner blew a head gasket and didn't want to deal with it. Changed both gaskets and now it runs like a dream. Also purchased a service manual on Ebay for 26.00. I was the only one who bid on it! My STS is fire engine red with black interior. Interior is in beautiful shape and everything works! Car was originally sold in Palm Springs, Ca. I live here in San Diego and car had been garaged it's whole life. I will upload pics soon. I also have a 88 Pontiac Firebird GTA and a 1981 Chevy 1/2 ton stepside p/u. My first car was a Cadillac back in 1967 my grandfather gave me a 55 convertible. It was pink with white leather interior. I have some pics somewhere. When I was drafted my father sold it to a wrecking yard for $50!! Boy, wish I had it now. Well, I don't want to bore you anymore. I will use this site. I have read a lot of your questions and answers and like what I see. Hope to write in soon! Take care,
Charlie

CADDYBLACK99
06-14-05, 04:51 PM
Welcome Charlie!

Sounds like you are handy with a wrench...great find! Thanks for joining the forum.

Happy Flag Day!
:welcome:
Paul

D148L0
06-14-05, 05:05 PM
Welcome to the forums.

Boombotz
06-14-05, 10:05 PM
Hello Charlie and :welcome: to the forums. I own a 89' Trans AM GTA (white with gold trim) and a Cadillac as well. I love that car, what color is yours? Good luck with your Seville. Sounds like you got a good deal for a awesome car.

elcamman50
06-15-05, 12:14 AM
Hi. Well, my GTA is a dark red metallic with the gold gta badges...I picked it up at an auction. It was donated to a church car auction and I got it for 1,300 dollars. It is a original San Diego car. And as luck would have it I contacted the owner and he said he had the engine redone at the dealership he had purchased it at about 6 months before he donated it. It seems his son (19) had started driving it and after 2 speeding tickets and one for "exhibition of speed" (burning rubber) the dad had enough and donated it. It is a fun car to drive. It is basically stock except for a shift kit in the trannie (original owner did that) and I added a flowmaster muffler and high flow cat. I love the sound it makes when you nail it. I will get some pictures downloaded of the GTA and the Seville. Until then thanks for asking!
Charlie

Boombotz
06-15-05, 12:26 AM
There is also another forum that Sal (who runs this one) also runs a Pontiac forum that just started. I am there to as Boombotz. Should check that one out. It is a little dead. Not many members yet. There is a link to it on the main forum page.

Boombotz
06-15-05, 12:44 AM
BTW good deal on the GTA. And I know what his son was doing. I was doing the samething when I was his age. I got my GTA as my first car at the age of 17. I created havoc on the roadways back in the day. Now I don't do that anymore. I became smarter with my money. :D

delzy
06-15-05, 01:21 AM
Hello Charlie!

elcamman50
06-16-05, 01:21 AM
Hey Guys and Girls...I just wanted you to know that I live here in Southern California and have access to a lot of wrecking yards which I visit quite frequently. If any of you are looking for some special part or whatever and want me to look for you, please don't hesitate to ask. I like looking for special parts. Just wanted to let you know. Have a great day!
Charlie

powerglide
06-17-05, 12:47 PM
Welcome fellow SanDiegan!

Boombotz
06-19-05, 10:08 PM
Hi. Well, my GTA is a dark red metallic with the gold gta badges...I picked it up at an auction. It was donated to a church car auction and I got it for 1,300 dollars. It is a original San Diego car. And as luck would have it I contacted the owner and he said he had the engine redone at the dealership he had purchased it at about 6 months before he donated it. It seems his son (19) had started driving it and after 2 speeding tickets and one for "exhibition of speed" (burning rubber) the dad had enough and donated it. It is a fun car to drive. It is basically stock except for a shift kit in the trannie (original owner did that) and I added a flowmaster muffler and high flow cat. I love the sound it makes when you nail it. I will get some pictures downloaded of the GTA and the Seville. Until then thanks for asking!
Charlie

Have you checked out the Pontiac forum.