: Stand Alone Dealerships

Sandy
06-13-05, 05:08 PM
Who can guess what brand has the least stand alone stores?
Buick?
Pontiac?
Chevolet?
Ford?
Dodge?
Jeep?
Chrysler?
My guess is that it would be your 3rd guess.
and
Bonus points:-
What is the weirdest combination of two? (Only 24 exist !)

Vesicant
06-13-05, 05:22 PM
Who can guess what brand has the least stand alone stores?
Buick?
Pontiac?
Chevolet?
Ford?
Dodge?
Jeep?
Chrysler?
My guess is that it would be your 3rd guess.
and
Bonus points:-
What is the weirdest combination of two? (Only 24 exist !)

The combination dealership of Dodge and Jeep... are the 24 rare ones that exist. Unless it was Chrysler-Jeep...?

Not sure about the least stand alone stores... ill guess... Buick.

Playdrv4me
06-13-05, 05:33 PM
Least stand alone stores would have to be Buick. Ive seen a bunch Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealerships so my guess is Chevrolet/Ford would be pretty rare but Im not real sure as Ive seen a few of those too. Otherwise the combinations could be almost endless, but I havent seen too many combination Chrysler/GM or Chrysler/Ford dealers. At least not in the same building.

slk230mb
06-13-05, 05:58 PM
Pontiac for the lowest stand alone. Ford/Chevy for the combo.

Jesda
06-13-05, 06:39 PM
In Spokane WA there is a Pontiac-GMC-Kia dealer.

Sandy
06-13-05, 08:04 PM
Rarest Combo is Dodge & Jeep (without Chrysler) ... Just Dodge & Jeep. There are 24.

Least amount of Stand Alone brands is PONTIAC, with 110 nationwide, or less than 2 & 1/2 per state selling ONLY Pontiac & nothing else.

Playdrv4me
06-13-05, 08:39 PM
Least amount of Stand Alone brands is PONTIAC, with 110 nationwide, or less than 2 & 1/2 per state selling ONLY Pontiac & nothing else.

Boy id hate to work there... they must swat flies all day. I cant imagine stand alone Buick dealerships are too far behind.

Chrysler is trying hard to get its three main brands united under one roof in as many markets as possible. Theres alot of Chrysler only dealers and they dont even have an SUV yet.

Davis-Moore (again) in Wichita was one of the few Dodge/Jeep outfits for a while until they purchased the Chrysler franchise from the Steven family.

Interesting note... we had been talking about Davis-Moore Oldsmobile... well I was on vacation in Wichita last week, and when I first arrived the Olds sign was STILL there... but when I passed by before I left they had JUST taken it down!! Crazy timing! (Some GM exec must have seen my post hehe)

Sandy
06-13-05, 09:56 PM
too bad you weren't there AS IT WAS being taken down, and be in the company of a nice $100.00 bill! :) Imagine offering it to them, and coming home with the sign? IF I owned it, I would not sell it for $500.00, but sometimes ya can get a bargin....not often....but sometimes! Wow, I would loved to own that ! Think I might bust open the piggy bank for that!

Somehow, I think i'drather be on the showroom floor of a stand alone Pontiac dealer than a stand alone Buick store, don't you? I mean ya got G6 & GTO and a minivan and a forthcoming Sport Ute & the Soltice coming

slk230mb
06-13-05, 11:09 PM
:woohoo: I guessed half right.

Sandy
06-13-05, 11:48 PM
Cigars on its way

Vesicant
06-14-05, 12:09 AM
Yay SLK we both won... halfway! :excited: