: Fuel Economy when new

carguy16
06-12-05, 03:19 PM
What type of fuel economy did you get? Or what have you generally gotten? I just read on ebay some qwack that said they got 28-30 MPG highway, and 22-24 city driving, I totally laughed at that, and said something derogative about it. This is with the Brougham package, 2.93 gearing.

Then it was changed to: Correction: It should read 24 - 27 mpg overall. Sorry.

What I get, 14 city, 18 city/highway combo, 22 straight highway, how the hell they get these is amazing. I COULD go TWICE AS FAR if this were true! How true is this?! I changed my air filter, and put in 10W30 synthetic blend oil, that only helped out about 1 MPG.

So, if this is true, it would be extremely cost effective to spend $1,000.00 bucks for the tune up. Although, at a 40% increase in economy, it would take around 55 fill ups to pay for itself, if I calculated it right. That, buy all the parts, and have an indy shop do it. How long does this take? PLugs, wires, removing serp. belt/putting it on, pCV valves, egr, oxygen sensors, what about the Mass air flow sensors? I heard those should be replaced too...

94-96 Fleetwoods only, sorry...

delzy
06-12-05, 10:18 PM
Perhaps you have the v4p towing package with deeper gears. I know that really pounds the mileage. Check the sticker in the trunk for v4p option.

I'm looking for a 95 FWB with the v4p package right now so I can get rid of my work van (E-350) and cruise in style with a nice trailer. Noone really seems to list the options accurately on these cars when advertising them.

carguy16
06-12-05, 10:29 PM
I dont have the trairlow tow package, I just have 2.93 gears...

Perhaps you have the v4p towing package with deeper gears. I know that really pounds the mileage. Check the sticker in the trunk for v4p option.

I'm looking for a 95 FWB with the v4p package right now so I can get rid of my work van (E-350) and cruise in style with a nice trailer. Noone really seems to list the options accurately on these cars when advertising them.

N0DIH
06-13-05, 01:57 AM
Well, V4P is rated 16 city, 23 highway, and non V4P is (I am sure 2.56) 16 city and 25 highway, so I would expect a 2.93 to drop in at 16 and 24.

My V4P is running me 18.5 average city/highway, and once in a while I get like 22.5-22.9. Most of the time mid to high 18's. Or like tonight, 16.1. Hmm, got me wondering why!

Remember the highway driving cycle is like steady driving at 50 mph for x miles. So take that with a grain of salt how accurate that is.