: Rattle center console

integra
06-12-05, 10:50 AM
My center console rattles like crazy (area around the cupholders, between the shifter and the armrest) even during smooth highway driving. I brought it to the dealer and got the old can't replicate the problem line. Anyone know how that center console comes apart. I want to remove it and tighten everything back down to see if it helps.

SoFlaV
06-12-05, 11:18 AM
Did they ask you to drive it with a tech to demonstrate the noise? That's the first thing I would have requested if I got that line.

StealthV
06-12-05, 11:43 AM
Integra, do you have a stock exhaust system?

The FAQ has some info about adjusting the center console -> CadillacFAQ.com (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/centerrub.html)

integra
06-12-05, 01:02 PM
I have the Corsa exhaust. I don't find the Corsa to be much different than the stock exhaust in terms of vibration or loudness, at least from inside the car so i don't think its a contributor to the problem. I didn't get a chance to test ride with the tech, by the time I picked up my car it was the end of the day. I'll take a look at the FAQ and bring it back to the dealer if I have to, its just not very convenient with my schedule.

VCONVERT
06-12-05, 01:05 PM
My console has a rattle also and my V is bone stock at this point. I think there was a post about this some time ago but I can't locate it. Anyone else remember?

slow35th
06-12-05, 11:35 PM
My console has a rattle also and my V is bone stock at this point. I think there was a post about this some time ago but I can't locate it. Anyone else remember?

See if it does it with the ashtray in the out position. There is a weight on the lever that latches the ash tray. It is held in place by a very light spring. If this is your problem check the faq on how to remove it. You have to remove a small screw under the felt compartment and then pull the whole thing out as a unit. Be carfull of the power wire to the cigerette lighther. It is held in by clips. Once it is out you will see the weight on the lever and you can drop a dab on silicone sealant on it to keep it from rattling around. If this is your problem, this will clear it up.

CVP33
06-13-05, 08:08 PM
With the BB x-pipe and headers I have parts of me vibrating all the time. Can't say I mind it though.