: I've also had sinful thoughts

Rolex
06-12-05, 12:51 AM
Reading an article recently on the chrysler 300 SRT 8. This thing is going to sport 425 hp and be a big freakin rocket (I like rockets). Historically I've been a Dodge/Chrysler hater because I've had some bad, BAD experiences with the cars and the people who service them. Shamefully http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_dissapprove.gif , I have to admit this 300 SRT 8 had me considering looking into buying sometime this summer.

I stopped by a dealership today and sat in the 300 C and 300 limited, and my initial impression was it's cheap garbage. The interior is cheap plastic with either brushed aluminum or fake wood. The seats weren't nearly as confortable as the escalade. They had no side bolstering and just felt flat and hard. Not to mention the annoying salesman couldn't articulate a single word he spoke.....I'm certain he was over medicated. http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/anim_boozer.gif

So I stopped by the Cadillac dealership and invested in another 4 years and 50k miles worth of extended b-to-b waranty. Looks like I'll be keeping my Lade. http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/anim_naughty.gif

ben72227
06-12-05, 01:28 AM
Thank goodness you didn't switch to the dark side.;)
I've never been a real big fan of those sucky cars (http://www.mychryslersucks.com/) anyway. I'm going to be a GM man till the day I die. That is, of course, unless I get my hands on a Mazda:devil: RX-something.

Ralph
06-12-05, 01:41 AM
The most reliable cars I ever had were the 1970 Plymouth Fury 1, and the '69 Charger. I found the seats very comfortable on the 300C and I like them firm, but I wonder how long-term quality will be on the 300, or if they will age well or not.

It's still no Cadillac. Glad you're staying with us. ;)

Here is an article for you from our newspaper on the 2005 Escalade, hope it is large enough to read...I was going to put it in the Escalade section but......

majax
06-12-05, 04:23 AM
(http://www.mychryslersucks.com/)

I am glad people like this don't buy Cadillacs.:histeric:

Now why isnt D-C out of money and GM is:confused:

davesdeville
06-12-05, 08:29 AM
It's still no Cadillac, but for the price the 300 can't be beat IMO.

Spyder
06-12-05, 11:31 AM
The most reliable cars I ever had were the 1970 Plymouth Fury 1, and the '69 Charger.

For reliable cars, mine would have to be the '68 Sport Fury... ...beat the living HELL out of it, flogged it daily, and it never broke...Damn, I miss that thing... :'(

HotRodSaint
06-12-05, 02:32 PM
Reading an article recently on the chrysler 300 SRT 8. This thing is going to sport 425 hp and be a big freakin rocket (I like rockets).

I want the Magnum SRT8!!

Ralph
06-12-05, 04:45 PM
For reliable cars, mine would have to be the '68 Sport Fury... ...beat the living HELL out of it, flogged it daily, and it never broke...Damn, I miss that thing... :'(

My Grad buddies wrapped that '70 Fury around a tree at 35 mph and it still drove for 2 months!!! The RCMP had to tow it away for safety reasons!!

Toughest cars on the planet!

Stoneage_Caddy
06-12-05, 05:34 PM
WAIT ...that article said there is a 5300 as the base engine in the lade now ....

odd

Ralph
06-12-05, 05:37 PM
WAIT ...that article said there is a 5300 as the base engine in the lade now ....

odd

Maybe not for the U.S. models??

Spyder
06-12-05, 06:49 PM
Yea...my Fury, after driving it for damn near a year, I finally realized that it had a badly bent frame and far too big of a motor for a kid...ahhh, to be 16 and careless again...

Elvis
06-12-05, 09:11 PM
Well, since we're confessing, I would've bought the Magnum if it had been made by ANYBODY but Dodge. I would've considered the Pacifica, even though my father-in-law bought one.

Ralph
06-12-05, 09:34 PM
Well, since we're confessing, I would've bought the Magnum if it had been made by ANYBODY but Dodge. I would've considered the Pacifica, even though my father-in-law bought one.

Chrysler quality is supposedly "up there" now bud. All the money Daimler invested, etc. you probably might have been very happy with one...

Elvis
06-12-05, 09:51 PM
Chrysler quality is supposedly "up there" now bud. All the money Daimler invested, etc. you probably might have been very happy with one...

I'm still waiting for the Daimler influence to kick in. It's getting better, but still not quite there yet. When I looked at the Magnum at the car show in February, my father pointed out to me that the turn signal and a few of the switches on the steering column and dash were the exact same thing that's in the current S430. So they're sharing some parts already.

slk230mb
06-12-05, 09:53 PM

odd

hmmm, up until 2005 the RWD drive version came with the 5.3 but I thought in 2005 they offered the 6.0 in both platforms.

Ralph
06-12-05, 10:02 PM
It's a Canuck article guys, I wouldn't believe a WORD of it!!

:sneaky: damn propaganda! :histeric:

Stoneage_Caddy
06-12-05, 10:05 PM
hmmm, up until 2005 the RWD drive version came with the 5.3 but I thought in 2005 they offered the 6.0 in both platforms.
wait , so you could get a stright rear wheel drive escalade with a 5300 ?

i thought they all came with AWD and the 6 litre ...

so has the 5300 in the lade always had 295hp ?

slk230mb
06-12-05, 10:21 PM
wait , so you could get a stright rear wheel drive escalade with a 5300 ?

i thought they all came with AWD and the 6 litre ...

so has the 5300 in the lade always had 295hp ?

Yea.