: Caddy wheels....any at all

Barry Clark
06-11-05, 06:08 PM
I have all but given up on finding the wire rims that aren't beat to hell and back. I have seen some nice wheels that have Caddy centerpieces on them but I don't know where to find 'em.

Any help would be great.

This is for the 1991 Brougham; 5 lug/5"D.

The Ape Man
06-11-05, 06:59 PM
One way is to find a car for sale that still has a good set of wheels. Buy the car, swap the wheels and re-sell the car. The loose ones are usually rusticated.

Barry Clark
06-11-05, 08:18 PM
I saw some Seville/Deville and DTS wheels that looked pretty good. But, I don't know; none of them will look as good as the optional 15" wheels. I will just have to be patient.

DopeStar 156
06-12-05, 01:43 AM
They're still available from Cadillac if you're willing to shell out a pretty good chunk of cash for them. $800 a wheel if I remember correctly. Then you have to buy center caps, then the crest emblem for the center caps. If you got the money, go for it thatway. I'm gonna try my local junkyard that has several rows of just RWD Caddys. This place has tons of Cadillacs and parts.

N0DIH
06-12-05, 03:02 AM
Do they have a wheel kit like the Impala SS wheels do? It is like $400 a wheel for the Impala SS wheel, but if you get the wheel kit, it is like $183 per wheel, but the requirement is they must be ordered in fours. You can count on a dealer isn't (in 1985!) going to pay $800 each to upgrade a buyers car, even if they do tell the buyer that is the price! See if you can find the OEM supplier from the wheels. Western did the Trans AM WS6 wheels in the 70's through 81. So you never know, they are simply wheels to GM specs.

seanhildy
06-22-05, 05:35 PM
Hey I just ran across your post. I have no idea how old it is, or if you are still searching for wire wheels from a cadillac. Im looking to sell a set of 4 wire rims from my 1994 deville, Im willing to send them very cheap just to get rid of them. Im not sure, but im almost positive they fit your dimensions. Just thought i would let you know in case I have what you are looking for. If you are still interested shoot me an email. Shildenbrandt@hotmail.com

N0DIH
06-22-05, 08:25 PM
84 or 94?

94 Devilles are FWD, 84 Devilles are RWD

ShadowLvr400
06-23-05, 11:03 AM
I have stock chrome rims off a 97 Eldorado. Those are still for sale.

brougham
06-23-05, 01:23 PM
He can't use front wheel drive rims.

cadillacmike68
06-23-05, 03:31 PM
Dudes, don't confuse folks here.

1985 & up DeVilles are FWD as are ALL Eldos from 1967 & up and SeVilles from about 1980. None of thee wheels will fit our RWD Fleetwoods (or older Devilles or real old Eldos)

Has anybody actualley called their local Cadillac dealer and asked if those $800.00 wheels can still be bought???

If you don't want OEM Spec, folks like Kanter auto part and some of the other advertisers in Hemmings, advertise late 50's early 60s era 48 Spoke wheels al la those on the 1953 Eldorado (RWD) They look really nice and they WERE about $1,200.00 for a set of 4 with center caps / crests. They might be only 6" wide but will fit any RWD from mid 50s up to the 1996 Fleetwood.

Anybody know where i can get some steel wheels for my 1968 (I like the sombreros on this car) - I found out that 3 of mine are bent!

Broughamfanatic
07-20-05, 01:37 AM
On the Dayton Wire Wheels website there are some styles that look close enough to the original Cadillac wire wheels in the number of spokes and the 5-lugs. They run about $450 each in the 15-inch size used by RWD 1980-1992 Broughams. If they fit, see if the centerpieces from the original wire wheels will fit. If not, have some aluminum discs machined to fit over the Dayton nameplate, paint'em red, then buy some new Cadillac crests from a dealer parts dept. JB Weld epoxy will hold the emblems/discs onto the wheels. Personally, I think wire wheels on a Brougham looks awesome, but they're just too f---ing expensive. I'm content with my wire hubcaps and Vogue Tyres.

daytonwirewheels.com

Hilton
07-20-05, 03:28 AM
http://www.hubcaps.org/hubcaps/cadillac/cad050.jpg
I have a set of 4 nearly perfect wire *hubcaps*from a 1985 FWD DeVille I'd be willing to sell, since I am looking to find some rims... perhaps seanhildy's will look nice on my car. :)
The hubcaps themselves are in excellent used condition, just need a little cleaning and polishing. The center pieces and emblems within are in more or less perfect condition.

The web site I borrowed the above picture from lists the hubcap at $80 USD, I don't know if that includes the emblem or not. The local Hubcap City (basically a junk yard exclusively for hubcaps, with a guy running it who knows every hubcap for every car) sells those hubcaps for roughly $40 USD (sans center cap), and the Cadillac-crested center caps for roughly $160 USD. Not cheap hubcaps!

brougham
07-20-05, 11:09 PM
Good luck finding someone to pay that much for them. They're easy to find in junk yards and they're not worth too much.

Hilton
07-20-05, 11:14 PM
I'm not saying I wanted that much, I'm not insane! I do note that various center caps go on eBay for up to $60 USD each, although the more expensive ones are all-chrome for 94 alloy wheels and such...
Unfortunately seanhildy hasn't yet responded to my e-mail (not even to say "I sold them" or anything)... ah well.

caliguy65
07-29-05, 06:43 PM
I bought an 82 Fleetwood Brougham coupe and it came with the wire wheels. After looking at them up close I realized these are really just Appliance Wire Wheels with a Cadillac cap and emblem.

I used to see advertisements for these wheels all the time in Lowrider magazine in the late eighties-early nineties. I have looked but have not been able to find any info on the internet about this company or if they even still exist.

Maybe some one here can find something out?

borkedspork
07-30-05, 11:19 PM
http://www.hubcaps.org/hubcaps/cadillac/cad050.jpg
I have a set of 4 nearly perfect wire *hubcaps*from a 1985 FWD DeVille I'd be willing to sell, since I am looking to find some rims... perhaps seanhildy's will look nice on my car. :)
The hubcaps themselves are in excellent used condition, just need a little cleaning and polishing. The center pieces and emblems within are in more or less perfect condition.

The web site I borrowed the above picture from lists the hubcap at $80 USD, I don't know if that includes the emblem or not. The local Hubcap City (basically a junk yard exclusively for hubcaps, with a guy running it who knows every hubcap for every car) sells those hubcaps for roughly $40 USD (sans center cap), and the Cadillac-crested center caps for roughly $160 USD. Not cheap hubcaps!

Hey, I'm interested in the set, drop me a line at iby_412@hotmail.com

80cadzilla
09-15-05, 04:54 PM
i have the cadillac wires that came on my deville, they all have the centercaps and all there not bad i've polished them a bit and i get offers and compliments on them all the time, i AM looking to put aftermarket wires on it so these will be for sale soon.if your interested get back

The Ape Man
09-15-05, 06:26 PM
I bought an 82 Fleetwood Brougham coupe and it came with the wire wheels. After looking at them up close I realized these are really just Appliance Wire Wheels with a Cadillac cap and emblem.

I used to see advertisements for these wheels all the time in Lowrider magazine in the late eighties-early nineties. I have looked but have not been able to find any info on the internet about this company or if they even still exist.

Maybe some one here can find something out?

I believe that you are correct. The ones I had were manufactured by WR Grace & Co. There is a stamping with this info.

caliguy65
08-08-06, 02:42 PM
Thanks for that info. I'll look around and see if I find anything ont hat company.

Benzilla
08-08-06, 06:23 PM
I know a guy thats selling a white '91 Brougham that needs $400 of tranny work, but has wire wheels, he's selling the whole car for $800!!!!!!!! I'm really thinking about buying the car, putting the wires on my '83 Coupe Deville, getting a set of steelies for the Brougham and selling it.

I've worked on the car and detailed it, the rims are almost mint. The car is nice too, I just don't know where I'd put it untill I can clean it up and unload it.

CaddymanTom
08-09-06, 12:16 PM
I have the wires on both my 87 Brougham and 78 Seville. I found both sets on e-bay. The Broughams are like new and the Sevilles look decent. I had to do some cleaning but the look great now. I paid $800.00 per set plus shipping. I always check e-bay there seems to be at least one set on there each month. Hope this helps