: might have been done before... but hey take a look

Sam OCM
06-11-05, 12:55 PM
I was just wondering where everyone is from?

I live in Astoria, OR but work at Warrenton OR.

:cookoo: drives you nuts

Boombotz
06-11-05, 01:20 PM
I live in Tampa, Fl. Work up & down the west coast of Fl. Original from Long Island, NY. I love both places. The farthest state I have been out west is Wisconsin. I'm a East Coasterner. (Don't know if that is a word) I have never been on the west coast of the U.S.

slk230mb
06-11-05, 02:19 PM
I live in Bayside, NYC and go to school in Binghamton, NY.

Sam OCM
06-11-05, 02:20 PM
awesome lade!! loving the rims.

What do you do at school?

Ralph
06-11-05, 02:34 PM
Saskatchewan! Pronounced "Sas-catch you one" It's larger than California, but I bet you don't know where it is. :sneaky:

Welcome aboard Sam!! My cousin used to live in Eugene Or.

Boombotz
06-11-05, 02:37 PM
Saskatchewan! Pronounced "Sas-catch you one" It's larger than California, but I bet you don't know where it is. :sneaky:

Welcome aboard Sam!!

or care.:D When you enter the town do they have a sign telling you how to pronouce it. Sas-catch-you-one

Ralph
06-11-05, 02:38 PM
or care.:D

Exactly! ;) :hide:

:crying:

Sam OCM
06-11-05, 02:42 PM
Canada isnt it? between Alberta and Manitoba ;)

Regina is the main city i methinks but not 100%!

=)

HotRodSaint
06-11-05, 02:42 PM
I'm from California.

Our economy would be the FIFTH largest economy in the world, if we were a nation, surpassing Canada!!

Boombotz
06-11-05, 02:43 PM
Sorry, I added to it. We have alot of Canadians here in Fl. Just keep coming here and spending your money so I don't have to pay state sales tax.:D

Boombotz
06-11-05, 02:46 PM
awesome lade!! loving the rims.

What do you do at school?

:thumbsup: Thanks Sam. I think you were talking to me about the rims and asking SLK230mb were he goes to school.

Ralph
06-11-05, 02:53 PM
Canada isnt it? between Alberta and Manitoba ;)

Regina is the main city i methinks but not 100%!

=)

GOLD STAR!! :thumbsup:

slk230mb
06-11-05, 04:33 PM
In the fall I'll be a junior at Binghamton University (SUNY) as an economics major, prolly gonna get my MBA in Business after.

barefootboatnik
06-11-05, 05:43 PM
Live in Key Largo, Florida and work about 15 miles south in Islamorada, Florida. originally from Charleston, SC. I'm a southeastern boy... never been north of NC, nor further west than TN. I have lived in Italy and the Caribbean, tho, so I guess that makes me semi-traveled!

Stoneage_Caddy
06-11-05, 05:50 PM
Im from Marion Indiana , rasied in Central Florida , Lived in Alaska for 4 years

turned down a nice cushy desk job after 2 years to go to work at an autoparts store 1/4 mi from my home ....its sooooo nice not having to fight traffic anymore ...

Boombotz
06-11-05, 05:57 PM
Im from Marion Indiana , rasied in Central Florida , Lived in Alaska for 4 years

turned down a nice cushy desk job after 2 years to go to work at an autoparts store 1/4 mi from my home ....its sooooo nice not having to fight traffic anymore ...

You had to travel west to work on SR54 when everyone is heading east in the morning and east in the afternoon when everyone was heading west. Try heading the way I head in the morning on SR54. I have no simpathy for you. You were heading the complete opposite as traffic flows. I can't wait until they finish SR54 thru Trinity/Odessa area.

Stoneage_Caddy
06-11-05, 06:07 PM
LOL ...i didnt say gridlock .....LOL ...its not much beatter going my direction ...

what funnyier is you think they will finish 54 .....i havent laughed that hard in a week ....When i left florida in 99 they had been working on it for a year or so ...i came back 4 years later ....and it still wasnt done .....

florida DOT needs to make a trip up to alaska and see how its done , they can do the 54 project in months , not decades and it wont fall apart and need repaveing after 2 months ( the issue on west bound 54 after toll road before gunn)

for anyone that doesnt know , there takeing 7 years to widen a road 2 lane 30 mile long road into one thats 4-6 lanes

Vesicant
06-11-05, 06:22 PM
Well...

I was born in Alaska - Lived in Washington state , Iowa and raised in Minnesota. Been living in Jacksonville, Florida for 2 years now.

:leaving:

Spyder
06-11-05, 07:58 PM
Raised in Capay, California...just outside of Chico, lived in Sacramento for a year, now in Yuba City, commute 100 miles round trip to Sac three/four times a week for school...plan on leaving California once I'm done with school in just under a year...

Rolex
06-11-05, 08:06 PM
Born and raised an Arkansas boy. I live about a stones throw from the HQ of a little company started by another Arkansan, called Wal-Mart. Almost everyone in our neighborhood is a vendor for Wal-Mart, or works for the HQ. My wife and I are the exceptions to that rule.

JefferyG I'm loving your new avatar.

Elvis
06-11-05, 11:38 PM
Almost everyone in our neighborhood is a vendor for Wal-Mart, or works for the HQ. My wife and I are the exceptions to that rule.

That's what you think.

We ALL work for Wal Mart in one way or another.

Stoneage_Caddy
06-11-05, 11:41 PM
damn right elvis ...we are all cogs in the machine

Rolex
06-12-05, 12:35 AM
That's what you think.

We ALL work for Wal Mart in one way or another.

Good point! And pretty much true....especially in this part of Arkansas. Wal-Mart is responsible for most of the growth and industry around this area.

Spyder
06-12-05, 05:41 AM
I think Elvis meant more of everyone everywhere does... a bit of conspiracy theory, if I may? :)

davesdeville
06-12-05, 08:34 AM
I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Yes, New Mexico is part of the US. No I do not need to go to "international flights" when I fly back here like a few airport workers have suggested. We have about 18000 members but I've never noticed one who posted being from NM.

And everyone who pays taxes works for Walmart.

jspano
06-12-05, 09:29 AM
born in westchester county n.y.(just north of THE CITY)
living in spring hill fla. 20 years

p.s. hotrodsaint nice car what yr/make

p.s.s. sam ocm you should see boom lade and rims in person

i didn't want to look but i had too

Boombotz
06-12-05, 09:54 AM
Yea the pictures of my rims do them no justice. They look a lot better in person.

RBraczyk
06-12-05, 10:00 AM
or care.:D When you enter the town do they have a sign telling you how to pronouce it. Sas-catch-you-one

Its teh country name. Saskatoon is the capital. Ralph, you live near here right?

kokoj
06-12-05, 10:58 AM
Live just outside of Boston on a penisula in Boston Harbor. Went to UW in Seattle.After getting a little buzz on after getting stuck in the snow one Jan night, moved to Calif ( San Fran- beautiful city). Lost my cherry on a Mediterranean island- Majorrca ( I think that is how it is spelled).AND I DON"T WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT TRAFFIC, I SURVIVED THE BIG DIG.

Stoneage_Caddy
06-12-05, 11:37 AM
are they done with the big dig ?

how did it all work out ?

D148L0
06-12-05, 01:00 PM

heh, heh, heh...

HotRodSaint
06-12-05, 02:24 PM
p.s. hotrodsaint nice car what yr/make

Thanks. :)

It's the last year of the large wheel rear drive traditionally styled Cadillacs. It's a 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham! :cool:

Ralph
06-12-05, 04:52 PM
Its teh country name. Saskatoon is the capital. Ralph, you live near here right?

:suspense:

Regina is the Capital. Have you looked on a map to see how far I am from you? About a 4 or 5 day drive actually. :burn:

Or were you joking with everything the opposite?? :p

Sam OCM
06-12-05, 05:23 PM
Yea the pictures of my rims do them no justice. They look a lot better in person.

your east coast im west coast! I suppose i could fly over... but just to see rims.... well maybe! they are the shizney!:coolgleam

Sorry... professional head back on now :rolleyes2

They do look the works!

kokoj
07-01-05, 02:13 PM
are they done with the big dig ?

how did it all work out ?
For what it cost, not that well. All well and good that you can move around in Boston more easily, but it did nothing to help the commute into Boston, which is where all the traffic comes from.
And, it leaks, Boston is on the water and part of the dig dig is under water, and it leaks, over 2 thousand of them according to Tuesday's paper. The government is now trying to force the contractors responsible for the leaks set up a maintenance fund.
It still isn't done, but after 11 years the end is in sight, too bad it didn't make that much difference, other than forcing them to improve the subway system. There is an irony in this, by trying to improve the roads, they improved public transportation.

Sandy
07-01-05, 02:31 PM
Bloomfield, New Jersey. First town outta Newark, going West.
Originally from South Orange, N.J. (5 miles South of here, home
of Seton Hall University). Truthfully....they both s*ck ! I wanna
move to Vermont, someday.

tru504187211
07-01-05, 08:13 PM
I THINK I'm the only one from Milwaukee...and probably the only one around on the board with a Sixty from this state! This city is alright to live in..no plans to move out of this place I call home.