: Shifter problem in 3rd gear

Loadtoad
06-09-05, 10:03 PM
On the way to the dealership to have the "dancing steering wheel" tire issue worked on, the shifter started a bad vibration in 3rd gear. The more load on the motor, the worse it gets! I asked the dealer about it and the only thing I was told is that there was a V on a rack with a tranny out that has the same problem. Has anyone else experienced the same thing?

I now have 211 miles on the clock and the dealer will not look into the problem until I hit 500 miles.

On a good note, the wheel dancing is 95% solved with tire re-balancing!

V-seriesTech
06-09-05, 10:21 PM
On the way to the dealership to have the "dancing steering wheel" tire issue worked on, the shifter started a bad vibration in 3rd gear. The more load on the motor, the worse it gets! I asked the dealer about it and the only thing I was told is that there was a V on a rack with a tranny out that has the same problem. Has anyone else experienced the same thing?

I now have 211 miles on the clock and the dealer will not look into the problem until I hit 500 miles.

On a good note, the wheel dancing is 95% solved with tire re-balancing!

LOL,....loadtoad,...not laughing at your problem but,...I remember you from the battleboard,...like 4 or more years ago....funny stuff.

Still have the red Z?

Loadtoad
06-09-05, 10:55 PM
LOL,....loadtoad,...not laughing at your problem but,...I remember you from the battleboard,...like 4 or more years ago....funny stuff.

Still have the red Z?

Never had a red Z.... traded in Silver 02Z for the CTS and yes.... still on the Battleboard :want:

V-seriesTech
06-09-05, 11:08 PM
Never had a red Z.... traded in Silver 02Z for the CTS and yes.... still on the Battleboard :want:

oh yes,...silver.

Battleboard isn't what it used to be,...

Haven't been there in, well, years. Didn't know it was still around.

CTSV05
06-10-05, 01:19 AM
No but the synchronizers in 2nd are out in ours.

CaddyGeek
06-10-05, 06:41 PM
Non Z06 C5's have this problem regularly. Flat pedal power shifting is a no-no with those trannys :nono: