: Brougham model question

Barry Clark
06-09-05, 02:56 PM
It was to my understanding that the box type body for the Cadillac died out with the Brougham in 1992. True, yes?

I just had a guy tell me that he had a 1997 of that type in his salvage yard. I called him cause I saw it out there and it looked to be an early 90's model like mine.

I just want to make sure that I hadn't gone crazy.

brougham
06-09-05, 05:44 PM
You're right. The newer FLeetwoods look completely different and they never made one in 1997 either.

Barry Clark
06-09-05, 09:30 PM
...and just for own knowledge:

The Fleetwood and Brougham did actually become separate models at one point, didn't they? Split around the mid-eighties. Right?

Leloz
06-09-05, 11:02 PM
Yes, you are right. At one point the Fleetwood was a FWD model and the Brougham was RWD. The 1993-1996 Fleetwoods had the Brougham package as an option.

Superior Coaches did make a Fleetwood Limited from 1998-1999. It was basically a stretched Deville, still FWD.

Barry Clark
06-09-05, 11:55 PM
I ask because everywhere I go I get people who are supposed to know this shit telling me that what I have is a Fleetwood. For all intents and purposes, yes it is like the old Fleetwoods but for that model year it was a Brougham. I just don't want them to give me the wrong part.

I think there was even a Fleetwood option for the Brougham at one point. Not too sure though.

Thanks for the help guys! Greatly appreciated.