: Any Tri-State people looking for a Fleetwood Brougham?

Blackout
06-09-05, 08:17 AM
Not entirely sure as to where to put this so i'll just toss it here and if an admin doesn't feel it belongs here then could you please move it to the correct area please? But I was on my way to my gf's house and I had to stop and get gas and I noticed a Fleetwood Brougham with a For Sale sign in the window. So I got out and looked it over and its a 1995 from Florida with 58k miles on it. Its white with a white soft top and a tan interior. The guy is asking $4000 for it and after looking it over the only things I saw that were wrong with it was that the windshield had some sorta discoloration in a small spot but it wouldn't affect your visability because its off to the side and the drivers seat where the seat heater buttons are at had some tears in the seat. But other then that it looked clean. But its at the Shell Station in Hamilton, NJ at the corner of Olden Ave & Whitehorse/Mercerville Road *I believe thats the name of it* But here's the address for the place as well as the phone number if you are interested.

2231 S OLDEN AVE
TRENTON, NJ 08610
609-585-2730

davesdeville
06-09-05, 09:45 AM
Which exactly are the tri-states? I'm not from around there so I don't know. NJ obviously... NY and PA?

Blackout
06-09-05, 10:22 AM
PA/NJ/DE is considered the Tri-State area but you could also throw NY in there also but then I guess that would be the Quad-State area. That doesn't sound as good as the Tri-State area IMO :hmm:

danbuc
06-09-05, 01:01 PM
I always thought that the Tri-State area was comprised of NY/NJ/CT. At least that's the three states they list in all the Mercedes commercials I see for "Tri-State" area promotionals. I guess it depends on where your located.

Boombotz
06-09-05, 01:47 PM
I always thought that the Tri-State area was comprised of NY/NJ/CT. At least that's the three states they list in all the Mercedes commercials I see for "Tri-State" area promotionals. I guess it depends on where your located.

This is what I also always knew as the Tri-State area. You might be correct in saying it depends on where you are located because I was from NY originally. I did a search though and can tell you it was very scattered. A lot of different opinions on this one.

Elvis
06-09-05, 02:39 PM
Anywhere you have a TV station serving three states--that's a tri-state area.

Everybody thinks they're the only one.

JimHare
06-09-05, 04:02 PM
To be absolutely semantically correct, Blackout should have restricted his geographical designation to "The Delaware Valley" - this is an area more intimately associated by its residents to include eastern PA, central and Southern NJ, and northern Delaware... the locale he speaks of is in the Trenton NJ area, midway between Philly and NYC...

Historically, though, the "TRI STATE AREA" has been a local idiom for the eastern PA/NJ/Northern Delaware area longer than any OTHER tri state area, since 2/3rds of the states named were the first two states in the Federal union...thus, we have the earliest claim to the designation....LOL

JimHare
06-09-05, 04:05 PM
Which exactly are the tri-states? I'm not from around there so I don't know. NJ obviously... NY and PA?

DD, your semi-unique geographical location enables you to trump us weenies with only a triad of states with the guadratically superior "Four Corners Area" nomenclature. Lucky guy... :histeric:

Elvis
06-09-05, 04:18 PM
Historically, though, the "TRI STATE AREA" has been a local idiom for the eastern PA/NJ/Northern Delaware area longer than any OTHER tri state area, since 2/3rds of the states named were the first two states in the Federal union...thus, we have the earliest claim to the designation....LOL

They probably weren't too thrilled with the addition of the next 47.

JimHare
06-09-05, 04:38 PM
They probably weren't too thrilled with the addition of the next 47. :gun2:
Hell, Pennsylvania farmers started firing on them Guv'mint Revenoors before the ink was dry on the Constitution..

davesdeville
06-10-05, 05:02 AM
The four corners out-pimp the tri-state area. It's true.

Sandy
06-10-05, 08:46 AM
Funny, I live 60 miles away, but I know Olden Ave in Trenton, as well the immediate surrounding area therein. Since our son goes to college in Princeton, and once in while we take the 52 mile hike down there, I've learned alot of new & interesting areas there.
The strange thing is allthough it's very much New Jersey - residents (IMO) seem to mentally link with Pennsy. moreso than Jersey. They shop "over in Pensy" ~ buy their cars "Over in Pensy" ~ and seem to mentally align themselves as missplaced Pensy people rather then Jersey-ites. Just something I've picked up on. Seems 90% also work in Pensy as well. They don't seem to do much more than sleep & pay taxes in Jersey.

JimHare
06-10-05, 12:24 PM
<SNIP>They don't seem to do much more than sleep & pay taxes in Jersey.That actually describes a preponderance of Jerseyites anyway..:histeric:

AirJigga25
06-10-05, 04:39 PM
PA/NJ/DE is considered the Tri-State area but you could also throw NY in there also but then I guess that would be the Quad-State area. That doesn't sound as good as the Tri-State area IMO :hmm:

THE TRI-State Megabucks is for VT, NH, ME.

96CADDYDEVILLE
07-14-05, 12:53 AM
delaware is the best and first state!!!!!!! just my 2 cents

danbuc
07-15-05, 08:32 PM
I hear they have no sales tax in Deleware. I should drive over there and buy stuff.