: B&M shifter

jimbo1320
06-08-05, 11:33 PM
Anyone go with the B&M shifter? $240 at Advance Auto Parts. Alway thought they had quality shifters.

1gCtsV05
06-08-05, 11:47 PM
for $160 more get the UUC shifter.. its worth it!

Barak
06-09-05, 01:53 AM
I've been wondering why no one has said anything about the B&M shifter. It looks to be the nicest shifter out there, in addition to being far less than the others. I should be getting one in the next few weeks and I will let you all know how it turns out.

Texan V
06-09-05, 02:14 AM
That's funny. When I checked online with advance auto parts for the B&M nothing was found for the CTS-V...

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductList.aspx?parttype=241&ptset=A

and the B&M website doesn't show any products for cadillac.

you guys know something I don't?

Barak
06-09-05, 02:31 AM
B&M's website is screwed up, but here's the link.

http://www.bmracing.com/media/catalog/3.pdf

Picture on page 2, part number 45067.

benjet
06-09-05, 03:06 AM
I find it interesting that this would fit THREE different transmissions, but then again it's just the stalk. I will say that this doubt comes primarily due to the fact that for other vehicles with multiple transmissions (5 and 6 speeds, T-56 vs. other, etc.) they have different shifters. But I certainly could be totally wrong here.

-Ben

ssmith100
06-09-05, 09:28 AM
Go read the post in the GTO forums about how much they like there B&M Shifters......................not. They've had people have there stalks break off during shifts.:helpless:

Shane

lawfive
06-09-05, 12:37 PM
They've had people have there stalks break off during shifts.:helpless:

Shane

:eek:

Nothing worse than having your stalk break when you're playing with it hard.

I'll stick to my UUC; mmmm, it's good!

RobzBLKV
06-09-05, 03:55 PM
If I had known B&M Racing had a shifter available, I would have considered it. I used their ssk in my e36 M3 and had no complaints. I probably liked the Rogue Engineering version slightly better b/c of the weighted shifter rod.

JKG
06-09-05, 07:07 PM
I am guessing the B&M is just the handle, and not the linkage. I am not sure, but that might not be that much different than stock. It's those rubber bushings we all seem to dislike. Doesn't the UUC come with special bushings?

benjet
06-09-05, 07:14 PM
I am guessing the B&M is just the handle, and not the linkage. I am not sure, but that might not be that much different than stock. It's those rubber bushings we all seem to dislike. Doesn't the UUC come with special bushings?

Nope.

RobzBLKV
06-09-05, 09:12 PM

The handle can change the shifter mechanics dramatically by changing where the pivot is in relation to the linkage and changing the length of the lever. The ssk's usually use some form of stainless pivot ball to avoid mushiness and may or may not change other parts. I haven't installed my UUC kit yet, but I don't think it changes anything but the handle. I will change the bushings as well, but I would do that for either kit.