: BLOWNCHEVY MAGGIE questions

V-seriesTech
06-08-05, 11:22 AM
Brian,...I belive it's Brian,..i'm sorry if it isn't. I have some questions for you, regarding the magnacharger for the CTS-V's, regarding boost capabilities.....as far as what the magnacharger actually CAN make power wise or better yet, what can the blower make boost wise(maximum).

I understand about what your company recommends, from a safety/warranty standpoint,....but this set up would be going on a car with a set of LOW compression heads,cam,full exhaust, magnacharger WITH a smaller pulley(how much smaller will be based on what you tel mel/or what I can find out from now until then what works) and maybe even Porting the blower,...as I've seen 40 rwhp made by porting a factory stock 03 cobra's supercharger.

I'm going to surf some C5/corvette boards today, and see what some of the Z06 guys are running...

Basically, my customer is looking for the most amount of horsepower. I would like to make it with the magnacharger but, if the blower max's itself out,...i'll have to go a centrifugal or turbo route.

Please advise, as your opinon is important to me.(by the way, i've done around thirty or so magnachargers on Hummers(lost count) so this information would be useful for those units as well.)

Thank you in advance,

Jamie Wells
Vera Motorsports

alcindus
06-08-05, 12:35 PM
You GO Jamie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V-seriesTech
06-08-05, 12:39 PM
You GO Jamie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol. :lildevil:

I've gotta find out ASAP...as my customer is in loom....:banghead:

When you gonna stop by brother? I've got a V here now, that isn't stock:sneaky: ,..and one showing up today with the maggie on it at around 5:lildevil: . You should stop by for a minute, if you have time. If not,..anytime, I pretty much live here.:)

lawfive
06-08-05, 12:58 PM
V,

I'll tell you what I know, which isn't much: I was making only 5.5 pounds with a 3" pulley; going to 2.8" took me to 6.7 pounds. I also know that during V kit R&D, Magnuson had the blower up to 8 PSI but ran into heat issues.

Jerry

V-seriesTech
06-08-05, 01:01 PM
V,

I'll tell you what I know, which isn't much: I was making only 5.5 pounds with a 3" pulley; going to 2.8" took me to 6.7 pounds. I also know that during V kit R&D, Magnuson had the blower up to 8 PSI but ran into heat issues.

Jerry

Thank you for your help Jerry, that more info that I had/have. Thank you for your imput. I really need to put a boost gauge on our current supercharged car, to see what it is REALLY makeing. I do remember when we were having the car tuned, they reported 6.5 psi. I'm gonna try and rig up a temp boost gauge today, to see what it's pushing as is.

Again, thank you.

Jamie

dannystang
06-08-05, 01:03 PM
Hmm Jamie, just glanced at the turbo stems, there putting down 600+ rwhp on stock internals..

Hell there is a z06 twin turbo kit that is just sick...

V-seriesTech
06-08-05, 01:22 PM
Hmm Jamie, just glanced at the turbo stems, there putting down 600+ rwhp on stock internals..

Hell there is a z06 twin turbo kit that is just sick...

Dan the man,..I know dude. I'm trying to see what I can find out but,...it's hard to find somebody that builds a kit for YOUR car(cts-V). I just emailed another company, that in the past asked if I would donate a vehicle to them for a turbo mockup. The problem with that is the company was/is in oklahoma.

If the maggie can't go with a HIGHer amount of boost(which we need to be careful anyways) we may need to find someone to do the turbo/two turbos...or go with a procharger or something of that nature. Hopefully i'll get a response back before I rip ALL my hair out.

I just looked at hundereds of webpages,...on all kinds of vette sites and for the most part,..everything was speculations,...and only a couple of good posts.
Thanks to lawfive, I have some more, useful information about the capability of the maggie kits.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!:banghead:

jamie:bighead:

blownchevy
06-09-05, 11:42 AM
Sorry for the delay.

The supercharger is capeable of making 600 rwhp with the correct set up. Please give me a call or e-mail me with any questions, I have not been at my desk much lately, and the e-mails are forwarded to a mobile.

Thanks!!

V-seriesTech
06-09-05, 11:45 AM
Sorry for the delay.

The supercharger is capeable of making 600 rwhp with the correct set up. Please give me a call or e-mail me with any questions, I have not been at my desk much lately, and the e-mails are forwarded to a mobile.

Thanks!!

Thanks, check your mail....and your voice mail.

jamie

dannystang
06-09-05, 12:00 PM
Sorry for the delay.

Thanks!!

How about on stock internals, headers, exhaust?

troyboy1
06-09-05, 05:30 PM
V-seriesTech: What is the name of the company in Oklahoma that wanted the vehicle for the mockup? I live in Tulsa and could possible be interested in working something out.

V-seriesTech
06-09-05, 06:59 PM
V-seriesTech: What is the name of the company in Oklahoma that wanted the vehicle for the mockup? I live in Tulsa and could possible be interested in working something out.

One second...ok, found it. Check your PM pimpin' :thumbsup:

Nevermind....seems you have the PM's off/or blocked....

unlock you pm's, ..

.......nevermind,...i'll just post it, hopefully you get it before someone else does...

Rad Craig,
Induction Concepts,
High Performance Twin Turbo Systems
http://www.inductionconcepts.com (http://www.inductionconcepts.com/)
(918) 825-TWIN (8946)

rad@inductionconcepts.com (rad@inductionconcepts.com)

Hope this works out for you. Let me know if it works.

Jamie