: Windshields across models

ammason
06-07-05, 06:01 PM
Hey all,

I'm looking for a windshield for the 69 limo - mine has some cracks. It's a Fleetwood 75, so I should be able to use the same windshield as the Hearsts and Ambulances... Right?

Can I snag a windhield from any 65-70 Caddy and get it to work? Any specific models? Any ideas? Anybody got one?

I'll be driving the beast across the country in a few weeks and can pick it up on the way - I could bring you cool stuff and we could help each other out...

Cheers!

Aaron

shreddedtires
06-07-05, 07:47 PM
I can tell you from experience that the windshield in a 69 limo is a few inches taller than a regular bodied Cadillac. The windshield in Elizabeth is bigger than most, have to order COMMERCIAL parts... Get familiar with the word "commercial", because the brakes are all commercial parts. Hope this helps.

shreddedtires
06-07-05, 07:48 PM
Oh, and it's Hearse, not hearst. :D

ammason
06-07-05, 09:25 PM
Rrrrr - I thought that might be the case... Do you know of anywhere I can get one without spending $400? That's the only one I've been able to find...

I guess 4 collective feet of cracks aren't that bad - I may get fix-it tickets in 27 states, but hey, that's what one-way roadtrips are for, right?

shreddedtires
06-09-05, 01:48 PM
try contacting www.cwcoach.com for parts. They have several parts cars in stock.