: Rocks And Pans Dont Mix

youbetcha77
06-07-05, 04:26 PM
I just wanted to share with everyone my continuing good luck. Actually if it wasnt for bad luck I wouldnt have any.

Saturday I was coming back from the Wal-mart and seen a rock in the road. It was small, but sticking up kind of. I thought I could clear it. I heard a thud and figured it hit the exhaust since its the lowest point on the car. I drive the remaining 8 miles home with no problem. Upon stopping in the driveway, smoke drifts past the headlight beams. I look under it and the rock had smashed and pierced the transmission pan. I imeadiately started taking pictures. I think im as bad as NightWolf with the pictures. Anyhow, this is what it did.

Blaze

ShadowLvr400
06-07-05, 04:29 PM
Sheesh, that's just not right.... You might be able to weld, or get a plate welded to seal that shut... Otherwise, its new trannycase...

youbetcha77
06-07-05, 04:32 PM
I ordered a pan from the dealer, 33.00 wholesale and installed it this morning. everything is good now. No more rocks though,

LOL

Blaze

Stoneage_Caddy
06-07-05, 04:38 PM
you almost made it ...that sucked ass ....

Spyder
06-07-05, 05:24 PM
Hehe...at least it was a cheap fix...and you now know when your tranny fluid was last changed! :)

slk230mb
06-07-05, 07:16 PM
Wow, that's cool that it's an easy fix.

youbetcha77
06-07-05, 07:48 PM
Hehe...at least it was a cheap fix...and you now know when your tranny fluid was last changed! :)
I went ahead and bought the filter for it. I had a hell of a time getting the old seal out for the filter. I guess I found out I could never take it off road if I wanted to. LOL

Blaze

Boombotz
06-07-05, 08:22 PM
I had something similar happen to my car in Long Island. It had just started to snow and I slid off the road around a sharp corner was able to get the car under control and hit nothing. Just missed a telephone pole. I got out of the car and saw no type of damage. Next day got up to go to work. car had already been scheduled to have some minor door work done while I was at work. I recieved a call stating that my oil pan was torn apart. When I went off the road there was a rock and it just tore up my underneath area didn't even take notice of it because I figured what could a rock do. Well i guess I got the answer to that question.